advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

I would think that all PFM posters on this thread are concerned about the civilian deaths and suffering in Gaza, unless clear evidence to the contrary is presented of course.
Some pay lip service to it then add a 'but Israel has a right to defend itself, human shields, Hamas is responsible, the IDF don't target civilians' etc etc as they watch the pile of dead women and children get higher and higher.

Last edited:

Video said to show white phosphorus bombing of southern Lebanon

Our colleagues at Al Jazeera Arabic have shared video footage which appears to show a white phosphorus bomb being used in an attack on southern Lebanon.
Israel’s air force said late on Wednesday that its warplanes had hit Hezbollah infrastructure sites north of Baalbek in eastern Lebanon and its forces had also removed “a threat” in the Kawkaba area of southern Lebanon.
Human Rights Watch (HRW) accused Israeli forces in October of using white phosphorus munitions in Lebanon and Gaza. HRW confirmed Israel’s use of white phosphorus munitions at two locations along the Israel-Lebanon border and over the Gaza City port.
White phosphorus is a wax-like, toxic substance that burns at more than 800 degrees Celsius (nearly 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit). It is hot enough to melt metal, burn skin down to the bone, and its chemical ingredients can be absorbed by the body, causing dysfunction in multiple organs, including the liver, kidneys and heart.
قصف بالقنابل الفسفورية على بلدة الخيام جنوبي لبنان#حرب_غزة #فيديو pic.twitter.com/CTj6xiBJRS
— الجزيرة فلسطين (@AJA_Palestine) April 17, 2024

Translation: Bombardment with phosphorus bombs on the town of Khiam, southern Lebanon.

Activist group say 28 Google employees fired after pro-Palestine protest

The activist group No Tech for Apartheid says that 28 Google employees have been fired in what it calls an “indiscriminate act of mass retaliation”.
Google employees yesterday held sit-ins at the tech giant’s New York and Sunnyvale, California, offices to protest against the $1.2bn artificial intelligence and surveillance contract between Israel, Google and Amazon known as Project Nimbus.
A Google spokesperson issued a statement earlier on Wednesday saying an unspecified number of employees were being laid off after “a number of our teams made changes to become more efficient and work better” and “remove layers”.

INTERACTIVE-Administrative-detainees-in-Israeli-prisons-April-2024-1713336036.png

Some of them may only be mildly concerned maybe - they may see it as an unfortunate consequence of a necessary and legal and moral battle being waged by Israel. I think I have asked @PaulMB this question before - if I did, I didn't see his answer. At what point will you say that so many innocent people have died at the hands of the IDF that the actions of Israel are immoral?
A poster not posting something that another poster wants him to post is hardly a high bar though.

I heard Nick The Twat Robinson on R4 this morning saying that we should support Israel against Iran for the same reasons that we support Ukraine against Russia. Forgetting of course that Israel is more like Russia in that it is the occupying and invading force and the aggressor.

By R4 logic we should be pouring military aid into Gaza.

Some pay lip service to it then add a 'but Israel has aright to defend itself, human shields, Hamas is responsible, the IDF don't target civilians' etc etc as they watch the pile of dead women and children get higher and higher.

It's easy to over interpret posts though. Post 8519 is a good example. There's a narrative on the left that says, if you're silent, you're complicit (or something like that), but it's very hard within the context of a Hi-Fi forum thread on the ME to establish whether that is true or not. I realise the conflict is a very emotional topic for some though.

I heard Nick The Twat Robinson on R4 this morning saying that we should support Israel against Iran for the same reasons that we support Ukraine against Russia. Forgetting of course that Israel is more like Russia in that it is the occupying and invading force and the aggressor.

Worth noting that Nick Robinson is an ex-Oxbridge Conservative activist from exactly the time period ‘Hang Nelson Mandela’ t-shirts were all the rage in that demographic. Whether he was directly involved I have no idea, but he can’t have been too far away from it and racist apartheid is second-nature to these elitist arseholes. He took the notorious PPE degree that has curled-out so many truly vile people into our politics.

Worth noting that Nick Robinson is an ex-Oxbridge Conservative activist from exactly the time period ‘Hang Nelson Mandela’ t-shirts were all the rage in that demographic. Whether he was directly involved I have no idea, but he can’t have been too far away from it and racist apartheid is second-nature to these elitist arseholes. He took the notorious PPE degree that has curled-out so many truly vile people into our politics.
and their notorious conferences - they even managed to embarrass Thatcher...

Robinson was Chair and was hated by the far right for banning 100 of them from attending the annual meeting in 1988.

CCO-506-16-44-robinson-poster.jpg
CCO-506-20-11-robinson-and-fuller.jpg

You could always tell them by their lack of style! It was mainly a southern thing not many in Manchester willing to be seen in public at the time...

Remember the Panorama programme, ‘Maggie’s Militant Tendency’ ?

They don't but do claim that 50% of them were Hamas fighters ie all the males. Many of the fighters were just a few months old.

Part of the problem imo is that even if i were in a Palestinian hospital under attack i'd pick up the nearest weapon to delay the inevitable.

My OH would do the same, every attack creates a cascade of Hamas recruits.

advertisement

Back