advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

Have more or less given up with gigs, however late last night spotted that the incomparable Orchestra Baobab will be playing at the Howard Assembly Rooms in Leeds just after my birthday, so wifey bagged a couple of tickets pronto.

A local-ish venue has a Floyd tribute act lined up called 'Floyd Uk' - not to be confused with the UK Pink Floyd Experience - not sure about this as I cannot find out anything about the group.

an update

• (gig sort of) - Black Sabbath Ballet - London - 21 Oct
  • Little Simz - Birmingham - 9th November
  • 50-Cent - Birmingham - 12th November
  • Prodigy - Alexandra Palace - 25th November
  • Abba Voyage - London - 2nd December
  • Chase and Status - Cardiff - 22nd Feb 2024
  • OMD - Ipswich - 23rd March 2024
  • Breakin' Convention (rap dance) - London - 4th May 2024
  • Petshop Boys - Birmingham - 8th June
  • Liam Gallagher - Definitely Maybe tour - Manchester - 28th June 2024
  • Wireless Festival - Doja Cat, Rema, Tyla and Digga D - London - 14th July 2024
  • Chase and Status and guests - Milton Keynes Bowl - 10th August 2024

Balls. I’d really like to see Nils Frahm but I’ll be away around that period.
Currently lined up though are:
The Smile at the Eventim Apollo next month
Robert Plant & Saving Grace in Tunbridge Wells also next month
Bill Frisell Trio at the Islington Assembly Hall in May

Judas Priest - Birmingham 19/3
Treacherous Cretins ft Bobby Martin- Sheffield 12/4
Livewire - Sheffield 19/4
AC/DC - Wembley 7/7

Thanks for the heads-up, most kind. But sadly I simply don’t do London nowadays, otherwise I’d be there for both Marc and Bill.

I am, however, going to see this lot in April. Walking distance from the Towers - how could I resist? Not exactly what originally came to mind when I was told ‘jazz harp…’

I'd definitely walk down the road to see that, and it's an answer to my question about male jazz harp players in a different thread a few days ago. There are definitely more women, but perhaps that reflects the gender balance of harp players in general?

‘Im indoors has just got us tickets for Gary Numan at The Roundhouse, doing a Replicas and Pleasure Principle show.
I’m not a big fan but I’ve heard him interviewed on a couple of occasions over the last few months, possibly the nicest bloke in music.

Cheers BB

Just got a ticket to see the Cranes in Leeds. Only been 38 years waiting to see them, think I’ll go for Gary Numan too. Roll on May

I shall be turning Japanese this May with Dhidalah, Acid Mothers Temple and Minami Deutsch rolling into London on the 1ST, 10TH AND 14TH respectively. Having hit every venue worth talking about in London over the past 40 years, it will be nice to finally get to see the 100 club on the inside.

advertisement

Back