advertisement

Topping D70 - anyone know why no distribution in Europe?

Sinophobic idiots indeed.

Just anti-fakery/safety first not sinophobic, but I'll let my Malaysian girlfriend know how you feel :rolleyes:

Its all a bit different than a fake t shirt with a designer logo on it when it comes to electrical items, and other things, you know, like brake discs, inhalers (all been on Fake Britain, and you know its gotten bad by the time BBC catch up with it!)

Just anti-fakery/safety first not sinophobic, but I'll let my Malaysian girlfriend know how you feel :rolleyes:

Its all a bit different than a fake t shirt with a designer logo on it when it comes to electrical items, and other things, you know, like brake discs, inhalers (all been on Fake Britain, and you know its gotten bad by the time BBC catch up with it!)
I cant be racist, I have a black friend!

What a strange comment. These guys may be able to help you out, give them a call.

https://www.nami.org/

Out of curiosity, the threads purpose was asking the question of why there are no European distributers for these Chi-Fi Dacs, do you have any comment on that?
I assume because a product like this doesn't need a "distributor", whatever that used to mean in the former century.

Everyone that actually wants to buy one (as opposed to dissuade others from doing so) can get one, without the useless markup of a distributor. Certainly a product from a Western company of the same build and sound quality (also made in China, of course) would sell well north of $1K.

Again, Chifi is a purposefully insulting term, an ethnic slur against equipment, as opposed to a person. You probably think it makes you sound hip and cool, but it actually makes you sound like a fool.

I have two Topping devices, an MX3 and a DX7 Pro. The latter is absolutely superb the former superb value for money. It doesn't surprise me we have people spreading FUD, the highend digital audio market has basically been wiped out by these Chinese products and some people are not going to like that.

I assume because a product like this doesn't need a "distributor", whatever that used to mean in the former century.

Everyone that actually wants to buy one (as opposed to dissuade others from doing so) can get one, without the useless markup of a distributor. Certainly a product from a Western company of the same build and sound quality (also made in China, of course) would sell well north of $1K.

Again, Chifi is a purposefully insulting term, an ethnic slur against equipment, as opposed to a person. You probably think it makes you sound hip and cool, but it actually makes you sound like a fool.

Chi-Fi, Chinese Fidelity. Its a perfectly fine term, and in fact one we use in our group with my many Chinese and SE Asian counterparts, we have many Chi names for many things. We use Chi-Cake when my Chinese friends make amazing moon cakes. So, maybe stop being a complete bellend and get in the real, modern world? You have created a racial slur in your own mind, mental. and who the hell says 'hip and cool' these days? lmao.

It's good you have finally made a response to the original question though. So to cover that.

Without a distributer/local re-seller, things like warranty/repair, safety standards, and also distance selling laws in the country of purchase can often not be adhered to. This is where distribution comes into its own. A cheap product ignoring safety standards and being sold on counterfeit hotspot sites like Aliexpress can of course be attained by whoever wants it, and there is no issue with a manufacturer using a direct to market strategy, but they aren't. They use third party sellers, more often or not, either bedroom sellers, or the global Chinese mega sellers who very much rule the likes of Aliexpress, eBay and Amazon..theres not really much support post sale, aside from the usual 30 day returns, and then Section 75 on a credit card for six months post purchase.

I definitely support a direct to market strategy without a doubt, the distribution tree has been milked it at the expense of the consumer for way too long. However this still does not get around the fact that buying from the counterfeit hotspot that is China, is Russian roulette. A distributer, will take an element of that risk away, and provides full warranty support, technically in the UK for six years by law, you won't get anything like that buying from a seller on Aliexpress or Amazon, so there is still some use for them.

A huge issue with China, is their lack of IP Right acknowledge and respect, and its clear to see many hard worked and researched designs being copied and remarketed within days with poor build and safety standards and littering Ecommerce sites like chewing gum. This then takes away a huge chunk of industry from designers, engineers etc all for the sake of someone buying it 'cheap'. It destroys innovation that cant be had from working people 12-16 hours a day , six days a week for pennies like they do in China. Oh yeah we should maybe cover that at some point? The systematic human rights abuse of the average working person in China to create 'cheap' products (without any would be support from a big brand). Sure it happens with everything built there, but more so for the really 'cheap' stuff. Maybe we will save that for another day eh?

You clearly have very little understanding of how e-commerce works these days especially when China is included as the source and sale point.

Interestingly, there is a distributer in the US isn't there?

Chi-Fi, Chinese Fidelity. Its a perfectly fine term, and in fact one we use in our group with my many Chinese and SE Asian counterparts, we have many Chi names for many things. We use Chi-Cake when my Chinese friends make amazing moon cakes. So, maybe stop being a complete bellend and get in the real, modern world? You have created a racial slur in your own mind, mental. and who the hell says 'hip and cool' these days? lmao.

It's good you have finally made a response to the original question though. So to cover that.

Without a distributer, things like warranty/repair, safety standards, and also distance selling laws in the country of purchase can often not be adhered to. This is where distribution comes into its own. A cheap product ignoring safety standards and being sold on counterfeit hotspot sites like Aliexpress can of course be attained by whoever wants it, and there is no issue with a manufacturer using a direct to market strategy, but they aren't. They use third party sellers, more often or not, either bedroom sellers, or the global Chinese mega sellers who very much rule the likes of Aliexpress, eBay and Amazon, theress not really much support post sale.

I definitely support a direct to market strategy without a doubt, the distribution tree has been milked it at the expense of the consumer for way too long. However this still does not get around the fact that buying from the counterfeit hotspot that is China, is Russian roulette. A distributer, will take an element of that risk away, and provides full warranty support, technically in the UK for six years by law, you won't get anything like that buying from a seller on Aliexpress or Amazon, so there is still some use for them.

A huge issue with China, is their lack of IP Right acknowledge and respect, and its clear to see many hard worked and researched designs being copied and remarketed within days with poor build and safety standards and littering Ecommerce sites like chewing gum. This then takes away a huge chunk of industry from designers, engineers etc all for the sake of someone buying it 'cheap'.

You clearly have very little understanding of how e-commerce works these days especially when China is included as the source and sale point.

Interestingly, there is a distributer in the US isn't there?
Is this DAC dangerous or fake? The answer is no, though you have spent a lot of time to create this false impression.

Warranty? Are you for real, man? I don't need a year warranty, if this type of product works for a month it will work for a very long time.

Repair? I doubt it. If in 20 years I still own it and more importantly am alive and still can hear anything, I can replace the power supply caps. Though my vintage Sony PS-B80, is just fine with late 1970 electrolytics.

So what is the real reason you working so hard to throw shade on this manufacturer?

Is this DAC dangerous or fake? The answer is no, though you have spent a lot of time to create this false impression.

Warranty? Are you for real, man? I don't need a year warranty, if this type of product works for a month it will work for a very long time.

Repair? I doubt it. If in 20 years I still own it and more importantly am alive and still can hear anything, I can replace the power supply caps. Though my vintage Sony PS-B80, is just fine with late 1970 electrolytics.

So what is the real reason you working so hard to throw shade on this manufacturer?

1. Its not been tested, and the supposed CE certification lab won't acknowledge its certification, so anyones guess.

2. Warranty, yes I like to have a warranty on products I buy. Just a thing I have after spending hard earned. Interestingly my Chord 2Qute was eith months old and developed a fault. Had to go back to Chord, was repaired and sent back all FOC.

3. "if this type of product works for a month it will work for a very long time." Citation?

4. I hopefully have much longer left than 20 years touch wood, so cannot relate to this. Your Sony, well established brand, meets all required safety and build requirements, so lets hope it still goes strong.

5. I dont like the Topping DACs much myself as mentioned, and I have a question mark over the CE certification. I am not sure if you are struggling to keep up, but all of this has been explained before in my posts. Before asking questions, read my posts. All the answers are in them. There is no 'shade' to throw, its merely acknowledging some of the 'trees' creating that 'shade'.

1. Its not been tested, and the supposed CE certification lab won't acknowledge its certification, so anyones guess.

2. Warranty, yes I like to have a warranty on products I buy. Just a thing I have after spending hard earned. Interestingly my Chord 2Qute was eith months old and developed a fault. Had to go back to Chord, was repaired and sent back all FOC.

3. "if this type of product works for a month it will work for a very long time." Citation?

4. I hopefully have much longer left than 20 years touch wood, so cannot relate to this. Your Sony, well established brand, meets all required safety and build requirements, so lets hope it still goes strong.

5. I dont like the Topping DACs much myself as mentioned, and I have a question mark over the CE certification. I am not sure if you are struggling to keep up, but all of this has been explained before in my posts. Before asking questions, read my posts. All the answers are in them. There is no 'shade' to throw, its merely acknowledging some of the 'trees' creating that 'shade'.
You sure are working VERY, VERY hard to discredit a product, throwing everything but the kitchen sink at it in hopes something will stick. It's not grounded...well it is. It doesn't have safety markings...well it does. The marks are fake, I made phone calls that "prove it." It's junk, fake "Chifi" - actually a well engineered and nicely made, good sounding kit. Insurance companies won't pay if it will burn your house down!

Whats next - a claim that it carries deadly bacteria that will poison pets and babies? Internal spyware that will steal your identity? Explosives hidden inside?

I have never wittnesed such concerted effort to discredit, defame and destroy a product sight unseen. So there must be a reason?

Don't be shy just tell us what this all about.

You sure are working VERY, VERY hard to discredit a product, throwing everything but the kitchen sink at it in hopes something will stick. It's not grounded...well it is. It doesn't have safety markings...well it does. The marks are fake, I made phone calls that "prove it." It's junk, fake "Chifi" - actually a well engineered and nicely made, good sounding kit. Insurance companies won't pay if it will burn your house down!

Whats next - a claim that it carries deadly bacteria that will poison pets and babies? Internal spyware that will steal your identity? Explosives hidden inside?

I have never wittnesed such concerted effort to discredit, defame and destroy a product sight unseen. So there must be a reason?

Don't be shy just tell us what this all about.

You're missing the point considerably. My 'effort' is merely my responses to your ridiculous posts, if you stopped waffling, I wouldn't be posting, thus there would be no 'working very very hard' etc. I've merely itemised how I've researched my hypothesis and formed my opinion/conclusion. You can take or leave that however you wish.

Considering cheap Chinese phones (from similar manufacturers like Topping) have been proven to carry spyware, its remarkable how you still question it or feel its a tin foil hat wearing subjective opinion. It's almost like you are an old dude who has lost touch with reality and its fast pace. But according to your profile you aren't even old! so I refer back to earlier posts.

Anyhow, as lovely as it has been its almost 1am in the UK and The Chronicals needs some time in dreamy land with a big fat doob, x x

You're missing the point considerably. My 'effort' is merely my responses to your ridiculous posts, if you stopped waffling, I wouldn't be posting, thus there would be no 'working very very hard' etc. I've merely itemised how I've researched my hypothesis and formed my opinion/conclusion. You can take or leave that however you wish.

Considering cheap Chinese phones (from similar manufacturers like Topping) have been proven to carry spyware, its remarkable how you still question it or feel its a tin foil hat wearing subjective opinion. It's almost like you are an old dude who has lost touch with reality and its fast pace. But according to your profile you aren't even old! so I refer back to earlier posts.

Anyhow, as lovely as it has been its almost 1am in the UK and The Chronicals needs some time in dreamy land with a big fat doob, x x
I am impressed!

In response to obvious irony you double down on rediculousness. Topping DACs spy on us! Run for cover.

I obviously choose to dismiss your silliness. As clearly a young person with inflated opinion of both your knowledge and importance in the world, you will hopefully get smarter as you keep growing.

I am impressed!

Thankyou.

Topping DACs spy on us! Run for cover.

You do have some issues so it seems.

I obviously choose to dismiss your silliness. As clearly a young person with inflated opinion of both your knowledge and importance in the world, you will hopefully get smarter as you keep growing.

Pomposity isn't becoming (but is amusing, I appreciate your posts)

What part of a Topping DAC construction is not earthed correctly, I'll open mine up and check it out.

I think SQ mentioned your USB powered DAC dosen't require an earthing point on the pin on the mains connection being that it dosen't have a mains connection, so I don't think that particular aspect is relevant to yours. I think the general focus has moved on from that quite considerably though and as we have discussed, Topping may have 'upped' their game somewhat. If you want to investigate more, drop the CE testing lab an email if it concerns you, see if you can get a response from them where I failed.

As I've said from the outset, I don't like the sound of Topping DACs, I find them cheap sounding, ut as mention, at their price point they do have a place. I am weary of Chinese electricals, having had a friend who died in a house fire that was found to be caused by a Chinese Aliexpress brand (similar to the likes of Topping) laptop melting on her sofa. All I have done on this thread is bring to light some of the controversy around the cheap Chinese electricals market and showed my distrust, while providing examples of journalism doing the same, because in the UK especially, we are in a bit of an epidemic of fake/cheap electrical items flooding our homes. That combined with the human rights abuse of workers in China at the 'low quality' factories (there is a tier system in factories in China and this tier system can often show level of treatment workers get), whether one agree's or not, Topping may or may not be in this category, it's worth thinking about when one buys the next cheap product.

Anyhow, with that, I will leave this thread, and folks can take or leave anything I've posted.

Gosh yes, listening to a broken record is more interesting than reading through this endless sinophobic and idiotic rant.

It's like an evil scientist somewhere devised a way to selectively induce arrested development in adults over the interwebz, ping-pong banning notwithstanding.

advertisement

Back