advertisement

Tragedy - Mark Levinson hanging about a charity shop!

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
Just thought I would mention that at the charity shop where I volunteer they currently have a Mark Levinson 380 pre amp and a 334 power amp. They are bl**dy heavy !
They have realised that they can be a bit pricey...and how.
Just mentioning it in case any one might be interested. The shop is in Southport.

hi - could you let me know their contact number? must have been a rich person donating that sort of kit! are they in good condition?

Blimey, what’s in the water at the moment? A chap on another forum found a mint, boxed Roksan Xerxes for £50 at a cancer research shop the other day!

Shop number is 01704 741455, manager is Jo, feel free to mention my name. They won't know what it is if you say "Mark Levinson" Tell her its the heavy stuff round the back. I put the pre amp on a green pillow on top of the power amp to keep it safe.
Usually with the big stuff they want to put it on ebay, but it will remain at Southport for collection.

Shop number is 01704 741455, manager is Jo, feel free to mention my name. They won't know what it is if you say "Mark Levinson" Tell her its the heavy stuff round the back. I put the pre amp on a green pillow on top of the power amp to keep it safe.
Usually with the big stuff they want to put it on ebay, but it will remain at Southport for collection.
Spoke to Elaine, not priced up yet but she's calling me back....

Bargain alert....possibly !
They have some ginormous AE1 speaker stands upstairs too.

At least this way they are going to get proper value for it and not have it skipped by an overzealous safety tester or, worse, have someone say "probably worth £20 or so, if it works, I'll take it off your hands, can I have a receipt?"

You'd weep at what they skip...not allowed to rescue any more...v sad. I'm a function tester there.

While we're at it, and the number is in the thread, they have a pair of Kef 104 reference in original boxes with the kef stands. Crossover in one needs attention, I should know cos I tested 'em. Priced at £200 ! A bit overzealous I think.

Yes, I've seen the skip behind the Skem and the Southport shop, criminal and I reported my findings on here a few years back.

Not actually convinced it all did actually go to land fill though, some pieces a bit too carefully placed in the skip for that.

thank you very much

advertisement

Back