advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

hmmmm dentists........ 6 injections - large cavity filled......might need root canal in near future........now i am dribbling, might go and have a pint through a straw
One of my employees is taking a week off to have root canal work done in Colombia (she's Colombian), it's cheaper for her to fly there and have the work done privately than pay for it privately here.

Cheers BB

broke an old record player accidentally , got told off as apparently its worth a bit !! all the 20 black bags we put out had been ransacked overnight so we had to rebag and put in garage . Not before a dear old lady scrappie had also had a good mooch and found loads of stuff . tommorow we have a load more stuff for her if she comes . rather her have than traipse to charity shop .
word getting out now that house will soon be for sale and one 2 folks came by wanting to buy it ... wanting a `special deal`!!!

Back from a few days away at a big family funeral in Hastings, and then a few days on the Isle O Wight meeting our new Granddaughter. Emotionally drained from the highs and lows.

We have realised that we will be visiting the Island many times over the next few years. It is a strange old place, and hasn’t changed that much since I lived there for a while many years ago.

... listening to skylarks.

Last year, for the first time that I can recall in the 38 years we've lived here, I heard larks in the field opposite. This year, I've already heard and seen some over the field, but for the first time today, whilst I was digging the vegetable patch, I heard and saw one directly over the garden. Brilliant.

... a few days on the Isle O Wight ...

We have realised that we will be visiting the Island many times over the next few years. It is a strange old place, and hasn’t changed that much since I lived there for a while many years ago.
I had a building project built-out over there a couple of years ago, having not been there .. since a kid over several summers c 30-35yrs previous.
I described it then as 'only 3hrs, but somehow 30yrs away' to colleagues.

and - that's not a bad thing, now being old enough tto appreciate the appeal (even if - def not for me)

I had a building project built-out over there a couple of years ago, having not been there .. since a kid over several summers c 30-35yrs previous.
I described it then as 'only 3hrs, but somehow 30yrs away' to colleagues.

and - that's not a bad thing, now being old enough tto appreciate the appeal (even if - def not for me)

I like the buildings on the island (I was going to be an architect before I was convinced otherwise by an idiot) - some beautiful old houses in fab locations. It is a time capsule in many ways and I would add a decade or two to your 30 yrs. comment!
I always described the island as a huge retirement home, with attitudes to match. The Islanders that I know have mostly managed to escape to the mainland. My youngest Son loves it down there and has had five years on the island so far. He is looking forward to long summers of beach life with his new Daughter. If my two other children decided to move to the Island, then we would move down there, but I think the elder two are settled in Nottinghamshire.

Nice to see you back Big Tabs . Hope your new Grandaughter loves music as much as quickly you introduce her to it x

Muchos grassyarse.
My Son and his partner are music addicts and are already talking about getting the baby a piano/keyboard. Whilst my son played the baby classical music whilst she was growing in her Mother - Mum was playing baby German Death Metal…

In Sounder bar Broadstairs. Nice pint of gf session beer, Ed on Albarino, then an orange wine. 27 Harbour Street in a couple of hours and the Loop bus service back to Margate, maybe a snifter in the Rose in June.

Clearing a cluttered house , the bowls and many many items left on the drive are being taken by many people . great to see thekm being reused . had an amazing visit of a very cheerful Italian scrap man , flip he hoovered the whole workshop in minutes even taking swarfega , tins of aerosols and many many other items . These guys are amazing . keeping house clearance costs to a minimum

Clearing a cluttered house , the bowls and many many items left on the drive are being taken by many people . great to see thekm being reused . had an amazing visit of a very cheerful Italian scrap man , flip he hoovered the whole workshop in minutes even taking swarfega , tins of aerosols and many many other items . These guys are amazing . keeping house clearance costs to a minimum
Interested in this. Might have to clear the house of an elderly hoarder soon. Dreading it. Did you just let neighbours know that stuff would be left outside and to "help yourself"? Or is it a more organised process?

Getting ready for wife's birthday tomorrow. Trip to shops, picked some flowers, then cleaning bathrooms etc for her sister's overnight visit. Have earned a beer methinks. Or a large malt? Or both?

Interested in this. Might have to clear the house of an elderly hoarder soon. Dreading it. Did you just let neighbours know that stuff would be left outside and to "help yourself"? Or is it a more organised process?
yes its ramadan so hundreds passing and many scrap vans collecting so it goes in a jiffy . didnt have to ask anyone

what greives me is i have some nice furniture to get rid of but a lot of it cant be given to BHF as it has to be saleable . the local furniture restorers have declined about half of it too so it will be smashed up

good luck with clearing the house

advertisement

Back