advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part VI

When I were a lad I'd run along t'beach at dusk, the chill o' the Baltic wind numbing the pain in me legs, an see t'bright lights of the metropolis of Bridlington nestled in the armpit of that Holderness. An' the rotating flash from Flamborough. It seemed like a whole magical world, just outside o' me grasp.

'ave never forgiven t'place for the disappointment on actually visiting.

Norsemen probably had it once. Give it back whilst we are clearing house.
It was probably the Saxons that started the brickying around there, wasn't it? I think that prior to them most folk made do wi' a 'ut, so t' Saxons might as well tek it back.

So the EU votes down the new tax avoidance scheme, including by Ireland (which acts as one the tax havens)

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...reject-move-to-expose-companies-tax-avoidance

That’s highly annoying, not only because it is highly annoying, but because it was likely the key reason the billionaire elites that bought and paid for Brexit did so, i.e. they divided the UK in two, destroyed our economic future and removed our freedoms and civil liberties for absolutely no reason at all.

That’s highly annoying, not only because it is highly annoying, but because it was likely the key reason the billionaire elites that bought and paid for Brexit did so, i.e. they divided the UK in two, destroyed our economic future and removed our freedoms and civil liberties for absolutely no reason at all.
Snafubar

Dear Britain: Unfashionable I know, but have you completely ruled out rioting?

The problem with rioting is it is never targeted. The Conservative Party as an entity can safely assume it won’t take place in rural Surrey and no one thinks to target Party infrastructure such as clubs, offices etc. They have also increased the police numbers and are in the process of cutting us adrift from essential human rights legislation.

I remember the Toxteth riots of the early ‘80s and that ended up leaving a horrific scar in the area that took decades to rebuild and wiped out huge numbers of local businesses as well as people’s homes. The damage really was far more than many think. It still looks worse now than it did before IMO as so many of the newer buildings put up are so much uglier than those destroyed. I also have a feeling riots often tend to be instigated by middle-class students and radicals who have the advantage of being able to return home to the untouched ‘burbs afterwards. Like punk and anarchy it is actually quite a safe and privileged mindset really (public school educated Clash, Bromley sect etc).

A combination of the classic "who do you shoot first?" conundrum and how the truly poor and underprivileged are too busy existing (and worn down) to be bothered with sound and fury.
Today's change comes from wars fought on social media or with teeshirts that say "Hey Boomer" realized the guy who hasn't seen a butterfly in years.

Ok, how about Guillotine Parliament,then?

It’s kinda predictable that Tony latches onto punk and anarchy (I see what you attempted there) but you simply must have an energetic playlist & correct couture for a day’s brisk anti-tory/anti-fash constitutional; however I was thinking of something more contemporary like, say, Chile, or Hong Kong. Lots of training videos in the YouTubes for you to mine income from your clickthroughs.

Compromise? Riots first then Guillotine Parliament? You get to have a go at the monarchy? Double whammy. If it fits Boris’s neck, Prince Andy’s should too.

bth.gif

Oh you! I just want to provide the soundtrack for the inevitable 10xDVD Ken Burns War On Brexit & and the fall of the English Empire double pack. I’m too nice and delicate to riot. You burly men can do all the heavy lifting and Guillotine building. I have Yoga and Face Massage on riot days anyway.

Last edited:
Rioting you say. It might just work!

I think the media should be forced to report all deaths, especially murders, as "police have confirmed that it was not the Prime Minister who was killed." Just to slowly get into peoples heads that eventually it will be the Prime Minister, and one day someone will kill him, remarking "well, it was just inevitable wasn't it. Standstareasondunnit."

This is assuming that he doesn't do the decent thing and off himself in a ditch like he promised. Or under a bulldozer like he promised. Yes, I know that virtually everything he says is a lie. But you have to have hope.

Apparently Boris de Pinocchio Johnson did an LBC interview earlier and even gammon foghorn of ignorance Nick Ferrari couldn’t establish a number on his illegitimate offspring. Quite scary to think more of that sort of thing on the way...

Rioting you say. It might just work!

There are a variety of Pitchforks cheaply available on Amazon for home delivery already.
Just wait for the Black Friday offers on Oil-for-Boiling ( or at least, min.55l barrel of cheapest poss multigrade, shd be good for 130+degC) and all is set.

advertisement

Back