advertisement

US bombs Syria

bush bombs middle east.

clinton bombs middle east.

bush junior bombs middle east.

obama bombs middle east.

trump bombs middle east.

perhaps something other than the president or political party is at the causal root here? just a crazy idea that i'm sure nobody has researched or written about.

vuk.

bush bombs middle east.

clinton bombs middle east.

bush junior bombs middle east.

obama bombs middle east.

trump bombs middle east.

perhaps something other than the president or political party is at the causal root here? just a crazy idea that i'm sure nobody has researched or written about.

vuk.

This is misleading - because the question is why. What Trump did is totally right to my opinion.

Arye

If the thread is about Israel/Palestine conflict, then it is one thing. This thread is not.

Arye

I know and it doesn't have to be, for there to be the kind of reactions and sneering that I referred to.

Yes there is a particular aversion at PFM now to the issue you cited. I know. Regulars here know not to start threads about it now.

I'll repeat., Tony can disallow anything or anyone he likes. But, Tony, please be specific if its about speakers, channels, writers, etc, because often times in the past I've seen the vaguest pronouncements of not wanting x or y here that simply leaves me scratching my head. Indeed, I've posted really "left" speakers here ( I watch several ) and had objections to them, with the wrong assumptions being about them and their piece. Also speakers perceived as "right" and just dismissed because of it, as loons. Often a common factor is not having actually read or watched the material !

What Trump did is totally right to my opinion.

Arye

You assume they have the right culprit.

There is a LOT to suggest logically it wouldn't be.

I might agree in general there ought to be ( preferably international ) reaction against use of these WMD type weapons or its a slippery slope to normalising it. Yes.

But don't jump in with both feet, I'd say.

You assume they have the right culprit.

There is a LOT to suggest logically it wouldn't be.

I might agree in general there ought to be ( preferably international ) reaction against use of these WMD type weapons or its a slippery slope to normalising it. Yes.

But don't jump in with both feet, I'd say.

As I see it, two days ago several hundreds innocent people were murdered because of Obama's behavior regarding this kind of weapon in Syria. We saw what happens when the West acts in a polite western attitude. If people don't see it yet, I am sorry to say: The polite way is not working. This morning, the USA drew a red line. Well, Obama drew many red lines and he was expert in moving them back every time they were crossed. Let's hope that this time the USA speaks business. This is the only way to stop Assad from using this kind of weapon.

Arye

Okay, if that's what you believe. I don't buy it that its them. Its okay to disagree and maybe in the fullness of time we'll find out what's been going on. Btw, I thought Molyneux had an interesting suggestion to wonder about Turkey.

We'd do better to help put down the awful Islamist rebellion that wants to replace the regime. The Russians have got that right !

And if it were up to me, I'd totally overhaul regional policy too e.g. give the v's to the Saudis and also stop them spreading their nonsense around the world so easily.
In terms of the region, the Assad regime is reasonable - but needs to reform and could be helped.

But anyway, lets wind down this conflict and make sure the worst bastards don't get to take over.

Btw, just so we're clear about me and Israel. I say always have Israel's back, as they DO face an existential threat. Always have rapid reaction forces ready to assist. Israel is the beacon of light in the region. It gets a bit naughty and arrogant at times, but I can see where they are coming from in looking to defend themselves, including strategically in the land they hold ( taken after being invaded I should add )

This is misleading - because the question is why. What Trump did is totally right to my opinion.

trump as an actor here was of minimal influence. it is also possible to be outraged by the chemical attack and not see bombing/war as a response that will make life better for the people of syria. one of the french presidential candidates has suggested world disarmament, -- something i have held for a long time. of course, that doesn't sit well with people controlling wealth.

vuk.

I'll repeat., Tony can disallow anything or anyone he likes. But, Tony, please be specific if its about speakers, channels, writers, etc, because often times in the past I've seen the vaguest pronouncements of not wanting x or y here that simply leaves me scratching my head. Indeed, I've posted really "left" speakers here ( I watch several ) and had objections to them, with the wrong assumptions being about them and their piece. Also speakers perceived as "right" and just dismissed because of it, as loons. Often a common factor is not having actually read or watched the material !

The AUP is very clear when it comes to racism, homophobia, targeted attacks on religion etc, etc, the aim being to have a friendly and welcoming site. As such I have no time for anything that can be categorised as xenophobia, "alt-right" dog-whistle politics or even just conspiracy theory idiocy. I obviously can't read/watch the whole f***ing internet and provide you with a list, but as basic pointers the above is your guidance, and it applies to channels, not just isolated clips, e.g. if you manage to find an isolated 20 seconds clip of Infowars, Breitbart or whatever moronic shit that isn't actually hateful and divisive I still don't want it here! I do not want to provide these entities any publicity.

You listed Breitbart and Infowars.

But what is the other moronic shit ?

I'll write those down on a piece of paper and remember it. What else should I write down ?

Its very confusing. I'll repeat, I've had leftist speakers dismissed and got the usual speech like you just gave. What am I supposed to think ? Who do you want me to keep off your site ? To help you, in terms of the "moronic shit" idiots I have so far posted, never mind the whole internet, who do you mean ?

I struggled through about half of that video, and whereas the chap is a total cynic, it's very hard to disprove his conspiracy theories.

The second Gulf war , as we all now know, was initiated on misinformation and lack of concrete evidence.

As ISIS has used chemical weapons, they are available to anti-Assad forces; there's also a logical reason why the rebels could have gained from the gas attack. Unless the Americans had incontrovertible evidence (and this does take time unless they shadowed the offending aircraft back to its base), they seem to have struck prematurely, as Bush did before in Iraq.

Tony Blair abetted that one, and Theresa May has endorsed this move; hmmmm! Science may be advancing by leaps and bounds, but civilisation in the twenty-first century, seemingly not.

You listed Breitbart and Infowars.

But what is the other moronic shit ?

I'll write those down on a piece of paper and remember it. What else should I write down ?

Its very confusing. I'll repeat, I've had leftist speakers dismissed and got the usual speech like you just gave. What am I supposed to think ? Who do you want me to keep off your site ? To help you, in terms of the "moronic shit" idiots I have so far posted, never mind the whole internet, who do you mean ?

Allow me.

Don't **** with the moderator. It never accomplishes anything good, except getting yourself banned, if you regard that as an accomplishment.

Didn't you just say something like 'you guys may think this guy crazy' with regard to a video clip you put up? You know what crazy is as well as anyone. And you know it is independent of the 'left/right' dimension.

Don — A slight correction. Tony is the site owner and administrator. The mod squad is a different group, though Tony also can and does moderate.

Clothy — You oscillate between writing absolutely bonkers, self-aggrandizing nonsense — e.g., I'm a cat • I think aliens were involved • my posts are the best • as the forum's leading intellect • people will come to realize I'm right and it'll be written on the base of a statue of me, Clothy the cat.

And posting conspiracy-theory crapola that's easily demolished by a nanogram of reason and evidence — e.g., that climate change is a hoax.

You're not taken seriously because you post like a 13-year-old who got a laptop for his birthday. If you want to be treated as a adult among adults then the course of action ought to be self-evident.

Joe

Case in point: "Ill come back to you DQ, Ive got to go collect my cat car."

Joe

If someone post 'crazy' and gets rejection that's just fun and games. Were they to post serious and get rejection, that would be serious.

Case in point: "Ill come back to you DQ, Ive got to go collect my cat car."

Joe

I'm hoping its this!

18n3fw5yfoceojpg.jpg

Space,

Now I have that song playing in my head!

Da da da da dada dadada dada dadadadada....

Joe

advertisement

Back