advertisement

Top 3 singles I really hate

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
1. Video Killed the Radio Star: The Buggles (even the name of the band is shite!)

2. Mister Blue Sky: ELO.

3. The Carpenters: Calling Occupants ... (pants is right!)

1: You're beautiful - James Blunt (yes, really - I absolutely LOATHE his voice)
2: Brown girl in the ring - Bony M (used to get taunted with this at school 'cos of having the surname Brown)
3: The birdy song - The Tweets (hated it when it came out (I was six) and hate it EVEN MORE now.

1: You're Beautiful -James Blunt (yes, really - I absolutely LOATHE his voice)
2: Bitter sweet symphony - The Verve (just arse)
3: I will always love you - Shitney Houston (Drove me to insanity, who bought it for all those weeks?!?)

AlexTaylor said:
I will always love you

A great favourite of the Coop down the valley. I have sworn that if she tells me once more on a Saturday morniong that "eye-ee-eye-ee-eyeeeeee'll always love yoooou-oo-oo-oooo-ooooooooaaaahhhhh!", I'm going to take an axe to their muzak machine.

One should of course not forget the two worst records ever made, The Trashmen's "Surfin' Bird" and Ohio Express's "Yummy, yummy, yummy".

1. Bryan Adams - Everything I do I do it for you. (Pass me the razor blades please)
2 Daniel Bedingfield - If your not the one (a girl bought me this and I still get mocked by all my mates years later)
3. Bryan Adams - Everything I do I do it for you (An awful lot of people bought this, why?)

I just picked up a copy of 'Now that's what i call music 21' in a charity shop for a pound as I felt the urge to join in this thread. Hmm...let's see...how about:

'I'm Doing Fine Now' by The Pasadenas
'Stars' by Simply Red
'Give Me A Little More Time' by Kylie Minogue

...for starters?

No? Okay, how about:

'Goodnight Girl' by Wet Wet Wet
'It Must Be love' by Madness
'Ride Like The Wind' by East Side Beat?

I could go on, as it seems that the Now... compilations are a bottomless pit for this type of thing. I'm looking forward to 'Addams Groove' by Hammer. Oh yes.

sideshowbob said:
Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen

-- Ian

Couldn't agree more.

My three would be:

Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen
Imagine - John Lennon
Hi Ho Silver Lining - Jeff Beck.

Queen are the most appalling, offensive, obnoxious, (etc. etc) band in the history of popular music.

Shiver.

kevin

where to start??
Mull of bloody kintyre
everything I do bryan adams. --Although the "robin hood song played at the wedding" joke was funny
Whitney/celine/mariah
Anything done by mc--- featuring---
sorry, I know thats 4+ "songs", can't decide which to leave out. Its a bit like asking which form of torture sir would prefer to die by.
matt

manicatel said:
where to start??
Mull of bloody kintyre

I think Paul Mac must be the winner of the 'most crap singles made by one artist' competition:

Frog Chorus
Pipes of Peace
Give Ireland Back to the Irish

the horror! the horror!

That heap of shit by the So Solid Crew which was just the Casualty themetune with some talented pillock shouting things that sounded hard at the intervals where even they thought the Casualty themetune was becoming pointless, repetetive and irritating.

Can't even remember what it was called (I don't think it was called "The Casualty Theme tune") but has to be the worst No 1 ever.

Jonathan

Shaddup your face - Joe Dolcies Music Theatre (No 1 in NZ for weeks and bloody weeks. Don't know if it charted in the UK)
I will always love youuuuuu - Witney Houston
Anything by Girls Aloud

PigletsDad said:
Shaddup your face - Joe Dolcies Music Theatre (No 1 in NZ for weeks and bloody weeks. Don't know if it charted in the UK)
I will always love youuuuuu - Witney Houston
Anything by Girls Aloud

Kept Vienna by Ultravox off the number 1 spot over here in the UK.

Jonathan

Stuff like the Birdie Song, Shaddupa Yer Face and Bohemian Rhapsody don't count as they are novelty songs not meant to be taken seriously.

"Wonderful Tonight" - Eric Clapton
The Lionel Ritchie song where he freaks the blind girl out
Pretty much anything by Sting.

advertisement

Back