advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

The BBC is too busy salivating about the ludicrous small boats government “win”. Imagine if 300 bodies had been dug up in Ukraine? It would be pasted across all the papers.
Yes. The selective reporting should be alarming to more people.

Most people are completely unaware that the daily news is filtered in these kinds of ways - you have to seek out the rest pretty pro-actively and it's a tiring pursuit.
Absolutely agree. Just that the more people that are alarmed, the louder the noise?

The media were an utter disgrace on the handling of the Falter non story.
Yesterdays Politics Live- featuring Spiked’s Ella Whelan- concentrated solely on the outrage that a Jewish man was prevented from crossing a road. Needless to say, Labour’s Jenny Chapman was happy to play along.

Most people are completely unaware that the daily news is filtered in these kinds of ways - you have to seek out the rest pretty pro-actively and it's a tiring pursuit.
The role and conduct of the BBC over the last six months has been a real eye opener, even to me. I don’t blame the journalists. They’re simply forced- with one or two high profile exceptions- to toe the editorial line.

I cribbed this from Twitter.

Number of journalists killed in conflicts.

Vietnam War: 63 journalists in 20 years
World War II: 67 journalists in 7 years
Gaza: 140 journalists in 6 months

The role and conduct of the BBC over the last six months has been a real eye opener, even to me. I don’t blame the journalists. They’re simply forced- with one or two high profile exceptions- to toe the editorial line.

I cribbed this from Twitter.

Number of journalists killed in conflicts.

Vietnam War: 63 journalists in 20 years
World War II: 67 journalists in 7 years
Gaza: 140 journalists in 6 months
Standby for Regev response- “those weren’t journalists, they were Hamas operatives. We have evidence and will reveal all at a later date”.

The protests made the news at ten on R4 so the lobby groups are beginning to panic over the narrative taking hold against the occupation and slaughter of the Gazan population, expect the “antisemitism“ slur to be thrown at anyone expressing dissent at the Israeli government and its actions

Never, ever give these bastards the benefit of the doubt. They are vile, murderous scum; as is anyone who attempts to defend or mitigate what is happening.

Egyptian authorities [becoming more confident perhaps] have arrested activists at a protest held in solidarity with Palestinians in war-torn Gaza.

Lawyer Khaled Ali said at least 18 activists, mostly women, were detained when police broke up the protest outside the regional office of the UN Women agency in Cairo’s Maadi district on Tuesday. There was no comment from the government.

Protesters called for the protection of women in Gaza. Although Egypt’s government has condemned Israel’s campaign in Gaza, it has largely banned public demonstrations against the war. Criticism of the country’s ties with Israel, with which it signed a peace accord in 1979, is highly sensitive.

advertisement

Back