advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

My history is sparse and I was not aware of:
until I watched
Yes, at the risk of derailing the thread, the Darien scheme bankrupted the Scottish ruling class, forcing them into union with England in 1707. A win-win for the haves at the expense of the have nots. Scotland’s ruling class were bailed out, England dealt a decisive blow to “the Auld Alliance” and opened up the Highlands to the lucrative new trade in sheep, and as a playground for the gentry to hunt and fish- just had to evict all those pesky peasants first. It prompted Burns to pen “Bought and sold for English gold/ sic’ a parcel o’ rogues in a nation”

Getting ready for Scotland v Hungary. The latter’s national anthem was dire, Flower of Scotland magnificent as always. Maybe if Scotland win, auld Locheboy will put in appearance later…….

In their last game, Scotland were indirectly responsible for my favourite moment of the Euros so far where a tangle of bodies and a fortuitous camera angle after a crunching tackle allowed a friend to drop the absolute zinger "He's looking through Billy Gilmour's thighs" :)

A draw leaves Scotland as fourth best third-place team, so loads of results would have to go their way.

Can’t see it staying 0-0 though as both sides will have to go for it soon…

What a last minute or so incredible finish... sad for Scots, but felt pleased for Hungary somehow. Given the injury and that !

Roland Sallai (with the assist) said Barnabas Varga’s feeling better and has gone to hospital.
Good news, looked like he was having a seizure. Thought Hungary deserved the victory, did far more with less possession than Scotland. Scotland lack quality at the top of the pitch. I slagged him off the other day but I thought Grant Handley stepped up tonight.

Cheers BB

One of the panel saying Scotland should have taken the foul in build up to goal. Hmmm not really a good look or comment.. maybe ?

advertisement

Back