advertisement

Tragedy - Mark Levinson hanging about a charity shop!

Obviously I have no way of knowing, but I do find myself wondering whether a scenario involving a well heeled, married audiophile, another woman, and a discovery by furious wife might have something to do with it...
Apparently the guy has donated over £20k worth in BHF till receipts of high end items incl a totl computer-I hope he finds the ML remote ;-)

Have you got all the cables to give these a play tonight? Sounds like it's in standby mode now and ready to do its stuff!!!!

Good grief; 'Not true Class A' but rather a proprietary adaptive biasing arrangement that gets the sound advantages without the heat management issues an amp this size would suffer......( 300w/8,600w/4, 1200/2, Power supplies use 2x 2450VA transformers, 4x 50000uf caps, power consumption at idle 350w!!!!

Have you got all the cables to give these a play tonight? Sounds like it's in standby mode now and ready to do its stuff!!!!
Yeah I've all the necessary kit but off to see Count Arthur Strong so will have to be patient. 2 pushes on power switch brings it out of standby mode.

Good grief; 'Not true Class A' but rather a proprietary adaptive biasing arrangement that gets the sound advantages without the heat management issues an amp this size would suffer......( 300w/8,600w/4, 1200/2, Power supplies use 2x 2450VA transformers, 4x 50000uf caps, power consumption at idle 350w!!!!

You're killing the environment, best hand it over and I'll safely dispose of it for you.

Haha, that’s a beast!

Hope you love it!

Sure, but if it consumes 350 watts at idle, doesn't that mean at the very least it is producing heat similar to a 350w heater?

Obviously I have no way of knowing, but I do find myself wondering whether a scenario involving a well heeled, married audiophile, another woman, and a discovery by furious wife might have something to do with it...

My great uncle (from the very south of Ireland) died 40 years ago leaving his quite substantial estate to his family.

Except one minor detail....his mint 1930’s Rolls Royce was to be sold and the money to go to the bit on the side he had that no one knew about.

A very lucky local man bought a mint, vintage Rolls for a pound (One punt in those days).

Southport and it’s environs is a fairly well to do area with an ageing population.

It’s hardly surprising that stuff like this ends up in charity shops as the owners head off to the care home/crematorium and the nearest and dearest don’t have a clue or perhaps a care what dads boxes are worth.

At least some benefit to others is being created, rather than it all being skipped.

Southport and it’s environs is a fairly well to do area with an ageing population.

It’s hardly surprising that stuff like this ends up in charity shops as the owners head off to the care home/crematorium and the nearest and dearest don’t have a clue or perhaps a care what dads boxes are worth.

At least some benefit to others is being created, rather than it all being skipped.
This and a shed load of other stuff was donated to BHF by the 'loaded' owner who acquired the amp on his travels to Japan(its not a CE euro model).

advertisement

Back