advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

messy day.
Things out of kilter.
Trip to A&E (not me) and a child has a health issue (unrelated)
going to get a grip tomorrow
no music today.

off to see the oldies on the bus, then into the Greatest London to Sadlers Wells for the Festival of Hip Hop Dance

• preparing for a visit of electrician to do an EICR , not had one for many years so expecting a few advisories . not sure what he will make of the separate system for the hifi !! we live in a lot of clutter so its a bit of trek to get ready
having a hole dug today to see foundations ready for topgraphical survey next week on drive/road project

Decided that my car (Skoda Octavia) which is now on 87K miles and 9 years old is OK to service myself rather than keep taking it into the dealer every year. The end of the FDSH...
Was surprisingly easy and quick. Oil and filter change, air filter, cabin filter. The sparkplugs were probably the worst bit trying to get the coilpacks out, but all OK with the proper tool and some heaving.
It's still running. And a whole lot cheaper than Skoda prices.
Then did the wife's Jazz (been DIYing that for years) - oil and filter, air filter, cabin filter. Polished the headlights.
Checked all the brakes, lights, greased hinges, tyre pressures, brake fluid hygrometer, reset the service counters etc.
Then sat in the sun in the garden and had a cold beer.
And got a little sunburnt.

Washed my car, something I rarely have time for myself, it usually goes to a local hand wash. I quite enjoy doing it myself, black is hideous to keep clean but it looks superb for the 5 minutes it’s clean when you wash it.

Mrs BB managed to wrench the light fitting out of the ceiling in our room, whilst changing the bed. I managed to get it back up in the same location, just!

Hoping for a quiet day tomorrow.

Cheers BB

what a lovely evening - early dinner of some top notch pub grub in Clerkenwell, then off to Sadlers Wells for this

20240504_180652 by uh_simon, on Flickr

Some exciting Hip Hop Dance theatre, with highlights of Popping from Femme Fatale from the US, and some brilliant Break Dancing from Jinjo Crew from S Korea. Highlight being Jinjo breakin to "Invaders Must Die" by Prodigy......

Screenshot_20240505_102247_Studio by uh_simon, on Flickr

Really looking forward to Break Dancing in the Paris Olympics

Cleaned the gutters out from around my house , Both downpipes blocked, 2 buckets full of stuff removed , I did them last year as well , amazing how fast they fill up.

Breaking up two 6' x 6' fence panels into wheelie bin friendly size bits....I will feed it in as much as is reasonable every 2 weeks. Might take a couple of months to see the lot off. I don't fancy taking it to the tip, as you can never get rid of the spiders from the car, once they are in. Had to saw up the broken post.

Took the dogs down to Oare Creek for a walk. Mabel the puppy has become interested in water on our last couple of walks, doing a bit of paddling at the water’s edge. Today she launched herself into the creek, twice. One very wet dog. Upside we had to have a bit of breakfast at the cafe whilst she dried off a bit.

Cheers BB

hmmmmm home to a leaking radiator in the living room.....cat was sniffing the damp rug - he always alerts us to odd goings on......most awkward space to get to, next to the unit with my 50kg amp on it........

Had my first proper solo ride out on the new bike, nice weather & managed to take about 20 minutes off my PB on a 40 odd mile course. Life in the old dog yet.

hmmmmm home to a leaking radiator in the living room.....cat was sniffing the damp rug - he always alerts us to odd goings on......most awkward space to get to, next to the unit with my 50kg amp on it........
Leaky pin on a TRV?

Leaky pin on a TRV?

no very very old radiator is corroded - I can see where it is coming from. Despite the system being topped up with inhibitor we have some very very old radiators, this should have been replaced years ago

recovering today after a traumatic experience yesterday evening . so this mattress appears at the bottom of the garden . where the heck did it come from ? as the garden wall is at least 9 or 10 foot . so son comes round and is like a volcano and lobs it over the fence again assuming it belongs to the guys over the fence .... big mistake . the owner understandably goes bonkers so i try and drag it back over but cant so we have to leave it

a few hours later late last night we have visitors from relatives of the family from quite a few miles on our doorstep going bonkers over this incident , so i have to mega mega grovel and appologise for his behaviour and try and repair relationships . good job they did not have guns !! Flip me famlies can get you into such trouble !!! grrrr :mad:

wow , well done that cat !! hope you get it sorted
Yes Ziggy was unusually sniffing around the radiator where a small wet patch was accumulated.

yes we have a plumber round the corner whose work is good. We should have has this one replaced when the one in the landing was done a few years ago.

We'll get the plumber to replace three this time.

2 buckets full of stuff removed , I did them last year as well , amazing how fast they fill up.

yes we got 3 buckets worth from the back and front of our mid terrace.

Got MOT reminder from .gov website - booked online with our local F1Auto. Not using pork for an MOT

Taking action against rats. It’s a rat trap Billy, but ain’t caught one yet this time. (peanut butter as bait) Found the place near the back door frame where the blighters are nibbling away at it. Poison is now down, and we are going to use metal to block a hole in the garden gate that rattus norvegicus has nibbled through. One of the joys of living next to a field.
The helpful old man at B&Q mentioned how “they can eat through concrete…”

The Wife is glued to the snooker final.

I have about a hundred records to clean up this week (for Headway charity) but my arm hurts so giving it a rest today.

advertisement

Back