advertisement

Ukraine V

It is a war, whatever the Kremlin calls it. Don't be suckered by doublespeak.
Seems to be a war which only one side is allowed to lob missiles over the wall though. I suppose that is because the missiles Ukraine has are from the West and using those to strike Russian soil would be WW3?

It is a war, whatever the Kremlin calls it. Don't be suckered by doublespeak.
What’s interesting is the number of cheques Putin has allowed his mouth to write, all of which have bounced.His lightning war against Kyiv has turned into a bloody quagmire with the forfeiture of mass assets human and material. His vaudeville threats of ‘a response you’ve never seen before in history if you interfere’ came to nothing. No conscription turned into mass conscription. What happened to his claims that Britain was behind the naval drone attacks in Sevastopol that Lavrov would present the evidence of?

His only way to stay in power is to convince the Russian public that his failed invasion is actually an existential struggle where Russia is fighting the whole of NATO dressed up as Ukrainians and the aim is to destroy Russia. So I think he is still capable of greater atrocities and escalation.

I prefer the scenario put in a placard by a young Ukrainian at the start of the war: “let’s fast forward to the bit where you kill yourself in the bunker”.

Venezuela would be incapable of guaranteeing his security, it’s literally a tin pot dictatorship in Americas back yard. I think only China is capable of sheltering him and I’m not sure they’d want him.

I prefer the scenario put in a placard by a young Ukrainian at the start of the war: “let’s fast forward to the bit where you kill yourself in the bunker”.

Venezuela would be incapable of guaranteeing his security, it’s literally a tin pot dictatorship in Americas back yard. I think only China is capable of sheltering him and I’m not sure they’d want him.
Putin would be dead inside a week in Venezuela and as you say, it's doubtful China would want him.

How about the DPRK? - strikes me as ideal in so many ways.

Currently, 4.2 million Ukrainian refugees have registered for the EU's temporary protection scheme or other national programs. A further 3.1 million had returned to Ukraine as of June 2022 when the U.N. also noted 6.9 million internally displaced peoples. In all, nearly one-third of Ukrainians have been displaced.

This is shocking.Russian TV fascist casually discuss driving the population out so they can acquire their country and Russia destroys power, heating, water and sanitation to make the lives of those remaining nearly impossible in a freezing winter.

There will have to be a reckoning for these war crimes.

Putin’s mouthpiece Pestkov announced that Russia needs to finish liberating territories in Ukraine, so shall we expect an announcement that Japan will proceed to liberate its Northern territories in the Kurils?

“ But there is nevertheless a lot of work ahead to liberate the territories; in a number of new regions of the Russian Federation there are occupied territories that have to be liberated.
I mean part of the Donetsk Republic, as well as what became part of the Russian Federation, and then was re-occupied by Ukrainian troops”.

The capacity for lies and doublespeak is chilling in a government of an advanced nation. You liberate territories inside the internationally recognised borders of a peaceful neighbouring state. Will they be liberating Finland, Latvia, Estonia, Poland and where ever else they fancy?

Included is a longish clip of the Russian-assassinated Chechen leader - how spot on was he? Starts around 0.34.

And now he is making noises that he will using nuclear weapons and not exclude using them for defense only but as first use.

IMHO the best option for the west is to place a lot of nuclear warheads in the Ukraine so when he does use a nuclear warhead he'll get a bunch back from the Ukraine. Sometimes you have to answer with power and it will make him think twice.

advertisement

Back