advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

Racist? FFS.

That you justify the corruption and subterfuge of the US and UK in overthrowing a democracy to install a known murderer by blaming that overthrow on those overthrown, is revealing. It’s the same victim blaming being used to justify state murder in Gaza. To say that the overthrown in a small country are responsible for being overthrown by two of the most powerful counties on the globe at the time, is precisely the kind of madness that justifies dictatorships, apartheid and genocides since the beginning of time.

To say that somehow an unelected murder who used arbitrary arrest and torture to suppress opposition somehow represented most Iranians is simply not true, as born out by your own words a sentence later, let alone history.

I know you yourself support genocide and ethnic cleaning in Gaza, but don’t play the racism card on me please. It just looks like a cheap dead cat tactic.
I think sometimes you purposely misconstrue. Here is what I wrote:

"The Anglo-American coup was in 1953, 71 years ago. Iran has been an "Islamic Republic" for 45 years. Your narrative, in which "the West" is responsible for everything suggests that Iranians are incapable of managing themselves. Which I think is untrue and, in a sense, racist. The Shah was solidly supported by an Iranian middle class, the 1978-79 revolution was brought about by the Iranian masses, and after a brief, secular, Kerensky-like interval was taken over by the religious extremists."

Now where do I "justify the corruption and subterfuge of the US and UK....."?
What has "victim blaming" to do with anything?

I never said that "an unelected murder (sic)...represented most Iranians." Did you actually read what I wrote?

Why on earth do you say that I "support genocide and ethnic cleaning (sic) in Gaza"? To attack me since you fail to make valid points, perhaps?

I think sometimes you purposely misconstrue. Here is what I wrote:

"The Anglo-American coup was in 1953, 71 years ago. Iran has been an "Islamic Republic" for 45 years. Your narrative, in which "the West" is responsible for everything suggests that Iranians are incapable of managing themselves. Which I think is untrue and, in a sense, racist. The Shah was solidly supported by an Iranian middle class, the 1978-79 revolution was brought about by the Iranian masses, and after a brief, secular, Kerensky-like interval was taken over by the religious extremists."

Now where do I "justify the corruption and subterfuge of the US and UK....."?
What has "victim blaming" to do with anything?

I never said that "an unelected murder (sic)...represented most Iranians." Did you actually read what I wrote?

Why on earth do you say that I "support genocide and ethnic cleaning (sic) in Gaza"? To attack me since you fail to make valid points, perhaps?
Yes, I did read what you wrote, you have even re quoted it. You have said the US/UK overthrow of democracy was “untrue” and “in a sense, racist” and you also said the Shan, a man who used arbitrary arrest, torture and murder to suppress opposition, was supported by the Iranian middle class.

Yes, I did read what you wrote, you have even re quoted it. You have said the US/UK overthrow of democracy was “untrue” and “in a sense, racist” and you also said the Shan, a man who used arbitrary arrest, torture and murder to suppress opposition, was supported by the Iranian middle class.
I said that the Anglo-American coup was in 1953, not that it was "untrue." I said that to blame everything on "the West" implies that the Iranians themselves, an ancient and highly cultured people, are unable to manage their own affairs, and that this could be taken "in a sense as racist." I said that under the Shah there was "a middle class," not the entire Iranian middle class, that supported his regime.

I said that the Anglo-American coup was in 1953, not that it was "untrue." I said that to blame everything on "the West" implies that the Iranians themselves, an ancient and highly cultured people, are unable to manage their own affairs, and that this could be taken "in a sense as racist." I said that under the Shah there was "a middle class," not the entire Iranian middle class, that supported his regime.
I didn’t say the West is to blame for “everything“. I said it, and the UK, was responsible for the coup. You said the Shah was supported by *the* middle class, not “there was a middle class”.

I didn’t say the West is to blame for “everything“. I said it, and the UK, was responsible for the coup. You said the Shah was supported by *the* middle class, not “there was a middle class”.
My exact words: "The Shah was solidly supported by an Iranian middle class,"

But lets drop it shall we? It risks becoming tedious for us and for anybody bothering to read it.

A happy new year to you, Paul.

Palestinians return to north Gaza after Israeli soldiers withdraw

Thousands of Palestinians are returning to the north of Gaza after some Israeli forces withdrew from the area.
“The people here sit and sleep on top of the debris where the smell of blood and death is everywhere,” said one woman after returning.
“A lot of massacres have been committed here. The resilience of the people here will always be stronger than the occupation army.”

Despite a lack of food and clean water, another woman said she would “never abandon north Gaza”.
“I will never leave my land and house and family despite the suffering,” she added.

In unprecedented slaughter of Gaza civilians, US claims Israel is the “victim”

As the death toll in Gaza tops 20,000, Israeli-US lies about Al-Shifa hospital are newly exposed.

Aaron Maté has no hesitation in holding Biden and his administration to account for support for a war on Palestinian civilians that “goes beyond any act of US barbarism in recent memory. Complicit in mass murder, [they] are also engaging in unprecedented levels of deceit, from lying about civilian hospitals to pretending that the perpetrator of a genocide is in fact the victim.”

And where is Keir Starmer in all this?

Biden administration ? What do holders of these senior positions have in common ?
1. Chief of Staff
2. Secretaries of State, Treasury and Homeland Security
3. Attorney General
4. CIA Dep Director
5. Director of National Intelligence
6. Ambassadors to EU, Germany, India, Israel, Japan, Canada, Denmark, Belgium, Singapore, Argentina,
7. National Security Council
8. Dep National Security Advisor Cybersecurity
and others

Excellent article from historian Adam Tooze, placing the current conflict in the context of European history:

“ Zionism has to be understood as a product of its era i.e. as a settler-colonial project, typical of European global thinking in the late 19th and early 20th century. What is distinctive about it, is that the Israelis are the last group of (mainly) Europeans to engage in the wholesale arrogation of non-European land, justified in their mission by theology, claims to civilizational superiority and nationalism. Of course, land grabs go on, all over the world, all the time. But, in the present day, the Israeli project is uniquely coherent and uniquely unapologetic as an instance of “classic” settler-colonial ideology.”

“ Zionism has to be understood as a product of its era i.e. as a settler-colonial project, typical of European global thinking in the late 19th and early 20th century. What is distinctive about it, is that the Israelis are the last group of (mainly) Europeans to engage in the wholesale arrogation of non-European land, justified in their mission by theology, claims to civilizational superiority and nationalism. Of course, land grabs go on, all over the world, all the time. But, in the present day, the Israeli project is uniquely coherent and uniquely unapologetic as an instance of “classic” settler-colonial ideology.”
Also unique is the funding by another state. I'd argue therefore that it's an expansion of US imperialism under the guise of an older idelogy

Also unique is the funding by another state. I'd argue therefore that it's an expansion of US imperialism under the guise of an older idelogy
I‘d argue that US expansionism is done under the guise of a new (economic) ideology, but one which fits in with a wider and older historic imperative. That’s not to say that the funding of state terrorism is anything other than wholly immoral

I think the strength of Tooze’s argument is summed up by identifying “the more or less coercive population movements in the 1940s - the historical context within which the state of Israel (and modern Pakistan, India, Germany, Poland, Czechia to name just the most prominent cases) was formed”, the sheer scale of which was and is “staggering”.

Israeli media reported that former British PM Tony Blair is leading an Israeli initiative seeking to relocate Palestinians from Gaza to other countries as part of an ethnic cleansing plan.

Quds News Network not pulling any punches.
QNN is reported to have close links with Hamas and Islamic Jihad. I fully realise this is an allegation made of almost any Palestinian organisation but there's also a ring of propaganda to this headline. I'll wait for it to be widely reported elsewhere before drawing any firm conclusions.

QNN is reported to have close links with Hamas and Islamic Jihad. I fully realise this is an allegation made of almost any Palestinian organisation but there's also a ring of propaganda to this headline. I'll wait for it to be widely reported elsewhere before drawing any firm conclusions.

Doesn’t surprise me at all. I just felt, as no fan of Blair/Labour, the headline was worth quoting!

FWIW I’m finding it very hard to find a line through this as it is abundantly clear Israel, the UK and US are on the side of racist apartheid, genocide and ultimately the ethnic cleansing of Palestine. That obviously doesn’t make the opposing side morally correct, but there is little doubt who the long-term aggressor is here. I know I am against that, and as such I stand firmly against the politics of my own country. That said I far prefer to stick to promoting humanitarian entities such as Amnesty International, MSF, Red Cross, UNICEF etc etc. They all make my point far better than I am able. I won’t cite QNN again myself.

Let's face it, Hamas isn't going to allow a pro-israeli network to operate under its authority just like the BBC doesn't employ anyone to the left of Mother Teresa
Sure. ALL media has bias. It's (hopefully!) written by human beings after all. So when there's a story as provocative as "Tony Blair is working for Israel to clear Gaza of Palestinians" I think it's sensible to ask who is reporting that and why. Just the same as I might if there was a story in the Telegraph of Morning Star that raised an eyebrow. That's all.

Biden administration ? What do holders of these senior positions have in common ?
1. Chief of Staff
2. Secretaries of State, Treasury and Homeland Security
3. Attorney General
4. CIA Dep Director
5. Director of National Intelligence
6. Ambassadors to EU, Germany, India, Israel, Japan, Canada, Denmark, Belgium, Singapore, Argentina,
7. National Security Council
8. Dep National Security Advisor Cybersecurity
and others
errm, Americans?

I won’t cite QNN again myself.
I don't think they're necessarily a problematic news source as long as the context in which they operate is considered.

As I said, pretty much any Palestinian organisation ends up being labelled 'Hamas' and I'm sure it's an effective way to discredit people and shutdown Palestinian voices.

advertisement

Back