advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

Oooooooh, Stars Of The Lid, Barbican, 2nd October, as part of the Transcender season - with a string section and a massive modular Moog.

Loudon Wainwright III UK tour.
Manchester Bridgewater Hall tickets and London Palladium tickets on sale from Friday to join several other venues already on sale.
Just got mine on pre sale.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Factory Floor at the ICA Thursday, 25th August

Tickets BOOKED
Friday off work BOOKED
EVER SO SLIGHTLY EXCITED

Saw them about eighteen months ago at Heaven, stone cold sober, and was blown away.
I may not be sober this time around.

And an at least "colour me intrigued" bunch of collaborations at The Barbican on Saturday, 22nd October, as part of the Rough Trade 40th anniversary celebrations.
John Grant with Wrangler (Stephen Mallinder, Benge, and a fella from Tunng)
Scritti Politti with Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip
The Pop Group with Protomartyr

I'll try and catch some of Nick Harper's stint at the Edinburgh Fringe, his albums have never quite done it for me, but he's great live. Then on 17th September I'll see his father Roy at the Usher Hall. Given his age it might be the last time I get to see him. Roy is a favourite artist of mine in the world of music.

Ally

Tickets booked for The Human League(!) and St. Germain, both at the Festival Hall towards the end of the year.

Mick

A slew of Edinburgh Festival performances coming up. Starting with the Bartoli 2013 Salzburg production of Norma tomorrow night.

Brian Wilson-Pet Sounds at Manchester Apollo, front circle row B dead centre :)

How did you find that?

I saw him here in Aus at the Sydney Opera House a few months ago.

I am MASSIVE fan of his work. A sad, troubled yet inspiring genius.

I had very mixed feelings about the gig.

As ever the Smile band were absolutely electrifying but Brian wasn't. Although there was massive love in the room for him, he just can't do it live anymore.

I'm glad I saw him as Pet Sounds and Smile have been major inspirations in my life but it was not what I had hoped for.

FFS Leonard Cohen can still do it. His relatively recent Live In London album is incredible. I suppose he hasn't had such a disastrous life.

I love Brian Wilson though :)

And an at least "colour me intrigued" bunch of collaborations at The Barbican on Saturday, 22nd October, as part of the Rough Trade 40th anniversary celebrations.

I am going. John Grant I am mixed about but the Wrangler album I like and they are a proper live band. Scritti I saw a couple of years ago in the Lexington. Right up close and Green's voice is still a thing of wonder. Hot Chip I am very underwhelmed with. The Pop Group, always wanted to see them- I only ended up seeing Rip Rig and Panic who were tres bien.

A night of joy and pain for me.

Tickets booked for The Human League(!) and St. Germain, both at the Festival Hall towards the end of the year.

Mick

Caution. I have seen the mighty League several times. The last time was at the RFH. They were disappointing and it felt like they were going through their Christmas gig commitments. There is always a good atmosphere is they play to an already won over crowd.

Aren't Blancmange support? They are still good value. A friend was working with Neil Arthur and i met him a couple of times. Nice bloke. Tall too!!

A family outing for us this one, food there is good also.
Also tickets for The Comet is Coming at Koyo on Nov 15th.
No concerts for a couple of years now so well up for this lot.

Bloss

How did you find that?

I saw him here in Aus at the Sydney Opera House a few months ago.

I am MASSIVE fan of his work. A sad, troubled yet inspiring genius.

I had very mixed feelings about the gig.

As ever the Smile band were absolutely electrifying but Brian wasn't. Although there was massive love in the room for him, he just can't do it live anymore.

I'm glad I saw him as Pet Sounds and Smile have been major inspirations in my life but it was not what I had hoped for.

FFS Leonard Cohen can still do it. His relatively recent Live In London album is incredible. I suppose he hasn't had such a disastrous life.

I love Brian Wilson though :)

Unfortunately having seen Brian several times over the years this was his worst gig for me the sound was too low his voice was failing and the band did not have the cohesion of previous performances the best being at Manchester Palace Theatre several years ago which was one of the best gigs I have ever been to the sound being magical.

advertisement

Back