advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

Israel trying to build a "coalition" of states in response to Iran, as it usually does. Amazingly, there are still people who want to support Netanyahu after all that has happened.
They support Israel and what Israel represents in the area.
Nothing to do with the here today, gone tomorrow, politicians.

Well part of what Israel represents in the area is this: it is the state which has ruined the lives of generations of Palestinian people.

Israeli soldiers tortured and raped children? Sounds like cheap propaganda to me.
In my world injuring kids and having hospitals have to sever limbs without anesthetic amounts to torture. Since Israel has systematically killed reporters and denied access to Gaza then we cant say what really is happening. As for cheap propaganda, what about the made up lies about beheaded babies and babies in ovens...

Of course the Israeli state (being the only true democracy in the middle east) could grant equal rights to, and enfranchise the Palestinians.
What threat would Hezbollah or Iran represent then ?

Last edited:
If course the Israeli state (being the only true democracy in the middle east) could grant equal rights to, and enfranchise the Palestinians.
What threat would Hezbollah or Iran represent then ?
They tried that in Gaza and withdrew all troops.
Left to their own devices the Palestinians allowed Hamas to take control and develop a network of tunnels and bombs, with the aim of destroying Israel.
There’s one thing for sure.
Israel will not make the same mistake again.

They tried that in Gaza and withdrew all troops.
Left to their own devices the Palestinians allowed Hamas to take control and develop a network of tunnels and bombs, with the aim of destroying Israel.
There’s one thing for sure.
Israel will not make the same mistake again.
With a few pea shooters and fireworks? Methinks you're prone to a touch of hyperbole doctorf

Israel has just approved 'offensive' action in response.

"Over the last two hours, we approved operational plans for both offensive and defensive action."

We will have to wait and see just how offensive it is and whether Iran responds with greater force as promised.

If Israel's action is quite a lot or very offensive, it's a game of chicken with both parties no doubt inspired by their own versions of a righteous Armageddon.

For most people it represents the last outpost of genocidal European colonialism.

(Probably does for you too, but in a good way.)

For most people it represents the last outpost of genocidal European colonialism.

(Probably does for you too, but in a good way.)
You speak for yourself and the majority of fishies on this thread.
Thankfully, neither you nor most on here actually speak for the majority in the country.

Thankfully, neither you nor most on here actually speak for the majority in the country.
I suspect you are incorrect in your assumption, the majority of our politicians perhaps, but I doubt the populous.

No.

‘Israel's favourability in UK has fallen to its lowest level on record. 6 in 10 hold an unfavourable view.

✅ Favourable 20% (-5)
❌ Unfavourable 61% (+9)’

And this is despite both of the main political parties and most of the media doing their very best to provide cover for Israel.

Apartheid, dispossession, genocide - these are a tough sell! Unless you already have a particular kind of world view that allows you to brush them aside or even celebrate them.

It's possible we will see a major attack on Iran. Iran is Amalek and thus needs destroying before the Messiah comes. I would not be surprised if there are people in the Israeli cabinet that believe this nonsense. Ben Gvir et al. Perhaps Netanyahu himself.

This opinion piece was considered perfectly acceptable to published by the Jerusalem Post!

"In order to understand this correctly, we need to look at the reading of the Shabbat before reading about the Parah Adumah (Red Heifer), when we read about Amalek. In Bilaam's prophecy, he said (במדבר כד,כ): "Amalek is the first among nations [to declare war against the Jews], and in the end, [at the final war], he shall be destroyed," teaching that Israel's first war was with Amalek and also the last war before the arrival of the Mashiach. ... We all know that this last war is a religious war between the evil forces of Iran, who we explained are Amalek, and Israel. This religious war remarkably is over the Temple Mount as they try to do everything to delay the coming of the Mashiach. But this doesn't help them, as symbolized by the reading of the Haftarah of Hachodesh HaZeh, which comes right after Parashat Parah. This symbolizes the new month, the month of redemption that comes with the victory of the Jewish nation over their enemies, after the purification done by the red cow and the destruction of Amalek."

Meanwhile, a much-posted video on Twatter before the Iranian attack heralded the rising up of the Imam Mahdi's army, which is a Shia Islamic equivalent Messiah.

I like Owen Jones, he's a nice lad. I think his frustration with the impotence and powerlessness of words is getting to him. You use the hardest words you can, world leaders and the UN use the hardest words they can and nothing happens. We just shrug and wonder what else is on.
He's gone a bit sixth form, I very rarely see any strategy in conflict, much more fundamental stuff is playing out, stuff like the strong man, a belief in punishment, an eye for an eye, stuff like that.
I guess that in Isreal it feels like an existential crisis and we have the strong men in charge thrashing about with big sticks, they don't want a genocide it's just they don't care about Arab lives and they care less for them having rights and living on the land that God gave the Jews.
I think the original terrorist attack on the 7th was a bit strategic, Hamas knew Israel would mount a ground assault and hoped it might ignite a wider war but deeper it was an act of revenge. The Iranians have been quite strategic as well with their televised and choreographed, ineffectual 'strike' followed by a swift message that the matter was now closed.
A patriarchal and dumb male mess on both sides, and the people paying for it, women and children.

I like Owen Jones, he's a nice lad. I think his frustration with the impotence and powerlessness of words is getting to him. You use the hardest words you can, world leaders and the UN use the hardest words they can and nothing happens. We just shrug and wonder what else is on.
He's gone a bit sixth form, I very rarely see any strategy in conflict, much more fundamental stuff is playing out, stuff like the strong man, a belief in punishment, an eye for an eye, stuff like that.
I guess that in Isreal it feels like an existential crisis and we have the strong men in charge thrashing about with big sticks, they don't want a genocide it's just they don't care about Arab lives and they care less for them having rights and living on the land that God gave the Jews.
I think the original terrorist attack on the 7th was a bit strategic, Hamas knew Israel would mount a ground assault and hoped it might ignite a wider war but deeper it was an act of revenge. The Iranians have been quite strategic as well with their televised and choreographed, ineffectual 'strike' followed by a swift message that the matter was now closed.
A patriarchal and dumb male mess on both sides, and the people paying for it, women and children.
Maybe if he's "a bit sixth form" what we need more of is the clear eyed, bulshit-free,
vision of children.

Owen is surely one of the adults in the room.
Fox news website is full of ex US military and Republican politicians calling for war on Iran. They would love it to go the way of Libya, Syria, Iraq, failed chaotic yet ineffective in terms of geopolitics.

Israel extracted the price for Iran's theatrical strike days before it happened.

The IDF strike on the Damascus consulate was a gift for the taking, some very important people assassinated, careless that they were in the same building.
The US, UK and the usual coalition of the righteous will urge restraint, Israel knows we have their backs, most likely we'll intervene to bolster their defense, reduce the cost.
We're being taken (willingly for fools)

advertisement

Back