advertisement

Ukraine V

Prigozhin is now in control of all the main supply lines to the Special Military operation. A successful attack on the Kerch Bridge would be the end the operation IMHO. He just has to personally survive long enough to fracture the MOD's and FSB's command and control in Ukraine.

When they get rid of Prigozhin, I still think Sergei Shoigu will be wearing Novichok underpants. When Khrushchev was dispatched to Stalingrad in WW2, it was to pass a revolver across the table to his predecessor. I imagine loudmouthed midget Dmitry Medvedev might be the logical next Minister of Defence?

snqD5Mg.jpg

Tiny Dima, big cojones

I am off the grid travelling this weekend so only just caught up with this. This is all good news as far as I can see. Prygozhin might be a monster but I don’t think he has imperial ambitions like Putin. If he does manage to sieze control, I don’t think the likes of Kadyrov will be quiet for long and civil war leading to the breakup of Russia is on the cards.

If that happens they won’t have much time to concentrate on Ukraine.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, Putin is still in control as of this moment and the uprising might still fail.

Interesting, the UK MOD reports that wagner forces almost certainly occupy Russia’s military base responsible for organising the ukraine campaign. If this is true then the war could very quickly go off the rails for Russia.

Another thought, I wonder how much Ukraine’s shenanigans in the Belgorod region inspired Prygozhin to take this action. He must have realised there was literally no defence left inside Russia.

This^. On one hand all this is of course a very uplifting start to a sunny weekend (and the odds that this is some sort of well-coordinated Russian campaign of distraction seem very low...), but you can't help but wonder what's going to happen if Putin does fall (or "abdicate" or whatever it may be called).

So a nation run by gangsters might be about to be toppled by their own private army run by gangsters.

Plus ca change.

With a bit of care, this looks like a heaven sent opportunity for Ukraine - and anyone else so minded - to mount false flag operations inside Russia?

With a bit of care, this looks like a heaven sent opportunity for Ukraine - and anyone else so minded - to mount false flag operations inside Russia?

I don't know. Prigozhin is about Russia fighting a stronger campaign, with better leadership presumably.

advertisement

Back