advertisement

US bombs Syria

Here's another opinion piece I'd like you to consider. Don't dismiss him because some call loony of him ( yeah he can be scary ) and right wing ( which in some ways he is ). You probably disagree with him on many matters social and economic. I do too sometimes, other times not. But take a listen to his logic here. Its pretty good. He doesn't and I don't have hard information about the exact nature of the gas attacks and neither do the newsreaders you here. Just listen to his reasoning.

He's saying the same as the Hitchens article linked to further in this thread, perfectly reasonable, and probably true.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, look at that destruction. Hard to believe it was once a airfield...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don — A slight correction. Tony is the site owner and administrator. The mod squad is a different group, though Tony also can and does moderate.

Clothy — You oscillate between writing absolutely bonkers, self-aggrandizing nonsense — e.g., I'm a cat • I think aliens were involved • my posts are the best • as the forum's leading intellect • people will come to realize I'm right and it'll be written on the base of a statue of me, Clothy the cat.

And posting conspiracy-theory crapola that's easily demolished by a nanogram of reason and evidence — e.g., that climate change is a hoax.

You're not taken seriously because you post like a 13-year-old who got a laptop for his birthday. If you want to be treated as a adult among adults then the course of action ought to be self-evident.

Joe
I think he's a Russian shill.

Indeed. Doing 'O' level History I've got vague recollections about someone thinking a "short, victorious war in the east" was the answer to their domestic problems. Turns out it wasn't.

Its the bigger picture I cant lose sight of. They are just playing games with us. They tell us what they think we want to hear...he phones Russia to tell them whats going to happen...... all the stuff gets moved and we get a few angled pictures of charred concrete. "TOKEN" strike..arent they naughty Russia but they will still deal with them as theres too much to lose there. American power is just as bad really.

I dont know whats in Assads head but something doesnt seem right about whats been reported. Hes clearly a monster but they cant blow hot and cold on him to suit other purposes. Arent the Syrian regime bad but the real game is about global control of the middle east

Its just proxy wars and propaganda. Blah blah hot air but I get the sense that some children frothing at the mouth are expendable to them in this big picture. Im sorry to have to say that but its the overwhelming feeling I get. Something should have been done long ago to make this a better world

China are expanding overseas and back the North Korean regime but they wont upset China We live in a Nuclear weapon riddled world and some call it progress. Weapons catalogues make huge money for the cynical warmongers involved.

Oh and war takes people minds of the worst economic depression and stagnation in living memory. War takes/forces peoples minds off the failure of the capitalist experiment and world poverty...thats one of the biggest worries!

According the the Ruskies half the cruise missiles failed to reach their targets....I also heard that the sarin couldn't have been an opposition stockpile as it would have been incinerated by the bombing but the US didn't target any chem weapons storage at the airfield in case they were released into the surrounding civilian population.hows that work then?

This is misleading - because the question is why. What Trump did is totally right to my opinion.

Arye

Touchy are we ? I thought we must not ask "Why" any more.
We have all been clearly told it is because 'they' all woke up one morning and decided 'they' suddenly didn't like our way of life.
If you are suggesting that we examine British/French imperialism, regime change in Iran/Algeria/Iraq/Egypt, weapons for oil, assassinations, wars, bombings, torture, refugees, horror and humiliation on social media v computer games on CNN then you must know that leads nowhere and is not officially approved.

War, huh, good god, what is it good for?

Well its been with us since the beginning of mankind and probably to the end.

I would like to see less protest songs and more change to make people realise we arent all that different but are divided by games to suit the whims of those who want to control us.

Its all a game of divide and rule which gets ever more complex. If they can get people asking the wrong questions, the luxury lifestyle continues for those in the bunkers 100 miles behind the front line....... if I can put it that way

advertisement

Back