advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Somewhat knackered after a number of trips posting parcels of stuff that got left behind in mil move .just trying to finalise things before exchange and completion

Car goes tommorrow , enjoyed the use of the cracking little citroen c1 which is peppy and easy to park .she will be sadly missed

For about 7 months I’ve been having some mild symptoms of something not being right in my groin, bladder, testicle area.
I found a hard area in the left groin which just gives a dull ache a few times a day, most of the time I hardly noticed it, and at the same time I had a very swollen left testicle. I sort of assumed they might be linked.
Being a typical bloke:rolleyes: I ignored it for a few months until I had a couple of bad nights where I needed to urinate constantly which ruined my sleep so went to doctors about it in November and had two ultrasounds late last year.
The one on the testicle came back as an epididymal cyst and a hydrocele which we agreed to leave unless it starts causing pain.
The ultrasound on the hard area which they thought might be a hernia showed it was much deeper than that but they couldn’t be sure what it was so I got booked for a CT scan. Had to wait 12 weeks for that and had it 10 days ago.
I got called in to the doctors today as she had the results and was told I have a sarcoma (soft tissue cancer:eek:) in my groin/bladder area that may also be in the bones in that area.
Got to have an MRI and biopsy, hopefully within 2 weeks, to assess the exact state of play and what treatment options are available.

Deep joy.:(
Very sorry to hear that. I hope you can get the tests done promptly and get a successful treatment going asap with a good team, and wish you much strength in the coming months.

Did a bit of tidying in the garden. I really need to come up with a plan to get maintenance down as bending, kneeling is getting very difficult.
On the upside, went for a swim. 20 lengths in twos. 500 metres. I try to do that at least once a week and always feel better for it.
Not far, but possibly about 500 metres further than 99.9% of 74 yr olds with HF.
Bloody frustrating though and I'm reminded of an old bloke years ago who swam up next to me and bemoaned. " You lose all your power".
He's right.
Still .. onward and upward!! :)

went to see our brewing friend Charlie before he changes jobs tomorrow. He kindly gifted us a couple of bottles of open top fermented beers that had been bottled two years ago. A delicious cherry fruit beer, and a delicate hedgerow sour.

Had some lovely very hot jerk chicken and some rice and peas

A lovely evening out...

Off to Cambridge to see the Abyssinians

Another early start, Kings Cross at 05.30, some interesting characters around at that time. I’m supposed to be on holiday next week, preparing to put the house on the market.

Cheers BB

Another early start, Kings Cross at 05.30, some interesting characters around at that time. I’m supposed to be on holiday next week, preparing to put the house on the market.

Cheers BB
wow big change .where are you moving to ? And last time we were at kings cross there were folks lying spaced out on pavement presimably from spice

wow big change .where are you moving to ? And last time we were at kings cross there were folks lying spaced out on pavement presimably from spice

We’re hopefully moving to a bigger house in the village. I’d really like to move to the coast, Hythe or Folkestone area but nearly a year into my new job I’m spending just as much time in London, which is too far to drive daily.

Cheers BB

Taken to Sonning Mill theatre last night as a birthday treat. What a wonderful place. Small theatre in intimate surroundings. Only downside, compulsory meal before the show. That would be good except not the best food, albeit at top dollar prices.

last night trip to St Albans to see our mate in the Beer Shop, after hearing from a mutual acquaintance that the beer shop had put some bottles and cans aside for us.....and they had

20230326_143808 by uh_simon, on Flickr

then off to a local a local Brasserie for dinner. Consistently great cooking at very good prices.

today - making smoked fish pate for lunch. Lounging around listening to the Kenny Allstar show from last Friday on Sounds

bloody o'clock

20230326-171242.jpg

Sleeping.
Just feel uncommonly-knackered. Well - it is my time, so using it to lounge across the sofa, dozing under a good book, is my privilege.

Taken to Sonning Mill theatre last night as a birthday treat. What a wonderful place. Small theatre in intimate surroundings. Only downside, compulsory meal before the show. That would be good except not the best food, albeit at top dollar prices.

That’s a super spot, not been for years. Used to spend a lot of time in the Bull. I suppose they’ve got a captive audience with the restaurant and no shortage of punters, otherwise everyone would be in the French Horn!

advertisement

Back