advertisement

Undertaken by a hearse and other tales from the road today

Still, if a hearse is able to undertake you, you shouldn't have been in the passing lane.

Still, if a hearse is able to undertake you, you shouldn't have been in the passing lane.

Glib post of the week to which the answer is:

Not if he was keeping a reasonable distance between him and the vehicle in front travelling at the same speed and faster than those in the inside lane with the death wish undertaker weaving in the available space.

many years well at least ten. I had the tomfoolery to ride a Honda melody 8 miles to work it was ok the first week.

Second week it got coked up in the exhaust area. instead of doing 28mph it was doing at least 15mph down hill with a good stiff force 8 behind it.

This got worse as the week went on To the exstent of old men on push bikes would come tearing past me it seemed. But they were not tearing anywhere

My worst was yet to come. Parley cross traffic lights went red i left flat out. What I did not know was there was another Honda melody behind me with much the same problem as mine but not in such an advance stage.

We had this massive burn up i was clocking it at least 12 mph and he was easily hitting 12 and quarter mph and he very slowly over took me but it took him an eternity.

But what i remember most is he would not look at me. Not even just to laugh or feel sad.

He was a deadly serious burn up merchant.

Head down

guess what Two racing bikes past us both on the outside :)
as we blew smoke up the A347

Bloody hell, happened again today, cut up by a hearse. This time he had a job on but he passed very briskly in lane one while Mrs. Agrophobia was holding back a chain of cars in lane 2. He then yanked out in front of her. Iwas very impressed. Both in the front of the hearse were older blokes who looked like they had been on sun beds.

They say you're old when police look young. Same can be said if you get cut up by a hearse I suppose

Bloody hell, happened again today, cut up by a hearse. This time he had a job on but he passed very briskly in lane one while Mrs. Agrophobia was holding back a chain of cars in lane 2. He then yanked out in front of her. Iwas very impressed. Both in the front of the hearse were older blokes who looked like they had been on sun beds.

They have productivity issue drives, under the new death-in-austerity measures for state-assisted funerals.

Another example of motoring ineptitude today is it, a couple of old duffers in a Honda Civic stopped across a T-junction, road ahead absolutely clear. I pulled up from the minor road, and they did not move, just stopped here, I waited, nothing happened. so I gave them a parp on the horn, their car lurched forward and they moved off. I followed them down the country road, they ground to a halt at every corner, and whenever a car came the other way.

No awareness of their surroundings, completely hopeless.

DS

?....I pulled up from the minor road, and they did not move, just stopped here, I waited, nothing happened. so I gave them a parp on the horn, their car lurched forward and they moved off. I followed them down the country road...

DS

.....put on a balaclava loaded the shotgun and walked towards them.

No country for old men is it?

Another example of motoring ineptitude today is it, a couple of old duffers in a Honda Civic stopped across a T-junction, road ahead absolutely clear. I pulled up from the minor road, and they did not move, just stopped here, I waited, nothing happened. so I gave them a parp on the horn, their car lurched forward and they moved off. I followed them down the country road, they ground to a halt at every corner, and whenever a car came the other way.

No awareness of their surroundings, completely hopeless.

DS

Maybe they had lost sight of the hearse that they had been following to the crematorium?

A few years ago I was undertaken by a Merc Brabus stiff carrier., hence this thread.

Today I was rear ended by one on a roundabout. This time a 'private ambulance', silver Merc van . Why are these guys in such a hurry?

A few years ago I was undertaken by a Merc Brabus stiff carrier., hence this thread.

Today I was rear ended by one on a roundabout. This time a 'private ambulance', silver Merc van . Why are these guys in such a hurry?

They consider waiting to be dead time.

Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.

To digress, the rule/code of giving way to traffic from the right at a roundabout seems to have been abandoned in my neck of the woods. Now, it's just pile on, and expect folks on the roundabout to brake, swerve, and otherwise make way for you.....

This new Rolls Royce Phantom hearse was in the news the other day costing over £500k

9dfc67319d6c1563cb7019adf26d9f28.jpg

But the one I might expect to overtake most other cars would be this Maserati Quattroporte hearse

519f93846658d2ed040b988f21e179e4.jpg

advertisement

Back