advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

I'm not defending Biden, it's clear where his allegiance lies, but he had little choice.

Pro Israel opinions seem to control the narrative at all levels, he's already come in for plenty of criticism for lacking zeal in defending Israel, being weak on Iran etc.

The press and the goons in police uniform all fall into line.

There's plenty of talk too about how demonstrating for Palestine could jeopardize these students future employment prospects, 4k video surveillance , they only need to see your eyes apparently.
Many big corporations will have their identities on file, freedom of speech is enchrined but if you speak against power they'll take you down.
Democracy eh?

Republican strategist interviewed on C4 News said what’s concerning Americans is the violence on campuses and the ‘multiple insurrections’ taking place across America.

Strange way of defining peaceful demonstrations ( the violence was coming from the police). Sounds like he’s getting worked up to live firing

Land of the Free, after all.

I lived there 4 years, in very different times (Obama was first elected when I was there). But even then, I realised most Americans live in a propaganda dreamland and have so little understanding of the rest of the world that they don’t realise it’s a police state.

Republican strategist interviewed on C4 News said what’s concerning Americans is the violence on campuses and the ‘multiple insurrections’ taking place across America.

Strange way of defining peaceful demonstrations ( the violence was coming from the police). Sounds like he’s getting worked up to live firing

Not watched C4 news yet, Was it Frank Luntz?, he’s their preferred goto talking head as he is often brutally honest to the point that I’ve often wondered if he is a genuine republican

It does indeed look a lot like Moscow.

For my sins I check in on Fox news now and again, it shows where a significant proportion of US opinion is grounded, the commentators and guests spew their bullshit opinions with convincing conviction.

The UK is thankfully not quite there in media terms, but would just as happily set the police on any dissent.
Expect Starmer will roll his sleeves up too for this issue.

For my sins I check in on Fox news now and again, it shows where a significant proportion of US opinion is grounded, the commentators and guests spew their bullshit opinions with convincing conviction.

The UK is thankfully not quite there in media terms, but would just as happily set the police on any dissent.
I don't dare watch Fox 'News' as I would likely throw a brick at our TV.

Starmer himself might (both on his authoritarian tendencies and his pretty clear personal bias on this particular issue) but suspect he’d face a front bench revolt.

I’m fairly agnostic between the parties to be clear, the above is just my observation not based on any political affiliation or preference.

Not watched C4 news yet, Was it Frank Luntz?, he’s their preferred goto talking head as he is often brutally honest to the point that I’ve often wondered if he is a genuine republican
Didn’t catch his name bur he was on a lot during Trump’s 2016 election campaign. He has a really bad dark rug and a beard.
edit- yes it’s him!

I don't dare watch Fox 'News' as I would likely throw a brick at our TV.
I don't really watch TV at all and i don't have the fox app, but visit the website and you can read enough to get a sense of how extreme the Republican manifesto is on this issue.
If it represents mainstream America then it certainly looks like a vile place.

I don't really watch TV at all and i don't have the fox app, but visit the website and you can read enough to get a sense of how extreme the Republican manifesto is on this issue.
If it represents mainstream America then it certainly looks like a vile place.
If sewage is dumped into the mainstream of a river, I would argue that it is the sewage that is vile.

I'm not critiquing US people but it's media, right wing politics, police etc.

On the point of Palestine, boycott or BDS has been legislated against and now non violent direct action protests have been subverted with violence to condemn them and shut them down.

Police arrests at US antiwar campus protests near 2,200: Report

The Associated Press (AP) news agency reports that police have arrested almost 2,200 people during pro-Palestinian protests at college campuses across the United States in recent weeks.
The AP calculated the arrest figure based on reporting and statements from universities and law enforcement agencies.
There have been at least 56 incidents of arrest at 43 different US colleges or universities since April 18, the news agency said.

Students say Biden criticism of antiwar protests ‘disappointing’, ‘no surprise’

Reporting from Rutgers University, New Jersey, United States

Most of the students we have spoken to say they are disappointed with Biden’s [Genocide Joe's] comments.
But they also say that they do not come as a surprise.

US police officer fired gun during operation at Columbia University’s Hamilton Hall

A New York police officer fired his gun while inside Columbia University’s Hamilton Hall during an operation to clear antiwar protesters, a spokesperson for district attorney Alvin Bragg’s office has confirmed.
The spokesperson, Doug Cohen, said no one was injured and that other police officers but not students were in the immediate vicinity at the time.
A review of the incident is being conducted, The Associated Press news agency reports, while the New York Police Department did not immediately comment on the incident.
More than 100 protesters were taken into custody when police stormed the university’s Hamilton Hall on Tuesday, which had been occupied for more than 20 hours by pro-Palestine protesters who renamed the building Hind’s Hall in memory of the six-year-old Palestinian girl, Hind Rajab, who was slain by Israeli forces in Gaza in January along with six family members.

ooh no more Beko fridges for Israel !!!

Turkey has suspended all trade with Israel over its offensive in Gaza, citing the "worsening humanitarian tragedy" in the strip.
The Turkish trade ministry said the measures would be in place until Israel allowed an "uninterrupted and sufficient flow" of aid into Gaza.
Trade between the two countries was worth almost $7bn (£5.6bn) last year.
Israel's foreign minister accused Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of acting like a "dictator".

Police move in to clear out NYU encampment: Report

New York police have swept into a pro-Palestine encampment at the city’s New York University (NYU) and started to clear out protesters, following a request for police intervention from the university.
NBC News, citing aerial pictures of the police operation, said there were “no apparent signs of resistance”.
Police made dozens of arrests at NYU and the nearby New School, adding to more than 2,000 arrests of students engaged in pro-Palestine demonstrations nationwide.

There seems to be a growing body of evidence that the state of Israel has influenced foreign and domestic policy in key western states, either by political or financial means, and is now deeply embedded in the fabric of those states' administrations. So, the likes of Biden have little choice but to voice support for Israel, and provide support by way of arms shipments, etc (see also, leaders in the UK) because they are, at least to a degree, worked from behind by people operating on behalf of the state of Israel. Hence why we see grotesque support for 'Israel's right to defend itself' when there's nobody challenging that right, but merely challenging Israel's right to commit genocide in pursuance of those aims.

And the repression of campus (and other) protests all seems to align to similar misgivings, that academia is similarly beholden to interests aligned with the state of Israel.

Money, as we know, talks. And Israel is the source of a lot of the most sophisticated electronic surveillance software used by states.

What worries me, quite aside from the actual, you know, genocide which is being carried out in plain sight, is that this belief aligns fairly well with my understanding of the position Hitler took against the Jews - they had their hooks into everything and altogether too much control and influence, and needed stopping. That aside from any 'Aryan supremacy' and racial purity arguments which, IIUC, came along later. It's all getting very dark. So many things are coming to a head at once.

There seems to be a growing body of evidence that the state of Israel has influenced foreign and domestic policy in key western states, either by political or financial means, and is now deeply embedded in the fabric of those states' administrations. So, the likes of Biden have little choice but to voice support for Israel, and provide support by way of arms shipments, etc (see also, leaders in the UK) because they are, at least to a degree, worked from behind by people operating on behalf of the state of Israel. Hence why we see grotesque support for 'Israel's right to defend itself' when there's nobody challenging that right, but merely challenging Israel's right to commit genocide in pursuance of those aims.

And the repression of campus (and other) protests all seems to align to similar misgivings, that academia is similarly beholden to interests aligned with the state of Israel.

Money, as we know, talks. And Israel is the source of a lot of the most sophisticated electronic surveillance software used by states.

What worries me, quite aside from the actual, you know, genocide which is being carried out in plain sight, is that this belief aligns fairly well with my understanding of the position Hitler took against the Jews - they had their hooks into everything and altogether too much control and influence, and needed stopping. That aside from any 'Aryan supremacy' and racial purity arguments which, IIUC, came along later. It's all getting very dark. So many things are coming to a head at once.

I agree with you, and I appreciate that you have the courage to express it and the tact to put it so delicately.

Even now Genocide Joe could be placing legal limitations on how US weapons are used on the ground. It's entirely his choice not to do so - his top General is there overseeing day to day operations too...

advertisement

Back