advertisement

What are the world's best speakers to bring the philharmonic into your living room?

Many thanks, tuga - as a B&W owner I wanted to get back to you to ask where these pictures have been taken, but I saw that you already updated your post in that regard.

Here's an image from Zurich in the makeshift recording studio at Tonhalle Maag (the provisional location, until the proper Tonhalle has finished renovations) - B&W 803 or 804 D2, it seems to me:

Hmmm! They seem to prefer using headphones???

But, on a serious note. I regard the Swiss Radios classical recordings sometimes transmitted here in Sweden as very fine. Any connection to them?

But, on a serious note. I regard the Swiss Radios classical recordings sometimes transmitted here in Sweden as very fine. Any connection to them?

Headphones - hadn't noticed that but now that you have mentioned it...

No, no connection to the Tonhalle, the image I linked was from a local newspaper.

Some do, on location. Channel Classics if I'm not mistaken.
I've also seen maestros and soloist using headphones when editing.

But my guess that all mixing (because unfortunately multi-mic'ing rules) is done on speakers.

advertisement

Back