advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body shell back down on the chassis and loosely bolted down. I’ve started removing the mounts on the other side so I can jack the body over the other way. There’s still a fair bit of finish welding to do and it’s that much easier with the body raised up six inches or so.

Not contributed to this thread in a while, so...

Golf is going ok. Good social distancing still in place at my club. Hopefully the latest round of restrictions won't restrict what doesn't need to be restricted! Handicap has come down by 2 shots, and a couple of Divisional Medal comps won!

Piano - well into getting the 3rd piece ready now for my exam - the restrictions in the spring sure helped me there - by being able to use the down time to practice more. Aiming for a Spring/Summer 2021 exam date (subject to availability).
strangely I spent a lot of time looking at a grand piano a friend needs to sell .trying to find a seriel number was fun ......Sadly it suffered some surface damage after storm damage but was tuned recently . Have not got a clue but as the chap is totally skint and moving soon it needs to go

Being of an exceptionally prescient nature.. I began socially distancing at the first hint of this accursed virus. The last 'event' I went to was the Bristol Show. Apart from my own home.. the only places I have been 'indoors' since, were.. a local independent internal decorating supplier, a local shop...twice, local pharmacy.. monthly for my prescription, local B&Q twice and local hospital overnight last night by ambulance for investigation of an irregular and very low heartbeat.. which thankfuly resolved without too much drama.. for now.

The hospital was by far the scariest.... not so much for my condition.. 'bigeminy'/'quadrigeminy'/'brachycardia' ... but the fact that although all staff and patients were wearing masks AND socially distanced... I couldn't escape the idea that any one of those patients or staff could potentially be infected and currently asymptomatic.

Anyway..when I went to the local independent painting and decorating supplier.. remember them?.. back in Jan/early Feb.. I purchased sufficient paint and sundries to re-decorate the whole ground floor, stairs and landing of my house...

So far.. I have almost completed the first and smallest room.. the Dining Room.

However.. as becomes more apparent daily... It is clear that Government tardiness and incompetence in dealing with this Pandemic far exceeds my own tardiness and incompetence in re- decorating...

So there really is no rush...

So there really is no rush...

My summer decorating job was to paint the garage walls and floor with the correct stuff, ready for the winter and if/when the gyms shut. We have a nice clean space now to train. I’ve just purchased some dumbbells, and am currently researching floor mats.

We do the unusual thing these days and use our garage to actually store a car in it, so now The garage is clean, tidy and can be converted into a gym room in a couple of minutes.

My wife has been back to our local gym a lot since it opened. She’s impressed with the measures they have put in place there. I’ve not been back yet basically as the weather has been very conducive to getting on a golf course....

Still shielding, GP feels I’m not safe to go among humans.

I’m starting work on “(I don’t want your) Germs” this week this has a comical-punk Dickies/Descendents/999 style to it. Still trying to keep it in the 2:59s ballpark with maybe a stupid vestigial there-oops-gone guitar solo in it like Cancel Culture. Currently at 200bpm I might bring back the marigolds for this one (all handclaps are hand-made from scratch with overdubs and no thickening agents).

Last edited:
I have just surprised the wife (steady on!) by researching a hotel to have a very short break.

I then passed the information to her, and she has booked it... still, very impressive for me.

Wife is delighted by my spontaneity, even though she has had to cancel her tap-dancing class to accommodate my impulsive nature.

Also delighted because I am paying.

I expect my neighbour to water their hanging baskets with some care, not a full blast garden hose pissing water all over my front door and bay window...

I hope you sent him the bill for cleaning. And set fire to his hanging baskets.

Spent a week redecorating the lounge and am now reflooring one of the bedrooms having decorated the room.
Not easy when you can only do it by moving the bed and wardrobe around the room as you go!

Visited the charity shop that I stock with records.

Picked up 18 x 12"/album sleeves and 13 x 7" sleeves ready to refill. Not bad going as the shop has only been open for a day. (that lot came to £42)

I have asked the manager to request more stock. Because the shop I stock sells lots of records, we get stock from other Headway shops.
A lot of the records go in the bin as they have no value, or are unplayable, but now and again we get some sellable donations.

Bizarrely, the shop has stopped stocking c.d's. They put donated c.d's in the bin...

I went to school to give blood...

50333613381_bd7a3505e8_z.jpg

Then stopped off at a building whose frontage always makes me smile (I still can't work out if the CCTV camera and alarm are real, but I suspect not) and went up to the 1st floor...

50333613366_3d1147036b_z.jpg

...where my RSD booty was waiting for me...

50333515407_eecbbb32f3.jpg

...came home and checked everything was in order for dinner...

50333132068_6cdcbcd415.jpg

...and that left the afternoon free for serious matters.

50332812478_6bf25b983e_z.jpg

answered multiple scam calls , started at 09.10 ....don`t these people know i need my sleep on a saturday !!! :eek::eek::eek:

I have just cut the back grass..slowly..as per instructions from Mrs Mull.
I now deserve to try out a new Mark Grant interconnect on my phono stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back