advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

TBF .. hard to argue with the good Lady ambassador when she says "The BBC as a whole has shown time and time again, particularly over the last seven months, that there is an issue of impartiality in its coverage of Israel" :)

Notice it's not a complaint to the BBC it's just wiping the @rses of the Tory readers. She doesn't even say that she has complained, which she would have done if the allegations had any foundation. What she hopes is for the Tory management at the BBC will step in to the whistle call...
Criticism of Israel is becoming antisemitic.

Letter in the Times. The righteousness. Stifling debate, or attempting to.

I knew this was going to happen!

I don't watch much British TV but I happened to catch something on BBC3 a few days ago about innocent Palestinian children being shot by Israeli police and soldiers. It seemed like good journalism to me.

I also heard a similarly impressive and seemingly fair report on French radio recently, examining the claim that the pro Palestinian anti Israel demonstrations are anti-Jewish.

One of Israel's top priorities must be to retain their control of Western media.

UN experts :’Over 390 bodies have been discovered at Nasser and Al Shifa hospitals, including of women and children, with many reportedly showing signs of torture and summary executions, and potential instances of people buried alive,’” Alex Crawford, Sky News.

That's the report that they want to bury alright. It seems to be what the ICC team has been investigating...

Hamas calling Israel's bluff...

Palestinians hope Hamas announcement a ‘positive’ step towards end of bloodshed

Reporting from Rafah, southern Gaza
The Hamas movement has announced they have agreed on the ceasefire proposal put forth by mediators.
Palestinians around the Kuwaiti Hospital here [in Rafah] have been celebrating the announcement as positive step, hoping that this step can help prevent a potential military incursion into Rafah.
You can see children, young men and the elderly celebrating. There’s a great sense of optimism here … they are happily chanting away.
They are chanting for the peace. They are chanting about returning home.
Residents are now waiting for further confirmation from the Israeli side about a ceasefire deal.

Israeli official indicates rejection of ceasefire proposal: Report

An unnamed Israeli official quoted by the Reuters news agency says Hamas has approved a “softened” Egyptian proposal that is not acceptable to Israel.
The official added that the proposal included “far-reaching” conclusions that Israel will not support.
Israeli media outlets are also reporting that the Israeli government has not accepted the deal.
We remind our readers that we do not yet have the specifics of the deal that Hamas has agreed to.

That's the report that they want to bury alright. It seems to be what the ICC team has been investigating...
There will be more: 10,000 people are 'missing'. The vast majority will have been murdered by IDF 'soldiers' in cold blood.

Criticism of Israel is becoming antisemitic.
Exactly; extremely concerning that the “definition” of anti-semitism being officially adopted takes this slant.

Could I also suggest, because words matter, more moderation in the use of the phrase “Zionists” in criticising - I would describe myself as a “Zionist” in that I am supportive of there existing a Jewish homeland. Whether it was put in the right place is another question, that I won’t comment on.

It is the current Israeli government fascist lunatic racist policy and actions we are all condemning (and, I guess, the resulting enablement of the Reform Party equivalent segment of the global Jewish population). Governments come and go. Unfortunately the last decent Israeli one went as the result of an assassination.

Gaza aid halted as Israeli tanks take control of Rafah border crossing

Reuters reports that aid flow to Gaza has halted through the Rafah border crossing with Egypt following Israeli forces taking control of the Palestinian side of the frontier.
Three sources in humanitarian relief told the news agency that shipments of crucial supplies had halted.
Senior UN officials have repeatedly warned of a humanitarian catastrophe in Rafah should Israel launch a ground invasion of what was until recently a last refuge from Israeli attacks.

Tuesday 7 May: emergency demonstration

Hands off Rafah, stop the genocide. Assemble 6pm, opposite Downing Street, London. Details here

Saturday 11 May: local and regional demonstrations
  • NW England regional march Assemble 12 noon Metropolitan Cathedral, Liverpool, L3 5TQ to march to St George’s Hall for a rally
  • SW England regional Nakba Day march Assemble 12 noon, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5UY
Saturday 18 May: national demonstration
  • Assemble 12 noon, BBC Portland Place for march to Whitehall, London. Details at tinyurl.com/Nakba1805

advertisement

Back