advertisement

Top ten iconic turntables ...

Even the big L will, one day meet it's maker.
We all have a different defenition of greatness, but I wish he understood enough about TT design to have included some of the other amazing milestones along the path, and anyone who thinks the TD160 is anything other than a tiny step on from the 150 needs ignoring IMO. Where's the Pink triangle? Where's the Rock? Where the Nottingham analogues????
Blimey on and on and on and wrong.

Darn clickbait titles...

Ironic Turntables

had a nice ring to it
and then all we get is this boring guy.

Hmmm. Maybe a legend in his own mind...

Anyone who designs a loudspeaker with a single 4" driver nearly needs a lesson or two in acoustics and loudspeaker design.
There are times when I really go off some people, sorry to say.

As has been said, Iconic does not mean best, he must be close with his choices, if the esteemed Tony L has over half the same on his list.

That's exactly my point.
I think 'iconic' is fine as it stands. The Mini wasn't the best performing car of the 1960s but it's no less iconic than the E-Type.

I think "iconic" is a silly, cliche'd and clickbaity thing to say. The Mini was a distinctive and specific set of design choices about what a car could or should be.

I think "iconic" is a silly, cliche'd and clickbaity thing to say.

Of course it's clickbaity - the Pearl Acoustics marketing dept wouldn't be doing much of a job if they didn't attract views : )

Nothing wrong with that. They raise their profile a little bit and we all get to enjoy debating whether or not he's a cloth eared fool for not including the Zarjaz RZ-5000 mk2. All good fun.

Of course it's clickbaity - the Pearl Acoustics marketing dept wouldn't be doing much of a job if they didn't attract views : )

Nothing wrong with that. They raise their profile a little bit and we all get to enjoy debating whether or not he's a cloth eared fool for not including the Zarjaz RZ-5000 mk2. All good fun.

Forgot about that one, the Zarjaz RZ-5000 mk2 is a nobrainer top ten deck for sure, but I think the mk1 still edges it out for long term enjoyment. Many thought that the decoupling membrane on their mk2's Atmosphere tonearm was too fragile and would need servicing at some point.

advertisement

Back