advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

Off to see GLOK on Saturday in Oxford - though I've just found out it's been moved to The Jericho from The Academy; which is a bit of a ballache for parking. Ah well, not my turn to drive...
Worcester Street CP, then 5 minute leisurely walk. The Jericho is much better than the O2 as are the drinks. You won't have to deal with the pissed up students queuing up for the after gig dance in their underpants either. I could go on....

Worcester Street CP, then 5 minute leisurely walk. The Jericho is much better than the O2 as are the drinks. You won't have to deal with the pissed up students queuing up for the after gig dance in their underpants either. I could go on..

Noted - ta muchly.

Ryoji Ikeda tonight @ Barbican.
Hoping this is a better gig than my last two visits there, which resulted in less than a great time musically..

Next week - The Necks @ Kings Place.
I have heard many good things about these live, and looking forward to meeting up with an old friend for it - he left for France after the brexit thing got stupid for him.

an update

• (gig sort of) - Black Sabbath Ballet - London - 21 Oct
  • Little Simz - Birmingham - 9th November
  • 50-Cent - Birmingham - 12th November
  • Prodigy - Alexandra Palace - 25th November
  • Abba Voyage - London - 2nd December
  • Chase and Status - Cardiff - 22nd Feb 2024
  • OMD - Ipswich - 23rd March 2024
  • Petshop Boys - Birmingham - 8th June
  • Liam Gallagher - Definitely Maybe tour - Manchester - 28th June 2028

Looking forward to seeing Jah Wobble and band playing "Metal Box-Rebuilt in Dub" on Dec 7th at Edgehill University in Ormskirk, West Lancashire . Still a few tickets left at a bargain 10 quid.

Last edited:
The Trades Club announced a couple of cracking shows late yesterday. Managed to get tickets this morning on pre-sale. December 13th BC CAMPLIGHT, Dec 15th MICHAEL HEAD solo show, Dec 16th MICHAEL HEAD & THE RED ELASTIC BAND

Can't wait for these.....plus it's stumbling distance home 😁

Just got Johnny Flynn on presale for Bristol. Dates in Ally Pally, Edinburgh, Leeds, Exeter probably Manchester. Dates are May next year, I bought through his website but came up on See tickets. He doesn’t tour much so grab those if you can.

Saw Matthew Halsall recently in Southampton, but I couldn’t click with it at all. A shame, as I like the recordings.

• (gig sort of) - Black Sabbath Ballet - London - 21 Oct
  • Little Simz - Birmingham - 9th November
  • 50-Cent - Birmingham - 12th November
  • Prodigy - Alexandra Palace - 25th November
  • Abba Voyage - London - 2nd December
  • Chase and Status - Cardiff - 22nd Feb 2024
  • OMD - Ipswich - 23rd March 2024
  • Liam Gallagher - Definitely Maybe tour - Manchester - 28th June 2028
OMD were great at the Roundhouse a couple of years ago.
Abba Voyage is on my list for next year....along with Steve Hackett in Reading next October.... recently saw his 2016 performance at Liverpool on a download from a friend, boy was he at his best there.

advertisement

Back