advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Reading the AZ information leaflet there's no mention of abstaining from alcohol. My guess is that not drinking is simply general advice as alcohol weakens our immune system. The way I see it, just don't get plastered soon after the jab.

Had the AZ on Monday afternoon - a marquee outside a local medical centre, all very efficient, it took about 5 minutes from arrival to departure. No noticeable side effects, slightly tender arm was about it. Had a text from my surgery on Thursday with a link to book and Monday was first available date.
My 97 year old mum had hers at home about 3 or 4 weeks ago, not sure which one, but she said she had no side effects either.

Mrs L had the AZ jab on Sunday morning. We’ve both had the virus, she had headache, shivers and felt generally rough for about 24 hours. She said it was much like having the virus, but very short lived.

Had mine today, inside Salisbury Cathedral of all places...

50999063138_bd597572d8_c.jpg

...which presumably adds a layer of divine protection on top of that from AZ

My guess is that not drinking is simply general advice as alcohol weakens our immune system.

I’m sure that is the reason, alcohol is a well know immune system suppresser, and likely more so in diabetics than other folk. I figured it is so easy to do why not do it?

Had mine today, inside Salisbury Cathedral of all places...

50999063138_bd597572d8_c.jpg

...which presumably adds a layer of divine protection on top of that from AZ
Did you receive a blessing on the way out? Every little helps in my view- not just from the Lords Temporal but from the First Estate too.

Did you receive a blessing on the way out? Every little helps in my view- not just from the Lords Temporal but from the First Estate too.
No, but I did sign the Magna Carta on the way out, so I must have the support of the second estate at least

No, but I did sign the Magna Carta on the way out,

Bet you had a runny mead to celebrate afterwards. :)

Suffering from the affluence of incohol probably, as said, reduces the immune system's efficacy but does it also affect its absorption and adaptation of the vaccine? This has been mentioned, but neither officially endorsed or denied.

Having received the NHS form a couple of days ago, my wife has now tried twice to book, but been offered venues many miles away. As I was contacted and booked directly by our surgery, I thought this would happen again.

Half and hour waiting to get through yesterday and was told that vac. centres open up in response to supplies coming into the area (Norwich) and that venues would change on almost a daily basis when booking o/l. The receptionist offered the alternative of phoning the surgery to ascertain any progress but this, albeit probably the desirable option, is the most frustrating with such a long wait at any time of day.

Can't say that this is the most efficient system for the at-age potential recipient.

I sympathise, a friend who is 67 had a letter and when she tried to book could only get a centre in Kent (we are in Essex) and cannot drive. Another friend has helped her get to a nearer one but still a journey.

Having received the NHS form a couple of days ago, my wife has now tried twice to book, but been offered venues many miles away. As I was contacted and booked directly by our surgery, I thought this would happen again.

Half and hour waiting to get through yesterday and was told that vac. centres open up in response to supplies coming into the area (Norwich) and that venues would change on almost a daily basis when booking o/l. The receptionist offered the alternative of phoning the surgery to ascertain any progress but this, albeit probably the desirable option, is the most frustrating with such a long wait at any time of day.

Can't say that this is the most efficient system for the at-age potential recipient.

I sympathise, a friend who is 67 had a letter and when she tried to book could only get a centre in Kent (we are in Essex) and cannot drive. Another friend has helped her get to a nearer one but still a journey.

there seems to be some local/regional variability. I was vaccinated at my local doctors' surgery within a few days of receiving the text and booking a slot online. I'm in a suburb of a city (Manchester), perhaps it's more difficult for more rural dwellers?

Got my letter on Tuesday and jabbed on Wednesday. Had to drive to Lancaster from the north lakes but all very easy and seamlessly organised. AZ and can't say I've noticed any ill effects at all. No mention of any need to abstain so didn't.

there seems to be some local/regional variability. I was vaccinated at my local doctors' surgery within a few days of receiving the text and booking a slot online. I'm in a suburb of a city (Manchester), perhaps it's more difficult for more rural dwellers?
Texts seem to be for local vaccine centres. The letters send you further afield.
For instance my text booking had me vaccinated in my own Cheshire town’s community centre. The letter gave me options, the nearest of which was Man City’s Etihad stadium, a forty five minute drive away.

My wife has now booked for next week in the City centre as well as the booster at the end of May. She says that she can book my second jab online but (a) I was told I'd be contacted by my surgery (as I was first time) and (b) what guarantees does anybody have that it's the same vaccine?

I don't mix my drinks so don't expect to mix my vaccines either ! Besides, the two variants may jostle for superiority in my blood stream !

advertisement

Back