advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

England among the favourites to win the tournament o_O
Great start to the tournament & whoever wins will have earned it, going on what i have seen thus far.

It's going to be a tough one to win.

The ex players on commentary do my head in. Even Ally McCoist was tedious after 20 mins. Jermaine J just soulless. Worst of the lot is Lee Dixon - dull and full of bull****. Play commentary bingo with me and listen out for Lee D talking about ‘down the lines’, ‘through the channels’, and worst of all ‘in the pockets’. What the **** is he on about! Stupid meaningless jargon just gets my goat…..

I might have to resort to watching some games without commentary! Luckily the football itself is better than I anticipated….

The ex players on commentary do my head in. Even Ally McCoist was tedious after 20 mins. Jermaine J just soulless. Worst of the lot is Lee Dixon - dull and full of bull****. Play commentary bingo with me and listen out for Lee D talking about ‘down the lines’, ‘through the channels’, and worst of all ‘in the pockets’. What the **** is he on about! Stupid meaningless jargon just gets my goat…..

I might have to resort to watching some games without commentary! Luckily the football itself is better than I anticipated….
I agree, if you actually go to see a game you do not hear their shite. I used to like Sky years ago when you could turn off the commentary and just hear the crowds, far more atmospheric than listening to repeated slosh.

One constant so far has been a bald bloke in a suit on the touchline. Every game. Long may it continue.
Zizou?

fpoITc.gif

Last edited:

The commentary is like listening to a talkie version of this thread 🤣

We were watching the Spain vs Croatia game last night, music was playing so we didn't have to listen to the commentary and Croatia were awarded a penalty. Saved by the keeper but from the rebounded save to another player who crossed the ball and the original penalty taker slotted home. The goal was disallowed, I believe due to encroachment into the area before the penalty was taken, but my initial reaction was the penalty must be taken again due to the keeper diving forwards, approx 1.5m when making the save, have the rules changed again?
Good luck to England tonight, hoping they go out and score three before half time.

We were watching the Italy vs Croatia game last night, music was playing so we didn't have to listen to the commentary and Croatia were awarded a penalty. Saved by the keeper but from the rebounded save to another player who crossed the ball and the original penalty taker slotted home. The goal was disallowed, I believe due to encroachment into the area before the penalty was taken, but my initial reaction was the penalty must be taken again due to the keeper diving forwards, approx 1.5m when making the save, have the rules changed again?
Good luck to England tonight, hoping they go out and score three before half time.
I didn't see the game but was the penalty retaken?
I always thought that was the decision for encroachment.

The penalty was not retaken, I didn't hear what the commentators said, don't know if it was an Italian or Croat who encroached first since it looked like the starting line of a 100m sprint.

Was next phase - GK saved and pushed it right to Croatian opponent who had encroached who squared it to penalty taker for tap in.
The penalty should have been retaken for GK coming off line but presumably wasn't spotted by ref and VAR...
And it was Spain not Italy!

advertisement

Back