advertisement

Welcome to the fascist state

Yes. And this includes the choice of voting, in case that wasn’t clear.

Absolutely. I’ve never argued to remove anyone’s vote! Quite the reverse actually. I’d like to see the voting age quite dramatically reduced so those well on the way to entering the world of employment, state service etc have had some part in shaping it and their future rather than having everything dictated downwards by the old. I’d reduce it to 14 years old. Given our elections are every four years or so that would average at 16, so no huge drop really, and far better than denying some folk a voice until into their 20s as we do currently.

Absolutely. I’ve never argued to remove anyone’s vote! Quite the reverse actually. I’d like to see the voting age quite dramatically reduced so those well on the way to entering the world of employment, state service etc have had some part in shaping it and their future rather than having everything dictated downwards by the old. I’d reduce it to 14 years old. Given our elections are every four years or so that would average at 16, so no huge drop really, and far better than denying some folk a voice until into their 20s as we do currently.
How about an upper age limit?

What are examples of the totally ridiculous claims that get far too much air time?
I could list a lot of things, but in truth I have gone tired of the topic for the time being. Maybe later, when the opportunity arises. I guess it will, soon :)

I could list a lot of things
Like those considering the National Trust becoming a far-right white supremacist organisation to re-educate the proletariat.
I sympathise with your weariness Mr Cheese.
Time for a lie down.

Like those considering the National Trust becoming a far-right white supremacist organisation to re-educate the proletariat.
Time for a lie down.
No one has suggested the NT is a far right organisation

Time for a lie down.
Great transition to the NT ! Congratulations :D

That's why it's essential those rights are taken away, can't let the proles have any of them. Meanwhile let's steal a few more billion from the stupid taxpayer. Tories, making the illegal legal since....

Priti Patel is also planning to further erode the rights of asylum seekers and is proposing offshore detention centres. Where is her evidence that the asylum system is "broken"? How will criminalising asylum seekers put an end to the evil activities of people traffickers and smugglers?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...osals-for-offshore-centres-for-asylum-seekers
She’s ploughing on with her Devil’s Island approach to refugee and migrant control, no doubt aping her party’s Australian friends because it’s a Tory vote winner. She’ll be calling for a shoot to sink policy for Li-lo’s and French fishing boats in the Channel.

AKA Thanet. :p
I’m more worried she’ll use her powers to nominate one of the hundreds of Scottish islands. St.Kilda would be suitably punishing to anyone from a more equatorial climate and they could conveniently fall off cliffs while allowed out for G4S supervised exercise.

Last edited:
One can only assume she's just heard that a Royal Navy gunboat sunk a dinghy...

E5uZyMpXoAUO1U6

advertisement

Back