advertisement

Undertaken by a hearse and other tales from the road today

My neck is a bit stiff this morning. Not as bad as his rear passenger perhaps.

Make sure you have enough water in the glass to swallow the little blue pill in one. ;)

Unfortunately, I see kn08-heads most days, people who undertake you on round-abouts when turning right, people who race up the outside and push in where two lanes merge, people who use the right-hand lane of the round-about to overtake when everybody is going straight on. Me first and fcuk the rest of you. Wish I had an old mk1 land-rover with bull bars as I'd like to ram some of them off the road to be honest.

AP

Make sure you have enough water in the glass to swallow the little blue pill in one. ;)

Unfortunately, I see kn08-heads most days, people who undertake you on round-abouts when turning right, people who race up the outside and push in where two lanes merge, people who use the right-hand lane of the round-about to overtake when everybody is going straight on. Me first and fcuk the rest of you. Wish I had an old mk1 land-rover with bull bars as I'd like to ram some of them off the road to be honest.

AP

Thge operative word is merge. You are supposed to let them in when 2 lanes merge into one.

Chris

This new Rolls Royce Phantom hearse was in the news the other day costing over £500k

9dfc67319d6c1563cb7019adf26d9f28.jpg

But the one I might expect to overtake most other cars would be this Maserati Quattroporte hearse

519f93846658d2ed040b988f21e179e4.jpg

Those RR are a Nottingham undertakers.

I would have the Maserati if I was given the choice.

Pete

Travelling home this evening, close to the scene of my rear ending by the undertaker a couple of weeks ago (his insurer, Aviva (delicious irony) put their hands up),I was moving in two lanes of thick traffic going at 20mph. Old dear in a Polo indicates, pulls out into a gap in lane two and immediately rear ends the car in front. Thump, tinkle.
A few minutes later the slow traffic is explained- a mangled motorcycle in lane one, rider on his back on side road being tended to while waiting for the paramedic to get to him.
Darkness, greasy road surface, congestion and people still driving like idiots.

Death Wish II on the Franschhoek Pass today. 4WD on my rear bumper overtakes on a blind bend, crossing double solid lines. He has a cross dangling from his rear view mirror and I imagine he is keen to meet his maker and take a few others with him. Shortly after, 6 motorbikes do the same- oncoming traffic sounding their horns. We stop and walk at the view point and 30 min later a police car, emergency rescue vehicle and ambulance go charging up the Pass in the direction of the wacky racers.
Heading back down the Pass there's a traffic jam. The traffic control car coming up behind the other emergency vehicles to marshal traffic at the accident site has almost gone under an atriculated lorry coming down the pass, out of a hairpin.
The ambulance carrying the dead or alive biker coming back down is now caught up for 30 min, as is the car that hit the biker, being towed. Both airbags deployed, spiders web cracking to its windscreen where I think the biker's head hit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9au57k71n71neyb/image.jpg?dl=0

What is it about Friday afternoons? A white Range Rover Squat into the back of a BMW convertible in lane 2 of a dual carriageway with a 40mph limit -half a mile from a divisional traffic police HQ. You'd think they'd know better. Even if the increased photoperiod has elevated testosterone levels. Plenty of boys in blue to marshall the irate and massive queues caused by the Squat driver....and press charges.

One like this,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0-Range-Rover-left-wedged-basement-crash.html

What is it about Friday afternoons? A white Range Rover Squat into the back of a BMW convertible in lane 2 of a dual carriageway with a 40mph limit -half a mile from a divisional traffic police HQ. You'd think they'd know better. Even if the increased photoperiod has elevated testosterone levels. Plenty of boys in blue to marshall the irate and massive queues caused by the Squat driver....and press charges.

One like this,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0-Range-Rover-left-wedged-basement-crash.html

Hmmm £80,000 510 hp Range Rover with four girls in crashes at 5am on a sunday and the police say it has nothing to do with them?

The Metropolitan Police said that the incident was not a matter for them and they would not be investigating.

advertisement

Back