advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part VI

Wait until the next figures come out. Big shock to my sales this month and they mirror the German consumer spend graph. It's much much worse than imaginable. When the figures come out, let us resume. Until then it is only speculation but I have so far had a fairly instant, accurate microscopic view.

The next figures are out, No German recession. Not out of the doldrums but not recession material yet.

That slipped through the net. I like the comment about going to bed as Great Britain, and waking up the next morning as Little Britain. That really works for me

Yes, his comments about those of his colleagues packing up struck a chord here too with fruit growers.

Whenever I go on a date I am always insistent that we package everything up in a Cayman based SPV so that if it all goes tits up it will at least do so in a tax efficient manner.

Nah..wealth is much better protected in South Dakota - which it seems has become the tax haven du jour. After two years storage there your dosh is protected from ANY claim except criminal proceedings. It so secretive that no one, literally no one, can find out how much you have stored there. Forever.

I thought Ummuna’s speech was very good this morning. He quoted Aarronn Banks - “Nigel Farage has succeeded in remoulding the Conservative Party in his own image”. “A hard right populist nationalist party”.

The next figures are out, No German recession. Not out of the doldrums but not recession material yet.
Other good news for our German friends is Trump delaying the introduction of a 25% tariff on EU cars. This threat was in response to EU tariffs of 10% on US cars while the US tariff on EU cars is only 2.5%.

Yeah but......

I'm just waiting for the latest tirade of anti European bile to pour forth form the usual suspects on here :D There'll be people on this thread genuinely wishing a recession on Germany. It's pathetic!

Yeah but......

I'm just waiting for the latest tirade of anti European bile to pour forth form the usual suspects on here :D There'll be people on this thread genuinely wishing a recession on Germany. It's pathetic!

It is the world upside down. In my mothercountry we have the saying 'if you can't beat them, join them'. It seems to be here 'if you can't beat them, leave them'.

In sports, it is different obviously.

Other good news for our German friends is Trump delaying the introduction of a 25% tariff on EU cars. This threat was in response to EU tariffs of 10% on US cars while the US tariff on EU cars is only 2.5%.
I have German friends, less of the sarcasm.

I remarked recently that no politician has ever knocked my door so imagine my surprise and joy last night when Mr. Kwarteng himself, in person, knocked. (He must be a member here). He apologised for disturbing us, asked if we were voting for him ( no ), asked if it was the Brexit issue ( no, the Boris issue), then promptly left. Bit of a let-down really, thought it would be more exciting.

I remarked recently that no politician has ever knocked my door so imagine my surprise and joy last night when Mr. Kwarteng himself, in person, knocked. (He must be a member here). He apologised for disturbing us, asked if we were voting for him ( no ), asked if it was the Brexit issue ( no, the Boris issue), then promptly left. Bit of a let-down really, thought it would be more exciting.

You are lucky to see one, this seat is such a cert they can't be arsed.

advertisement

Back