advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

yes we had a massive fly tip recently on some communal garages of which i own one . I went down and gathered all the evidence from it . even found the house that it came from . It was huge external insulation project . contacted the lead body of the insulation who said they use licensed carriers . now sadly our council is bankrupt so these flytippers got away with it even though i have all the addresses and evidence

we nearly had to pay to have removed but a nice councillor got it sorted for us .

was unable to get grandson jabbed with measles jab on NHS despite all the hype and a near outbreak in same establishment . got it done privately !! mad isnt it. The NHS are very contradictory in their advice !!!

Just had the slightly surreal experience of sitting in a 250 seat cinema with only 2 other people.

Mind you, Wicked Little Letters was excellent. Highly recommended.
In my time I have been part of an audience of two (Tarkovsky’s Stalker) and more recently one (Gravity).

And I remember with a shudder going to a free jazz gig (I mean entrance was free, not the jazz) in the mid-70s at the educational establishment on Holloway Road, the current and former names of which escape me. There were some well known London scene players present - I remember Nick Evans and Marc Charig, for starters, and possibly Harry Miller - but the turnout was poor. Or to be more precise, me. The horror… do I applaud every piece heartily, despite the sound being drowned out by the sound of the musos discussing the next number between themselves? What about the solos? Worst of all, being a free gig, the expenses pot was passed to the audience at the interval. I’m squirming thinking about it even now.

last night, nice wander around Coal Drops Yard, nipped to the opticians to have the frames on the new glasses swapped. Few beers in some places we hadn't been in for a while. Into The Fellow for a bit of the Rugby,

1000009457 by uh_simon, on Flickr

then a lovely dinner in the Coal Office - not cheap but brilliant food.

This morning, quick coffee, followed by a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs with brown shrimps on black bread at the German Gymnasium.

1000009499 by uh_simon, on Flickr

Home on the train - tooth ache getting worse - might have to bite the bullet and go to the dentist 🦷 or perhaps DIY 🛠️

Today mostly coughing and sneezing, suspect we both caught it from granddaughter at half term. so in the last few months i've had Covid, a cold from UK followed by a long cough, a cold from Africa and now a long French cold which feels as if it's leaving another 100 day cough.

Soon be summer.

In my time I have been part of an audience of two (Tarkovsky’s Stalker) and more recently one (Gravity).

And I remember with a shudder going to a free jazz gig (I mean entrance was free, not the jazz) in the mid-70s at the educational establishment on Holloway Road, the current and former names of which escape me. There were some well known London scene players present - I remember Nick Evans and Marc Charig, for starters, and possibly Harry Miller - but the turnout was poor. Or to be more precise, me. The horror… do I applaud every piece heartily, despite the sound being drowned out by the sound of the musos discussing the next number between themselves? What about the solos? Worst of all, being a free gig, the expenses pot was passed to the audience at the interval. I’m squirming thinking about it even now.
Would that have been North London Poly now Metropolitan University? I spent a few years there avoiding going to lectures.

I've been to the occasional free jazz gig (where it was the jazz that was free) and discovered I was the only audience member not in one of the groups playing...

Would that have been North London Poly now Metropolitan University? I spent a few years there avoiding going to lectures.

I've been to the occasional free jazz gig (where it was the jazz that was free) and discovered I was the only audience member not in one of the groups playing...
North London Poly, yes, that was the place.

I reckon if mine had been a free free jazz gig I might have attempted to cover my embarrassment by trying to pretend I was part of the band. Maybe by grabbing a ruler and dragging it boisterously along a radiator at fff moments. Or perhaps wailing away in best Yoko style.

last night, nice wander around Coal Drops Yard, nipped to the opticians to have the frames on the new glasses swapped. Few beers in some places we hadn't been in for a while. Into The Fellow for a bit of the Rugby,

1000009457 by uh_simon, on Flickr

then a lovely dinner in the Coal Office - not cheap but brilliant food.

This morning, quick coffee, followed by a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs with brown shrimps on black bread at the German Gymnasium.

1000009499 by uh_simon, on Flickr

Home on the train - tooth ache getting worse - might have to bite the bullet and go to the dentist 🦷 or perhaps DIY 🛠️
You are quite the bon viveur!

Today mostly coughing and sneezing, suspect we both caught it from granddaughter at half term. so in the last few months i've had Covid, a cold from UK followed by a long cough, a cold from Africa and now a long French cold which feels as if it's leaving another 100 day cough.

Soon be summer.
yes these grandchildren spread their bugs !! hope you feel better soon

It's weird when you're the only one there, whatever the situation.
I remember being the only passenger, me and my motorbike, on the 06h00 P&O sailing from Boulogne to Dover on 24th December 1979.
Odd. The service was good, though ! 😂 Couldn't do enough for me !

(I was living in Boulogne for the year, and me and my trusty Honda CB100N were heading home to Leeds for Christmas. A few days later, heavy rain in Leamington spa, a thunderstorm in Lille, snow in Liège and even more in Bochum was the bike's nemesis ! 😂 Back to Boulogne on the train with a sad bike in the guard's van ! Couldn't do that these days. )

yes these grandchildren spread their bugs !! hope you feel better soon
Thanks!

Most annoying is that the sources of the cold have recovered quickly and spent the last two weekends skiing while us old people seem to have slightly reduced resilience.

meeting with my boss, then a long meeting with my team - and at long last i managed to get an appointment with an emergency dentist - 🦷🛠️

hmmmm dentists........ 6 injections - large cavity filled......might need root canal in near future........now i am dribbling, might go and have a pint through a straw

advertisement

Back