advertisement

Ukraine V

Not sure how accurate this is, but an interesting idea.

Macron to the rescue? A Ukrainian lawmaker claimed that France was considering deploying a European military mission in Northern Ukraine to free up Ukrainian troops who are guarding the border with Russia’s ally Belarus. Citing conversations with unspecified French colleagues, Aleksey Goncharenko said France is attempting to form a coalition, likely including Poland and the Baltic states. The number of troops has not been decided, but French President Emmanuel Macron is committed to the idea, Goncharenko said (GPF).

Not sure how accurate this is, but an interesting idea.

Macron to the rescue? A Ukrainian lawmaker claimed that France was considering deploying a European military mission in Northern Ukraine to free up Ukrainian troops who are guarding the border with Russia’s ally Belarus. Citing conversations with unspecified French colleagues, Aleksey Goncharenko said France is attempting to form a coalition, likely including Poland and the Baltic states. The number of troops has not been decided, but French President Emmanuel Macron is committed to the idea, Goncharenko said (GPF).
They may as well be sent to the front. Putin has said he will strike at any location where NATO military personnel are located in Ukraine. He has attacked the rear bases on the Polish border previously with missiles.

Ukraine and its supporters may have to adapt their strategy because it looks like Putin is in for the long haul of grinding attrition and he has more meat to throw in than Ukraine. He has already sustained massive losses of men and materiel but he has the Russian population, China and North Korea behind him.

They may as well be sent to the front. Putin has said he will strike at any location where NATO military personnel are located in Ukraine. He has attacked the rear bases on the Polish border previously with missiles.

Ukraine and its supporters may have to adapt their strategy because it looks like Putin is in for the long haul of grinding attrition and he has more meat to throw in than Ukraine. He has already sustained massive losses of men and materiel but he has the Russian population, China and North Korea behind him.
I imagine that were this to happen then, for better or worse, it would do so with full air support and every bit of hardware that NATO possesses.

They wouldn't be NATO troops if it were a joint initiative between France and the other countries noted above. NATO wouldn't come in to it. Whether Putin would see it that way is a different matter but perhaps academic, as if he attacked any of the countries involved it would be a strike against NATO regardless.

I hope this Moscow nastiness isn't an excuse to escalate things in Ukraine. I'm not into conspiracies but Putin is clearly nuts.
CNN —
ISIS has claimed responsibility for an attack at a popular concert venue complex near Moscow Friday that left at least 40 dead and more than 100 wounded after assailants stormed the venue with guns and incendiary devices.

The terror group took responsibility for the attack in a short statement published by ISIS-affiliated news agency Amaq on Telegram on Friday. The group did not provide evidence to support the claim.

Blowback from Russia's involvement in Syria?
Presumably, they hit ISIS/ISIL/Daesh with 70 thousand air strikes over a couple of years, think Gerasimov was boss man at the tme. USA seem to have been warning Russia since November about an attack on a crowd event.

Lots of conspiricy theories floating around. Ukraine saying it’s a Putin false flag similar to the Chechen one. Russia saying it’s Ukraine behind it then ISIS. Some saying the IS-K Afganistan group organised the attack and others it’s related to Russia in Syria and a 5 year anniversary of a Caliphate defeat.

Last edited:

We really should have tested him 2 years ago by placing NATO resources in-country before he invaded.

Meanwhile, the EU inching closer to giving investment returns on Russian assets to Ukraine.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...profits-from-frozen-russian-assets-to-ukraine

I hope this Moscow nastiness isn't an excuse to escalate things in Ukraine. I'm not into conspiracies but Putin is clearly nuts
Looks like it will go that way, the attackers had ‘contacts in Ukraine’ according to FSB, that should be enough for the madman.

As I write, Putin has not made any announcement and the death toll is above 130, many killed in the fire after fleeing upstairs That's a hell of a toll for 4 gunmen but I gather a number of people have been detained, incl. those four.

I don't get why the above is a headache for France. It isn't like anyone believes the Kremlin BS, is it?
Lies, lies, more lies and twisting of every word uttered (and some that weren’t). Sadly 87% of Russian people believe it, or at least never question it openly, and other ‘friendly’ dictatorships likewise will take encouragement from it. In that sense it’s a headache for everyone not aligned with Putin’s despicable intentions.

advertisement

Back