advertisement

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Listened to the two tracks which have been released so far. Very promising.

Also listened to the Marta Zlakowska / Tricky album. Short but excellent. I might spend time delving into Tricky’s back catalogue.
Yes Tricky is very prolific. He has done a lot of stuff and is very consistent. Still to this day I'm always drawn to his first album. It has certain haunting magic about it. Plus Marta Zlakowska'S stuff is really cool.

Tricky is very prolific. He has done a lot of stuff and is very consistent. Still to this day I'm always drawn to his first album. It has certain haunting magic about it.

I listened to Maxinquaye many years ago, but it didn’t strike a chord. However I’ll listen to it again, as my music tastes change. I listened to Led Zeppelin twenty years ago, and didn’t get that either at the time. However a couple of years ago I tried it again, and since then have played Led Zepp to death.

I listened to Maxinquaye many years ago, but it didn’t strike a chord. However I’ll listen to it again, as my music tastes change. I listened to Led Zeppelin twenty years ago, and didn’t get that either at the time. However a couple of years ago I tried it again, and since then have played Led Zepp to death.
To be honest I've had this happen to me many times before with music. For example I used to dislike Urban Hymns by The Verve. Then it became one of my favourite albums. Strange how this happens.

While im on the topic of The Verve. I will deviate from trip hop and post this live version of Life's an Ocean. However It's got the trip hop mellowness at the start with the slow drums and laid back vibes.

And out today from the certified queen of Trip Hop herself:

Beth-Gibbons-Lives-Outgrown.jpg

Beth Gibbons - 'Lives Outgrown'

advertisement

Back