advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

I've been contemplating the second anniversary without my dear Heather. 35 years ago, today, we were married and had an amazing life together. We supported each other through the various ups and downs life threw at us until lung cancer took her from me. I sometimes feel guilty for the times I prevaricated about doing things and the opportunities we might have missed. The fates conspired and we were not able to have children and I often think what a wonderful mother Heather would have made.

Then again I think of those who didn't get that length of time together,because of illness or the breakdown of the relationship. I have a young friend who life seems to have dealt an awful hand: he has MS which has progressed significantly over the last couple of years and now his wife wants a divorce and has already been playing silly beggars with the joint finances. His best friend died suddenly last week after a virus turned to sepsis. A nicer young person you would struggle to find, and he has a great taste in music to go with it. There may be 30 years between us but we have wonderful conversations.

Another friend told me today about her sister-in-law who like me is now into the second year since losing her partner. She needs the help of anti-depressants to cope despite keeping herself busy helping with the RVS cafe in the local hospital and the Darby and Joan club. I may be struggling at times but at least, for the moment, I don't need that kind of support. There have been a few tears in the run up to today, but I'm generally coping. The phrase "time is a healer" is something I would never say to anyone now. In time you may learn to cope but I haven't healed any in 15 months.

Last year I was struggling to cope after my bike accident and I think the anniversary almost passed me by in terms of the emotional involvement.

i'm going out with my sisters and their husbands tonight so wont be at home on my own. I felt it best to plan this distraction.
The expression I heard many years ago (which I immediately personally identified with) was ‘they say time is the best healer but he’s a slow worker and doesn’t use any anaesthetic’.

Not posted for a few days because I’ve been decorating and gardening all week, 2 of the things I enjoy least in life. Despite being on holiday I’ve spent a couple of hours per day on proper work stuff, which was a blessed relief. If we weren’t so busy at work I could have had a couple of my chaps round doing the work for me!

Mrs BB has worked like a Trojan, nothing distracts her and she’s much better (read careful and enthusiastic) than I am. Got another day at it tomorrow but the fruits of our labour means the house can go on the market on Monday and the real stress can start.

Cheers BB

We planned to play golf yesterday as the weather forecast was good. 4 holes in, the heavens opened and thunder heard so called it a day.

showing someone i have offered a job to around the facilities.

Got car insurance renewal - dunno what planet Direct Line are on with the increase.......

Had a bathroom cladded because the damm tiles keep moving and leaking through to ceiling below . Lovely polish chap who was very good indeed . Looks nice but not cheap !!

Just repairing the ceiling now and later got some basic chord epic coming to have a play with .since then they seem to have pimped it with various varieties

Woke up to another 8" of snow. Temps above freezing the next three days, so it shouldn't last too long.

Been one of the snowiest winters ever. One more large storm and we could break our all-time record.

I think we've had our fill, so no more please!

Took all the wheels off the Qashqai (one at a time!) to check the brake pads. Fronts are not too bad, but will swap them out before the MOT in July. Rear ones are well down, so I will look to put new ones on in the next few weeks. Never done pads on rear discs before, so need to check how to push the piston back in. I just use a G cramp on the front, but believe it may not be suitable on rear?

Boy is camping with Air Cadets tonight, so myself and Mrs Jamie are off for a rare evening out, to the pub in the next village for a meal.

Just finished putting together an Excel table to tally the votes in the latest photo competition (see photo thread).

Took all the wheels off the Qashqai (one at a time!) to check the brake pads. Fronts are not too bad, but will swap them out before the MOT in July. Rear ones are well down, so I will look to put new ones on in the next few weeks. Never done pads on rear discs before, so need to check how to push the piston back in. I just use a G cramp on the front, but believe it may not be suitable on rear?

I think you will have to screw them back in while apply high pressure to the piston. I made a tool to do it on my S type but it was still a real pain.

I think you can get a proper tool which would be a lot easier.

I think you will have to screw them back in while apply high pressure to the piston. I made a tool to do it on my S type but it was still a real pain.

I think you can get a proper tool which would be a lot easier.
I suspected that could be the case, but just watched a couple of YouTube vids, and the pistons are push back, not wind back, so should be easy peasy.

Visited by Granddaughter #2 who is writing a book. Just what a 12 yr. old bookish type should be doing.

She went to great trouble to explain a video game ‘Goshin Impact’ that she plays.
I didn’t get all of it!

MotoGp season race #2. All fun so far.

started the cooking with 4 Negronis

20230402-180822.jpg

then we entertained ourselves with 3 picklebacks

20230402-181056.jpg

this for later

20230402-180927.jpg

discussing, texting, the most suitable life celebration or memorial for a youngish nephew. prob is everyone sees it differently, hope it does not cause any friction.

my son returned from his HS&E course, pass with 97%.

Busy old weekend, watching City, some teaching, BBC Phil. at the Bridgewater playing a stunning Alpine symphony, piano lesson for the boy, one of his last few with his current before he goes to Chethams, nice gammon roast and Boulangere potatoes, then early start as it’s supposed to be new car delivery day. Nice weather so the lawns should get cut. I like being on holiday.

showing someone i have offered a job to around the facilities.

Got car insurance renewal - dunno what planet Direct Line are on with the increase.......

They did this to me some 4 years ago. The letter said - you have been insured with us for many years, you may like to check the market.
Premium had gone from £635 to £1,795. Did the usual search and got in down to £685.

They did this to me some 4 years ago. The letter said - you have been insured with us for many years, you may like to check the market.
Premium had gone from £635 to £1,795. Did the usual search and got in down to £685.

they requoted within my expectations - which was £15 more than the cheapest quote i had from elsewhere

advertisement

Back