advertisement

Top 3 singles I really hate

1 - Imagine (John Lennon) This is unbelievably sentimemental bollocks. Drivel. Shite. Cats piss.

2 - Light my fire (Will Young) How to murder a classic

3 - You've lost that loving feeling (Paul Mcshane or whoever it was) So bad it could be good

Bobby McFuckfaceFerrin – Don't worry be happy
4 non-blondes – What's up
UB40 – Red red w(h)ine

There are of course so so many other worthy contenders. I'm sure I'll be posting here again.

Joe Hutch said:
1. Video Killed the Radio Star: The Buggles (even the name of the band is shite!)

2. Mister Blue Sky: ELO.

3. The Carpenters: Calling Occupants ... (pants is right!)

I wish I'd spotted this when you posted it. These are three of my favourite songs.

My three would be:

1. Sugar Sugar - The Archies (Actually it's quite a catchy number)

2. Deck of Cards - some popular songster of the 60's who's name I forget; Jim Reeves perhaps?

3. Anything by Lionel Ritchie.

Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Mick

Jonathan Ribee said:
Van Halen - Jump
Not only horrible, but for me it sort of marks the point where rock lost the last shreds of credibility and discovered perms, conditioner and spandex.

unfortunately, there is more. it also brought out to the dance floor (at college "pubs", etc.) all sorts of jockish rocker guys who normally stayed off for lack of skill and potential embarassment but now felt paying air guitar and throwing their legs up at the right moment was cool. to be fair, a subset of these guys would also get up for "born in the USA" and do that awful fist-pumping-&-stomp-one foot-a-at-time thing that bruce would do in concert.

vuk.

Colonel_Mad said:
At least he showed a hint of irony by killing himself shortly after. Deserves some credit.

Jonathan
Hmm. His official website still speaks of him in the present tense. Methinks the irony is rusty.

ErikL said:
That's a great point. After posting, I tried to come up with a song title but couldn't. However, following a little research I give you:

"How Am I Supposed To Live Without You"

erik.

hmmm. it's surprising michael bolton would use a title like that.

vuk.

space cadet said:
Bobby McF***faceFerrin – Don't worry be happy
Brilliantly versatile and innovative singer. I agree it's a horrible single, but sold millions, and will no doubt keep him in his old age. The Voice (on Elektra Musician) is an excellent showcase of his talent.
There are of course so so many other worthy contenders.
I'll start-
Justin Timberlake. Talentless, devoid of style. One copycat too many.
Mariah Carey - the later stuff: all pfaff and schmaltz. At least there's a bit more real soul in her music than Whitney, the current runner up.
Celine Dion -all power and no soul.

I'm surprised if Boltin isn't #1, though

bob mccluckie said:
"Je t'aime - moi non plus" by Serge Gainsbourg, definitely with Brigitte Bardot.

Don't you mean Jane Birkin?

Definitely Bardot, at least the version I was subjected to by France Musique the other day. I think they were in a tongue-in-cheek mood. Maybe Birkin covered it.

I don't understand this thread.

Are these singles that you own, but now hate? Or is it about songs that when they come on the radio, you say that you hate it? If it is then why not just switch it off?

There are far better emotions in life than hate.

perfectsound said:
I don't understand this thread.

Are these singles that you own, but now hate? Or is it about songs that when they come on the radio, you say that you hate it? If it is then why not just switch it off? .

These are songs that are so absolutely awful they make you wish recorded sound had never been invented.

Has anyone mentioned coldplay yet? I think 'Yellow' would make my top three.

James Blunt - the only current artist that personifies his own rhyming slang.

"Je t'aime... moi non plus" is the title of a controversial French song written by Serge Gainsbourg, arranged by Michel Colombier and sung by Gainsbourg and his soon-to-be girlfriend, Jane Birkin who replaced actress Brigitte Bardot after protests of Bardot's then husband. The song was recorded in 1969, at the height of the Sexual Revolution in the 1960's

The song was known much for its racey undertones and the simple repetition of the title phrase ( which translates as "I love you... me neither") detailed by Birkin's breathy moans. The lyrics of the song, sung in very sultry tones, with Gainsbourg and Birkin/Bardot alternating, are considered by some to be somewhat explicit. Controversial phrases from the song include:

* "Je vais et je viens, entre tes reins" ("I come and I go, in between your kidneys")

answers.com

The very definition of horny, gentlemen, I think you'll agree.

palp

The only cover version I know is by Frankie Howerd & June Whitfield. You reach for the Kleenex every time...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004GM3P/026-4528584-6612412

[possibly the best album of any description ever, and the reason that I think the music confessional thread should be locked with immediate effect.]

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've since found that Gainsborough did record the song with Bardot in 1967. So well done PsB

The Kaiser Chiefs-I predict a riot (dumb pissed pubsong, pretentious bandname, just a mainstream band labelled as a "punk" band, good for 13-14 year old girls).
Stevie Wonder & Paul mcCartney-Ebony and ivory
Celine Dion-Titanic song (the singing camelnose from canada)
Status Quo-You're in the army now (in fact produced by two dutch guys (Bolland & Bolland) who are the "brains" behind the likes of Father Abraham etc !)
And also anything from:
Bruce Springsteen
Queen
Phil Collins
Coldplay
Every boyband
Sade
Whitney Houston
Dire straits
The Scorpions (Winds of change,anyone ?!)
ELO
Big hair american rockbands (Journey,Boston,Kansas,Whitesnake etc.)
Micheal Jackson of a bitch

Rob.

I predict a diet is ok.

Certainly less offensive than anything McCartney has ever done or been involved in doing - a man with a 100% track record in producing absolute cack.

advertisement

Back