advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

He does and did all the things you say. I am not criticising him - he is a huge talent - and his positional discipline is for the manager to sort. Currently, he absolutely plays as I describe and is a maverick in that sense. He has a unique skillset, but at 20 nobody is the finished article, and he isn't.
His positional discipline was great, he covered for other players. He played a pivotal part in Real Madrid winning the Champions League, you are criticising him by questioning his positional sense. I can’t recall anything he did wrong, best player on the pitch.

His positional discipline was great, he covered for other players. He played a pivotal part in Real Madrid winning the Champions League, you are criticising him by questioning his positional sense. I can’t recall anything he did wrong, best player on the pitch.
I disagree, and I am talking about his performance last night.

He consistently makes the wrong decision going for personal glory when players are better positioned around him.

And as long as we keep focussing on individuals, as we have done for decades, we will not win any tournaments.
Today has been radio Bellingham, but it ignores the lack of structure and collective performance.
Consistently, we launched the ball, gave it away, had no outlet, and left gaps through players leaving their positions.
Against better teams we will absolutely be punished if we perform the same way.
But what we eulogise over is a supreme athlete because he scored and ran about a lot.

If this comes across as pointed criticism of Bellingham, then I am not expressing myself properly. He is an immense talent, but if he is playing in central midfield, he does not and should not have the freedom of the entire pitch, no matter how good that makes him look as an individual.

Kane was better in the 2nd half. England are a very young side, we need experienced players on the pitch also.

I really cannot understand a lot of he views on here. A classic case of recency bias.
This.
He didn't put a foot wrong in the first half, because he wasn't given the ball. He was more involved in the second half but no where near involved enough to helpout. Thats tactics, and being told where to play.

Alan Shitface needs a corner flag inserted up his jacksy.....

And as long as we keep focussing on individuals, as we have done for decades, we will not win any tournaments.
Today has been radio Bellingham, but it ignores the lack of structure and collective performance.
Consistently, we launched the ball, gave it away, had no outlet, and left gaps through players leaving their positions.
Against better teams we will absolutely be punished if we perform the same way.
But what we eulogise over is a supreme athlete because he scored and ran about a lot.

If this comes across as pointed criticism of Bellingham, then I am not expressing myself properly. He is an immense talent, but if he is playing in central midfield, he does not and should not have the freedom of the entire pitch, no matter how good that makes him look as an individual.
Amen to that👍

He is an immense talent, but if he is playing in central midfield, he does not and should not have the freedom of the entire pitch, no matter how good that makes him look as an individual.
Bellingham’s playing as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1, with the freedom to go wherever. Same as he has been for his club recently, with some success.

Bellingham’s playing as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1, with the freedom to go wherever. Same as he has been for his club recently, with some success.
If thats the case, then the tactics didnt work very well for England. Thats the point surely.

Exactly this. He is being criticised by people who don’t actually realise where he is playing.

I think it’s perfectly valid to get excited about a generational talent. I can’t remember any young player making such an impact at the top level.

He was very disciplined, didn’t react to the rough house treatment & essentially ran the game.

Then who are the two? Rice and Trent?
If people cannot see that it did not work, then I am lost.
We were very, very fortunate to win.

Man city folk angry coz Bellingham went to Real and foden is on the blue wkd rather than playin for england. OH sorry he got burgled like a lot of folk but his Man city. Give it a rest Man shitty your bent and realise your financed by a murderous filthy regime. You will never be recognised as a giant. You make me puke.

Man city folk angry coz Bellingham went to Real and foden is on the blue wkd rather than playin for england. OH sorry he got burgled like a lot of folk but his Man city. Give it a rest Man shitty your bent and realise your financed by a murderous filthy regime. You will never be recognised as a giant. You make me puke.
Someone deranged in aisle 4.

advertisement

Back