advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

My wife (NHS) got her Astra Zeneca jab on Monday morning - all very straightforward. The local area seems to have a tray of vials available and needed to get them into arms quickly - so local NHS staff were encouraged to make an appointment - it was in in the South of the county so a bit of a drive to get there on Monday morning - but the roads are quieter these days.
No idea when top up might be.

Sore arm today - so it is doing the job!

Aged Parents had their first jab today. Pfizer. Told to expect the second between 3 and 12 weeks.

Wife (NHS) will get hers next week. I'm a few months down the line, I think. As we've both had Covid, and the latest research seems to suggest long-standing immunity, I'm pretty relaxed about that. Mrs P-T would have liked to have her antibodies tested before she has the jab, see what the levels are line >8 months on (she was tested at 5 months, levels still good) as once she's had the jab that data will be lost, but nobody seems to be doing that. I'd quite like an antibody test too, for the same reason.

SPT, If your wife is NHS she can apply for an antibody test

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...ibody-test-to-check-if-youve-had-coronavirus/

Mine came back negative, which was a surprise as I had something pretty nasty back in March and I had assumed that I must have had it.

" I had something pretty nasty back in March and I had assumed that I must have had it"
There must be a fair few of us like that - my wife and I both had Covid symptoms in January last year and since then I've several recurrences of long term effects. GP seems to think it can't possibly be.
We're hoping it was as then we'd have some antibody protection.

More or Less on R4 today debunked the ‘only 50% immunity after one jab’ thing. It seems that after 2-3 weeks,

But did you hear the idiots aguing about what was going on, delaying second jabs, on Womans Hour maybe 20 minutes later - Ms Bakewell and Ms Boothroyd? If only they had listened to the radio........

" I had something pretty nasty back in March and I had assumed that I must have had it"
There must be a fair few of us like that - my wife and I both had Covid symptoms in January last year and since then I've several recurrences of long term effects. GP seems to think it can't possibly be.
We're hoping it was as then we'd have some antibody protection.

Exactly that! And it's not difficult to find people who say the same. Weird 'spikey' sore throat that seemed to come back again and again, but less so each time.

"Your blood test did not detect Coronavirus (Covid-19) antibodies. It is a negative result"

As I said, I was quite surprised

Last edited:
Took my Mum for her Pifzer vac yesterday. First time I have ever ventured onto the Woodchurch Estate, Birkenhead, which was a No Go area when I was a teenager! All very efficient. The best part was the 'holding centre' after the jab. The oldies were treated to daytime TV for 15 mins before they could escape, just to make sure they didn't have an immediate reaction. Second jab in 11 weeks time, just hope the benefit last the duration.

Took my Mum for her Pifzer vac yesterday. First time I have ever ventured onto the Woodchurch Estate, Birkenhead, which was a No Go area when I was a teenager! All very efficient. The best part was the 'holding centre' after the jab. The oldies were treated to daytime TV for 15 mins before they could escape, just to make sure they didn't have an immediate reaction. Second jab in 11 weeks time, just hope the benefit last the duration.
Good job they’re not allergic to trashy TV then...

So I volunteered for the Russian Vaccine Trial for Covid-19. It's been kept very, very quiet for security reasons. I received my first shot and wanted to let you know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

OK, fine, serious answer too if I must! The oldies (90 & 95) and the Drs have had their first. Housemate who works for hospice gets her first tomorrow. I suspect I'm a very long way down the list...

Oh and incidentally both the oldies and the Drs have had the actual virus. I am a little surprised they don't test for natural immunity first, but have no idea if that's practicable or not...

Got a letter and 2 calls today (the first left no message) from my surgery. Booked (prob. for the American version) next Wednesday at another local surgery. Highly (overly?) efficient so far. Despite a timed appointment, I was told to wear suitable clothing as I'd be queuing outside.

Anybody know: If you're just at risk from catching the virus after the jab has had its 2 or so weeks (I imagine this aspect doesn't change)?... and
Can you just as easily pass on that virus once inoculated? Logically, I can't see the jab affecting anything except your immune system's response if you catch it. Have not seen, heard or read of these questions being asked.

So I volunteered for the Russian Vaccine Trial for Covid-19. It's been kept very, very quiet for security reasons. I received my first shot and wanted to let you know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

If only learning a language was so easy: I'd take the Russian and Chinese vaccine.

Got a letter and 2 calls today (the first left no message) from my surgery. Booked (prob. for the American version) next Wednesday at another local surgery. Highly (overly?) efficient so far. Despite a timed appointment, I was told to wear suitable clothing as I'd be queuing outside.

Anybody know: If you're just at risk from catching the virus after the jab has had its 2 or so weeks (I imagine this aspect doesn't change)?... and
Can you just as easily pass on that virus once inoculated? Logically, I can't see the jab affecting anything except your immune system's response if you catch it. Have not seen, heard or read of these questions being asked.

Just been discussed on the radio and plenty of general information about. Protection starts to kick in at 3ish weeks after injection and maximises at about 6 weeks. Those numbers are pretty variable in individuals though.

No really hard information on transmission, but the radio interview was about a large uk trial which is under way. They’ve found that natural immunity after infection lasts at least 5 months (the length of study so far) at about 80% protection but that there was enough virus to infect others in some of those that had the virus again but who were not very unwell or even asymptotic. Fairly small numbers tested so far though.

when it’s my turn in a couple of months (with any luck) I will carry on being very careful for 6 weeks at least and will act as if I am infectious....

Last edited:
I hope to get my jab sometime this year, but I would rather those who are more exposed to the virus or in key roles get it first. I'm okay with my current isolation, by and large. I can manage a while more if need be :)

Exactly that! And it's not difficult to find people who say the same. Weird 'spikey' sore throat that seemed to come back again and again, but less so each time.

"Your blood test did not detect Coronavirus (Covid-19) antibodies. It is a negative result"

As I said, I was quite surprised
Antibodies go after a few weeks.
You need the expensive T cell test to show if you had it or not

They’ve found that natural immunity after infection lasts at least 5 months (the length of study so far) at about 80% protection....... but that there was enough virus to infect others in some of those that had the virus again..... but who were not very unwell or even asymptomatic.

Thanks, but this doesn't address my queries. Immunity is to self, but are you then immune to becoming infected, regardless of symptoms or severity, and are you then able to infect others (it follows logically). Don't think anyone knows the longevity of immunity and that would, I imagine, depend upon the individual, the vaccine and possibly the timing of the booster jab; maybe other (environmental) factors.

I've had bad colds where my wife has been unaffected, and vice versa. They're all coronaviruses, after all. I don't scour the internet (though my wife does), but I view different TX news prog's daily and read my broadsheet newspaper 6 days a a week and this contains both spurious, controversial and scientifically factual articles/news from around the world. I've yet to see these aspects pertaining to the Covid jabs mentioned

Huge amount of conspiracy stuff on FB , this was on just now . give me strength !!!

According to the government...
If I get vaccinated:
1f489.png
1f489.png
1f489.png

1.- Can I stop wearing the mask?
Government Response - No
2.- Can they reopen restaurants, pubs, bars etc and everyone work normally?
Government Response - No
3.- Will I be resistant to covid?
Government Response - Maybe, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it
4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore?
Government Response - No you can still pass it on, possibly, nobody knows.
5.- If we vaccinate all children, will school resume normally?
Government Response - No
6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?
Government Response - No
7.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands?
Government Response - No
8.- If I vaccinate myself and my grandfather, can we hug each other?
Government Response - No
9.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums be reopened thanks to vaccines?
Government Response - No
10.- Will the vaccinated be able to gather?
Government Response - No
11.- What is the real benefit of vaccination?
Government Response - The virus won't kill you.
12.- Are you sure it won't kill me?
Government Response - No
13.- If statistically the virus won't kill me anyway ... Why would I get vaccinated?"
Government Response - To protect others.
14.- So if I get vaccinated, the others are 100% sure I'm not infecting them?
Government Response - No
So to summarise, the Covid19 vaccine...
Does not give immunity.
Does not eliminate the virus.
Does not prevent death.
Does not guarantee you won’t get it.
Does not prevent you from getting it.
Does not stop you passing it on
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans.
Does not eliminate the need for business closures.
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns.
Does not eliminate the need for masking.
So...what the heck is it actually doing?

Thanks, but this doesn't address my queries. Immunity is to self, but are you then immune to becoming infected, regardless of symptoms or severity, and are you then able to infect others (it follows logically). Don't think anyone knows the longevity of immunity and that would, I imagine, depend upon the individual, the vaccine and possibly the timing of the booster jab; maybe other (environmental) factors.

I've had bad colds where my wife has been unaffected, and vice versa. They're all coronaviruses, after all. I don't scour the internet (though my wife does), but I view different TX news prog's daily and read my broadsheet newspaper 6 days a a week and this contains both spurious, controversial and scientifically factual articles/news from around the world. I've yet to see these aspects pertaining to the Covid jabs mentioned

Immunity is immunity whether it comes from the jab or from infection (although vaccines usually give more immunity). So while there is not much data on infectivity after the vaccines, it is likely to be similar to those who’ve had COVID. There’s an article on the bbc news page about the study I mentioned

Huge amount of conspiracy stuff on FB , this was on just now . give me strength !!!

According to the government...
If I get vaccinated:
1f489.png
1f489.png
1f489.png

1.- Can I stop wearing the mask?
Government Response - No
2.- Can they reopen restaurants, pubs, bars etc and everyone work normally?
Government Response - No
3.- Will I be resistant to covid?
Government Response - Maybe, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it
4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore?
Government Response - No you can still pass it on, possibly, nobody knows.
5.- If we vaccinate all children, will school resume normally?
Government Response - No
6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?
Government Response - No
7.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands?
Government Response - No
8.- If I vaccinate myself and my grandfather, can we hug each other?
Government Response - No
9.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums be reopened thanks to vaccines?
Government Response - No
10.- Will the vaccinated be able to gather?
Government Response - No
11.- What is the real benefit of vaccination?
Government Response - The virus won't kill you.
12.- Are you sure it won't kill me?
Government Response - No
13.- If statistically the virus won't kill me anyway ... Why would I get vaccinated?"
Government Response - To protect others.
14.- So if I get vaccinated, the others are 100% sure I'm not infecting them?
Government Response - No
So to summarise, the Covid19 vaccine...
Does not give immunity.
Does not eliminate the virus.
Does not prevent death.
Does not guarantee you won’t get it.
Does not prevent you from getting it.
Does not stop you passing it on
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans.
Does not eliminate the need for business closures.
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns.
Does not eliminate the need for masking.
So...what the heck is it actually doing?
So to summarise the British QAnon position: “masked and chipped” but it’s not just QAnon types - it’s even elected MP’s standing up in Parliament pandering to them. That one, the one who said ‘we’ve had enough of experts’.

advertisement

Back