advertisement

Used car prices

I ordered my first new car since '98 in March, (it will probably be my last as well) only to cancel it 6 weeks later, due to just about every single option I requested being removed on a near weekly basis. The final straw was no decent music system, being replaced to the most basic in their range, along with wireless charging being thrown out.
I am quite prepared to wait, as it is only a car, but if I am going to have one, it will have what I want in it.
I'm with you, and feel for you. The BMW I ordered in 2013 has exactly all the options I wanted, including delete options for stuff I did not want. I imagine I'd be livid if they could deliver only with the standard stereo rather than the surround HK system, and no head up display.

I'm with you, and feel for you. The BMW I ordered in 2013 has exactly all the options I wanted, including delete options for stuff I did not want. I imagine I'd be livid if they could deliver only with the standard stereo rather than the surround HK system, and no head up display.

Heads up display - truly the best option available on any options list. Having lived with this for five years since getting my mits on the B6 I find it peculiar those odd days when I drive the Jag not having the display on the windscreen. One option which immeasurably improves road safety because you are not taking your eyes off the road.

My 340i (F34) was an ex-demonstrator and loaded with every conceivable option. I was sceptical about the HUD but to be honest I wouldn't be without it now.

Handing my lease back soon. Agreed value is 9500, but exact sames selling on the market now for 11000 +. Almost tempted to give them the 9.5 and see if I can sell it for a profit.

My 340i (F34) was an ex-demonstrator and loaded with every conceivable option. I was sceptical about the HUD but to be honest I wouldn't be without it now.
I had the same thought when I first experienced HUD on a test drive in an F10. It might be a deal breaker if my next car doesn't have one.

Hopefully they have a way to keep the cameras clean…eg squirt air or water. Certainly with reversing cameras this can be an issue though probably worse at the rear rather than the side. Too much tech…

Ha, if their is are cleaning system, then yet another thing to go wrong, along with the actual camera and LCD that replaces the old fashioned mirrors!

Ha, if their is are cleaning system, then yet another thing to go wrong, along with the actual camera and LCD that replaces the old fashioned mirrors!

Andy, I guess you have eschewed such things as a radio and a heater in your cars? Yet more things that can go wrong.

I have read stories where dealers are ringing up owners who have cars on a lease agreement offering to buy back their car early and put them in a new car with a new leasing deal.

Seems pretty crazy out there right now.

I have read stories where dealers are ringing up owners who have cars on a lease agreement offering to buy back their car early and put them in a new car with a new leasing deal.

Are we talking lease or pcp here?A lease is simply
a rental with no option to buy.

My nearly 5yr old Volvo was bought at £32K cost (against £38k list) and now has 55k miles on it. I was offered over £16K for it the other day - astonishing - only 50% dep in 5 years!.

Still, it is not for sale and I understand what is going on.

Andy, I guess you have eschewed such things as a radio and a heater in your cars? Yet more things that can go wrong.

Slightly missing my point but anyway ...the only way my current wing mirrors will fail is they fall off or get broken off. Neither of which has ever happened on any of my cars in 30+ years driving

my dealer has always done that with the three previous leases I have had with them. I expect they'll do the same with the existing.

My wife's BMW 2 Series convertible's lease is due to expire later this year, with c£9K to pay. She really likes the car (so do I) so intends to keep it. She's been contacted by the dealers a couple of times, wanting to get their hands on the car by offering various deals. But then she'd have the problem of getting a replacement.

Slightly missing my point but anyway ...the only way my current wing mirrors will fail is they fall off or get broken off. Neither of which has ever happened on any of my cars in 30+ years driving

I should have added a smile Emoji!

I should have added a smile Emoji!

Oh :)

BTW most of my seat time is in a Cayman R which comes from factory with radio delete (and anything to do with screens shit delete) so I'm not the Honda E target demographic.. Haha

Are we talking lease or pcp here?A lease is simply
a rental with no option to buy.

Both, at least with a few I am aware of with BMW.
As Tony above mentions, plenty are hunting down cars so that they can re sell, but obtaining a replacement is A) a long wait, & B) will certainly be restricted to what options are available.

Oddly. HUD is one of the few remaining options still available with BMW, at least for now.

advertisement

Back