advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Late home due to A46 crash, then get home to see a Sparrow hawk plucking a pigeon in the corner of the garden. At least it's not one of the Blackbirds or Robins that are nesting in the garden.

Late home due to A46 crash, then get home to see a Sparrow hawk plucking a pigeon in the corner of the garden. At least it's not one of the Blackbirds or Robins that are nesting in the garden.
Nature keeping the pigeon numbers in line. Love seeing a bird of prey in action in the wild.

Cheers BB

My son has a savings account that was gifted to him on his 18th Birthday by his godparents. It’s with the Co-op bank. He wanted to transfer the money to his ISA but couldn’t access the account without going to a branch first. Our nearest branch is Lewisham. I took him down there this morning and he sorted it out. I was surprised how vibrant Lewisham was, it’s probably 5 years since I’d last got out of the car there. There was a busy market and lots of people around. Far different to how I remember it. I know there’s been a lot of regeneration going on in the area, it seems to be working.

Cheers BB

Sitting in the garden after planting some borage and lovage.
It’s sunny and warm.
Can’t believe it!

this morning shortlisting for a lecturer post in UX - healthy number of applicants 47 for 1 post.

this afternoon - update on the new building, completion slipped by a week, but the move schedule remains unaffected. Nice to see some up to date images of our new work space.

As there has been activity in the Towers’ nestbox this year I connected up the RasPiCam that is fitted inside, eventually found the scrap of paper with the login details and changed the obsolete IP addresses etc etc. In the nick of time, it would seem.

20240501141050-d06e5720.jpg

20240501141050-d171f0cf.jpg

busy day - work meetings this morning.

Then local company round to clean gutters - they were full of sludge etc.....they looked at a leaky and blocked shared downpipe, replaced some connectors divertor valve to the water butt is knackered. Next door need clearing as well. Seems like a tidy repair. Nice people, didnt get upset when he was covered with cold water from the water butt.....gave him a nice tip.

Waited all day for the garage door person to show to do some routine maintenance on my garage door - guess what he didn't show.......

Tyre pressure light came on 10 minutes after I left Fulham this morning, pulled off the A3 and found a bloody big screw sticking out of a front tyre. No spare but managed to get to Kwik Fit in Kingston. I knew both front tyres were at the limit anyway so left there £550 lighter. Had to have Pirelli, will see how long they last. Previous Michelins did over 30K.

2 tyres done in less than an hour from driving in was excellent service I thought. Whilst I was there an American guy was complaining that they had breached data protection laws by taking photos of his tyres, he told them to put the wheel back on, with a very bald tyre and he drove off!

Cheers BB

Farting about with my old yamaha av receiver which is being an idiot. Agreed with The Wife that after 12+ yrs we can consider a replacement. Going Denon next time we think.
Did manage to connect our ps one and Hogs of War is still working, so I will have a go with that later as Wife is off to the Ballet with Daughter. (Romeo & Juliet)
Visited my parents- they are having a charging point fitted before they get the fully electric VW sometime in the next couple o months. Not sure that my Dad is that keen, but my non-driving mother sure is.

As the Wife is out, I am going to eat a large quiche lorraine and have a beer. Luxury.

new speaker stands arrived . finally managed to get a haircut [ not much left now !!!] put out loads of Rubbish for council to pick up. no doubt tommorrow it will be strewn everywhere by the scavengers . last time i had to rebag 4 times . this time left it all open so they can see

admired the difference in Estate agents . using 2 at the moment . one a big established chain i barely get any feedback from unless i ask
another has a dashboard with all the viewings booked [ 21 in 3 hours !!!} and noted over 10, 000 viewings since saturday . its so much better than the other agent and the both charge about the same

Spent a ridiculous amount for a full new set of tyres, fitting in a week or so.
Winced even after the -20% offer applied.

I should not complain - I've have had 22-23K miles out of present set, and all worn evenly: very good going.

had baby today , this little chap is a laugh a minute . feeding him is hilarious as he tries to blow into the water feeder thingie

and he was sitting in the corner and did the loudest fart ever you could hear across the room 🤣

advertisement

Back