advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

Blind Cat space-rock festival in Lincolnshire starts tmrw until Sunday. I'll be performing, but only in my pottery-making capacity on my stall :D

Michael Rother at Under The Bridge, next February 5th
Tortoise at Village Underground February 23rd

Squeeze - Monday - Manchester Bridgewater Hall

And wonderful it was.
Dr John Cooper Clarke opened for an hour of poetry and jokes. The hour flew by, which I hadn't expected.
Squeeze were introduced by Peter Kaye, he seems to turn up for the opening of an envelope these days.
The band gave us A great amalgam of old and new.
Unfortunately a blaze in the city centre really screwed up the metro trams so it took me ages to get home.

Starting this evening is the annual Broadstairs Blues Bash. A whole weekend of various types of blues.
Should be a great weekend......glad that I have Monday off work too!

Tonight Rachmaninov Third Piano Concerto (probably his best) with Shostakovich 6th Symphony at RSNO Usher Hall in Edinburgh. x2.

On March 11th Puccini Tosca, again in Edinburgh at the Playhouse. x2.

Going to a lot more live music now. I was at a loose end with things to do this weekend and rather than stay at home a spot of light lunch with friends, a concert and after concert cocktails... really what could be nicer?

Just booked to hear St John Passion at Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh on March 18th. Looking forward to hearing Joshua Ellicott live.

The power of leaflet flyers outside last night's gig at the Usher hall... Last night's Rachmaninov as always makes me feel ravished... Superb.

Off down to Brighton on March 9th to see !!! at Patterns.
They're supporting themselves as Stereolad - Stereolab covers done in drag (no, me neither).

Let's see. Edinburgh Puccini, Tosca in Edinburgh on Friday 11th

London, Lee Scratch Perry, Super Ape Live plus DJ sets on Sat 12th with Mad Professor and Trojan live soundsystem... oh yeah! With another fishy...

LSP_ELECTRIC_WEB_v4-1.jpg

I don't buy much music now so I have a budget to go out (and) live more...

Tickets sorted for Cavern Of Anti Matter at Patterns in Brighton for May 26th (take the next day off work for a nice long weekend)
Tickets also sorted for the Alfresco festival in Tunbridge Wells for a couple of days later; primarily to see The Emperor Machine (some cracking DJs on the bill as well).

advertisement

Back