advertisement

Top comedy sketches / pieces

If you haven't seen Meet The Feebles or Braindead by Jackson then you are in for a treat. I raised my kids on Bad Taste and Braindead, hence we have a wonderfully loose sense of humour.

I haven't seen Meet The Feebles but thought Braindead was great.

I haven't seen Meet The Feebles but thought Braindead was great.

Meet The Feebles is another league. Think the Muppet Show, but Miss Piggy is shooting up. I haven't seen it since the early nineties, but it sticks in the mind. Not for kids.

Rhubarb & Custard - the one where Rhubarb tries to become a bird is very nearly perfect. It ends with "a beak is a beak and a spike is a spike".

Blues Brothers - the "it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses" and the "Shit! What? Rollers. No. Yeah. Shit!" exchange.

Groucho Marx - "What you really need is sincerity. If you can fake that, you've got it made" and "you can leave in a huff or you can wait a bit and leave in a minute and a huff"

The Boddingtons advert with the glamorous woman using the head of the beer as face cream and the glamorous man with the broad Lancashire accent.

Dave Allen - the man crawling through the desert

Ken Dodd on the Parkinson Show - the chicken on the motorway

The Goons - Napoleon's piano

Mitchell and Webb - Nazis.

Rowan Atkinson - Father-in-law's speech from "Wedding From Hell"

The Goon Show "What Time Is It, Eccles?" -

Pete and Dud... OK mainly Pete... The Tarzan casting sketch. Teaching ravens to swim underwater. The Frog and Peach.... anything Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling!

advertisement

Back