advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

It is just what they do. It is just what we do. Everything I may once have respected about the UK has evaporated. I can’t even blame it on the vile corrupt gangster oligarch Tory Party as Labour are just as bad. There are still many decent people. They are the ones on the streets protesting or attempting to shine a spotlight on the shit that has infested our political and media establishment in any way they can. It is just too little and too late. We are powerless and without representation. In any sane reality this establishment would be on fire right now for aiding a racist genocide.

What has happened has gone so far, has been so egregious, so unrestrained that it will be decades before we can come back from it.
I knew when I heard the news of the Hamas atrocity on the 7th that the far right Israeli government would release the four horsemen of the apocalypse into Gaza.
Their mindset can’t conceive of any other response, and most Israelis support them.
What I didn’t anticipate was the weak, hypocritical response of the west. Nothing has shocked me more than seeing that, when push comes to shove, self interest will trump any moral code.
They think the IDF are destroying Hamas and perhaps they are, but they are watering ‘A Poison Tree’ and I’m not looking forward to the fruits.

The American Gov't probably supported Israel so strongly to gain votes to get the money for Ukraine through Congress. Part of the money goes to Israel but most to Ukraine. Not that the US establishment doesn't instinctively support Israel. I don't really understand what Hamas expected to gain from attacking an extremely right wing Israel - they were probably goaded into it by Iran/Russia to distract the West.

It's all Hammas' fault.

Imagine... a world without Hammas:

It’s worth quoting the text from that article and counting the number of children the IDF murdered while they slept:

“Israeli strikes on the southern Gaza city of Rafah overnight killed 13 people, including nine children, health officials have said.

The first strike killed a man, his wife and their three-year-old child, according to the nearby Kuwaiti hospital, which received the bodies.

The woman was pregnant and the doctors managed to save the baby, the Associated Press has cited the hospital as saying.

The second strike killed eight children and two women, all from the same family, according to hospital records.

An airstrike in Rafah the night before reportedly killed nine people, including six children.”

24 children! It will take many years, but I hope Netanyahu and his death squad are eventually held to account.

don't really understand what Hamas expected to gain from attacking an extremely right wing Israel - they were probably goaded into it by Iran/Russia to distract the West.

Israeli attacks in the West Bank were and are revealing of Israel’s intent and quite goading.

The American Gov't probably supported Israel so strongly to gain votes to get the money for Ukraine through Congress. Part of the money goes to Israel but most to Ukraine. Not that the US establishment doesn't instinctively support Israel. I don't really understand what Hamas expected to gain from attacking an extremely right wing Israel - they were probably goaded into it by Iran/Russia to distract the West.

'What Hamas expected to gain' ?
I don't think any of us can imagine the depths of despair and humiliation inflicted by 75 years of zionist oppression. When you have nothing left to lose except life itself.

24 children! It will take many years, but I hope Netanyahu and his death squad are eventually held to account.

It is just relentless. Every day we are flooded with images of dead women and children murdered by IDF state terrorists in Gaza. These IDF murderers are never held to wider account, so they just do it all again the next day. Day after day. Week after week. Month after month. They are erasing Gaza by ensuring no one will be alive to grow old there. Those they have not murdered by violence they slowly starve to death with a deliberate strategic famine and denial of basic amenities and healthcare. Meanwhile our politicians of both “sides” just nod approvingly and cash their cheques. They have normalised the incomprehensible.

I don't really understand what Hamas expected to gain from attacking an extremely right wing Israel.
I think that is easy. I guess they knew it would lead to a ground assault on Gaza with thousands of civilian dead and expected, as I did that this would lead to a wider Arab Israeli war. We don't know that it hasn't but it looks that way.

I think that is easy. I guess they knew it would lead to a ground assault on Gaza with thousands of civilian dead and expected, as I did that this would lead to a wider Arab Israeli war. We don't know that it hasn't but it looks that way.
Now Syria wants to achieve the same as Hamas, a knee jerk reaction from Israel which would alienate Western support of Israel.

Why did the Zionist cross the road? Of course Jews have the right to walk wherever they want to, while displaying outward markers of their religion if they so wish. But Gideon Falter is a prominent Zionist activist. He deliberately attended Saturday’s demonstration in London flanked by bodyguard thugs, wearing his kippah and demanding to cross the road in the midst of the demonstration.

This would be the equivalent of a Rangers supporter draped in a Union Flag demanding to cross a road down which a Republican parade was passing. He knew exactly what he was doing and now gets to play the martyr.

Why did the Zionist cross the road?

The videos and pictures of his entourage and their actions have been on twitter since Saturday yet we had the mild 'n meek media in an uproar over his right to cross the road on repeat for the previous 36hrs, only now do they see fit to show the actual truth of his professionally confrontational gobshite actions

Why did the Zionist cross the road? Of course Jews have the right to walk wherever they want to, while displaying outward markers of their religion if they so wish. But Gideon Falter is a prominent Zionist activist. He deliberately attended Saturday’s demonstration in London flanked by bodyguard thugs, wearing his kippah and demanding to cross the road in the midst of the demonstration.

This would be the equivalent of a Rangers supporter draped in a Union Flag demanding to cross a road down which a Republican parade was passing. He knew exactly what he was doing and now gets to play the martyr.

I don’t know, in your analogy I’d expect the Rangers fan to get a dig, not here though, despite the childish attempt to invite one. The altercation seems to be with the police alone, who seem to have been guided largely by their prejudices regarding the demonstrators. First hand account here:

What’s interesting is that mainstream commentators aren’t having any of it and are dismissing Falter’s accusations of antisemitism out of hand. Seems it’s fine to point out that accusations of antisemitism are being cynically weaponised for political purposes, if it’s the Met and the London mayor in the firing line.

The narrative they want to prevail is around Jews being intimidated by the London protests, that is why this a story at all, contrived as it was.

advertisement

Back