advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part VI

We could have lost.

If only the war had gone on for a bit longer without the USSR and USA we could have been defeated. We were stabbed in the back by the financiers and money men at home.

We could have lost and then pocketed the aid plan with just a desire to work hard and rebuild. Rather than any silly nonsense about the stiffness of our upper lips, or not blubbing to nanny or being superior and deserving for no particular good reason.

We need to go out into the world and retreat from Singapore, Rangoon, Tunis, Dunkirk. And never, ever go back.

Giving back Scotland, Gibraltar The Falklands, Wales, Northern Ireland*, Rockall and Bridlington would also be a good step. We also borrowed some Saxon royalty. Best return it.

* We may have to pay someone to take away N Ireland

Absolutely. Make a last stand in Boston (Lincs) and Orpington.

The home of the true brex*t, the only brex*t, the honest british bulldog. Fealty, loyalty, doughty sons of the empire and the pure string vest.

Giving back Scotland, Gibraltar The Falklands, Wales, Northern Ireland*, Rockall and Bridlington would also be a good step. We also borrowed some Saxon royalty. Best return it.
* We may have to pay someone to take away N Ireland

Hey! What's wrong with Brid ?
harbour002.jpg

Great place!

When I were a lad I'd run along t'beach at dusk, the chill o' the Baltic wind numbing the pain in me legs, an see t'bright lights of the metropolis of Bridlington nestled in the armpit of that Holderness. An' the rotating flash from Flamborough. It seemed like a whole magical world, just outside o' me grasp.

'ave never forgiven t'place for the disappointment on actually visiting.

Norsemen probably had it once. Give it back whilst we are clearing house.

i would like to take this opportunity to express my unadulterated outrage at the refusal of the eu elites to endorse the tax avoidance proposals. this is an outrageous rejection that should be fully met with outrageous outrage.

i would like to take this opportunity to express my unadulterated outrage at the refusal of the eu elites to endorse the tax avoidance proposals. this is an outrageous rejection that should be fully met with outrageous outrage.
Not bothered then.

advertisement

Back