advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

Feck me, 1970, seriously?

Only the best ever football team on the planet won that WC and you thought England would win it 🤣

I remember watching the final on TV back then, I was 11, Italy were decent but it was like watching a team playing a different game watching that Brazilian team.

To be fair England were decent in those finals until they came up against Beckenbaur that is.
Yep. 😎 Seriously.

The final should have been Brazil v England. I remember the group game against Brazil. A very close game, they were the best 2 teams, imo.

I don't think the format helps; if it was two from each group there'd be more jeopardy and exciting games
Spot on. This qualifying in 3rd place is shit. England knew they were through without kicking a ball. Slovakia-Romania could play out a draw knowing both would progress. Ok, you can try to win for an easier draw in the round of 16, but Belgium didn’t even push players up the park for both corners in the dying seconds of the game.

As usual, the money men call the shots. A bigger tournament, more ad revenue, more replica shirts sold. And who gives a **** if the quality of the football is crap.

Foden is a better 10 than the last three at least to play for the Brazil National team. I’ll give you Pele, Zico and Ronaldhino.

Things we can be sure of...

a) If Georgia are playing, it's going to be a cracker.

b) If England are playing, 😴

Which makes me wonder what would happen if England played Georgia? :confused:

advertisement

Back