advertisement

Welcome to the fascist state

Bloody hell. Over 40 police at my count. Raiding a studio because there was a sculpture on the roof (as part of an exhibition) which has associations with Extinction Rebellion. This really is scary, police state stuff.
Yes, and look a bit further down the Twitter thread to see what happened to the owner who turned up to see what was going on. Later charger with dangerous driving and assault!

Charged with assault, wtf, police have become the paramilitary wing of the Tory party.
Having said that Blair, Blunt, took liberties with our rights. Still think it’s extraordinary they got away with changing the caution.it used to be they had to prove your guilt, now you have to prove your innocence.

Yes, and look a bit further down the Twitter thread to see what happened to the owner who turned up to see what was going on. Later charger with dangerous driving and assault!

Don’t forget a magistrate will have authorised the warrant.

Bloody hell. Over 40 police at my count. Raiding a studio because there was a sculpture on the roof (as part of an exhibition) which has associations with Extinction Rebellion. This really is scary, police state stuff.

It’s all slowly boiling a frog. We are the frog. A gradual shift into authoritarianism. A gradual shift into dictatorship.

Q: How many police officers does it take to change a lightbulb check out a sculpture?

A: Lots. And I mean lots.

https://twitter.com/Damien_Meade/status/1411643988902354945

Yeah well raid a studio holding a sculpture or a crack house or a terrorist den, what would you rather do?. You get paid either way and if you take out the sculpture you get promoted, what’s not to like?

I had relatives in the police, who I respected, and this is the kind of stuff that would make them seethe along with “the police are never wrong” it just made their lives and job more difficult.

They're all in it, man. :p
The magistrate was shown a pic of the offending sculpture and said “it’s a dirty minded disgrace*, they’ll be leaving an unmade bed out on the roof and callin it art next- arrest the lot of them!”.

*with acknowledgment to Cllr. Moira Knox (Con), Edinburgh City Council, 1987

Join the dots. Info gets given to magistrate, who authorised the warrant… etc etc..

It would appear so.
Maybe I’ve misinterpreted something. On the video it appear that the owner rides up on a motorbike, is stopped by police in his gateway, is hauled off the bike, and, according to the Twitter feed, later charged. Apologies if I’ve gotten that wrong.

Edit. Just taken another look, and video not there anymore!?!

Maybe I’ve misinterpreted something. On the video it appear that the owner rides up on a motorbike, is stopped by police in his gateway, is hauled off the bike, and, according to the Twitter feed, later charged. Apologies if I’ve gotten that wrong.

Edit. Just taken another look, and video not there anymore!?!
He's probably going to need it in his defence.

advertisement

Back