advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

You know, that one post has made me think I should stop judging ramblers and their poles. I always smile inside at the sight. They appear so superfluous if you don’t need them.

I know a few who use them, good for stability and they add a bit of extra propulsion easing stress on your joints. They also give you a bit of upper body work and core strength.

I know a few who use them, good for stability and they add a bit of extra propulsion easing stress on your joints. They also give you a bit of upper body work and core strength.
Be careful how you grip the poles. My wife has used walking poles for years now, and has just had her first carpal tunnel syndrome relief operation. Next one in a few months time. Her doctor said that it was exacerbated by continual grip on her walking poles.

Weds, Thurs, Fri off, lounging around nursing sore gum after yesterday. Train into London soon, then off to Manc tomorrow morning....

Lazy day off, to get 4 new tyres on the Qashqai. MOT due next month, and the fronts were looking a bit shabby, and the rears had cracks in the bottom of the treads. Checked the date codes, rears were 6 years old, fronts were 3. Went for same as last time, some Goodyear Efficient Grip 2 as they seem to wear ok, and the reviews are pretty favourable. £477 all in, with a 15% off code from a scheme at work. I was expecting the "tracking needs adjusting" call, but only got a call to say the car was ready. When I picked it up, I asked about the tracking, but he said the tracking computer needs repairs, so I could book to check after it's fixed. However, the invoice they emailed gave a condition report with photos and tread depths, and all the wear looked pretty even, so probably won't bother.

While waiting, I took myself over to Rob's Record Mart in Nottingham (a bit of a legendary place)...no organisation whatsoever, just wall to wall boxes of records. I don't think I've been in for 25 years or so, but it's the same as it ever was. Came out with a clean looking copy of Elvis Costello Armed Forces for 8 quid. Something I never got round to buying. Will give it a spin later.

Also noticed a lot of security around Nottingham Trent University (always Trent Poly for me).... apparently something going on that's on telly later...

Then haircut, well overdue.

advertisement

Back