advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

@hifinutt I have agree with your thoughts. The husband of one Heather's friends suffered dreadfully in his last few weeks, even in hospital they couldn't control his pain.

Luckily they were able to control Heather's pain, one of the community nurses went above and beyond to ensure her medication was sorted out over the weekend by getting a pharmacist to open up on Sunday with a promise of a prescription on Monday! My sincere thanks to both.

Yes if this guy was in the community we could have had a syringe driver up with morphine etc and he would die with dignity

Problem is hospitals of course have a one track mind to cure patients , surely a 92 year old with multiple health problems just just die with no pain . Would not like to be the others in the ward as he will wake them up

Spent most of today with my friend screaming and rolling around the bed ironically pulling out the pain killing drip i just nagged the staff into fitting . Tried to ring palliative care but no one over the weekend .fortunately i have a few contacts but still cant control this guys pain

That sounds like a challenging situation. P.R. route is viable if the oral route isn’t available and there is nothing sub/cut. injection available. Depends what the drugs to hand are.
Friday night is a poor time as well. Good luck.

from memory only, I think MST might be absorbed p.r. a palliative care formulary might give that information.

..home late yesterday from prospective post made two days ago; fascinating, if knackering, long day: so woke slightly later than intended;not that that affected anything.

Today - compared our digestion of things learned of yesterday with my excellent colleague; then - Client calls on several fronts, and aspects; business admin, and setting-up a couple of new projects won (yay!) Also a bit of mentoring - which always makes a reflective & rewarding end to a rather busy work-week ('busy' as an adjective will be put in the shade by next week's schedule: So I am down-tools, and now - ESLs and amps online, fired up for the weekend - contemplating another 'dark& stormy' while cueing a film ...

Mixed day, dad on a steady decline from prostate cancer now stage 4 into the bones and lots of stuff stopping working for him. Fortunately pain not a big issue yet and kind of hope his heart gives out before it becomes such.

In other news, son and his team have been selected for the finals of the Cyber 9/12 Strategy Challenge for 2023. 17 teams go through from 150 applicants so he is excited as it was his write up and application. He is not the best coder but he likes the communication bit.

That sounds like a challenging situation. P.R. route is viable if the oral route isn’t available and there is nothing sub/cut. injection available. Depends what the drugs to hand are.
Friday night is a poor time as well. Good luck.

from memory only, I think MST might be absorbed p.r. a palliative care formulary might give that information.

thanks BT . i dont think he would tolerate it . he has a spinal problem making him very agitated . he needs a sub cut injection imho . cant believe this hospital costing billions witha new 93 million addition has no palliative care nurses or dr on call in britains second city . pretty bad really .

thanks BT . i dont think he would tolerate it . he has a spinal problem making him very agitated . he needs a sub cut injection imho . cant believe this hospital costing billions witha new 93 million addition has no palliative care nurses or dr on call in britains second city . pretty bad really .

That is a shame. A person in pain at that stage is not good. I hope they get the care sorted.

discovered my VM phone line has been converted to their new fibre phone service. Plugged in the little adapter to the hub and phone no worky. Never mind only my parents and scammers called, and I told my patents to use the mobi anyway

Yesterday was a second day seeking out vaguely respectable clothes for upcoming cruise. This not helped by several pairs of favourite trousers seeming to shrink overnight.Think I've cracked it now, except for 'Gala Night' stuff. I'm not buying another suit, as I don't even wear them for funerals, just a decent jacket, pants and always a black tie. Also a decent overcoat hides a multitude of sins... I'll probably work something out and 'wing' it.

I woke up very early this a.m., not for the usual bladder reasons, but something not right about breathing. Not gasping or breathless by my definition but a little concerning. I'll discuss it with the HF Nurse next week.
On that topic, my GP has asked me to book bloods, then a follow up appt., to discuss my
Heart disease. Yet, I'm also in the care of the Community HF team and have just had bloods taken yesterday for an appt., next week. I'm told that the HF team report back to my GP anyway. So although it's nice to know so many people care.., it does smack of duplication, which can't be helping the overall NHS situation.
Today I'm steadily working through knee exercises and moderate weights. Bit of a walk later....

Picked up £32 worth of vinyl sales sleeves from Headway charity shop. At least half were 7” Singles, somebody forked out £3 for a nr/mint Chubby Checker ‘Let’s Twist Again’ - Ace!
Just playing a Mothers album that someone will pay £9 for I reckon. Most pleasing.

Third day lasagne today. (maybe it’s the forth day?). I bet you could batter and deep fry this stuff. (sure it’s been done)

nippy out.

somebody forked out £3 for a nr/mint Chubby Checker ‘Let’s Twist Again’ - Ace!

At the record fair today one of the stalls had a ton of original Chubby Checker LPs, three for a tenner. Other side of the fair someone had a ton of sealed Chubby Checker reissues £6 each.

Felt like there was something to be learnt from that but I'm not sure what :)

At the record fair today one of the stalls had a ton of original Chubby Checker LPs, three for a tenner. Other side of the fair someone had a ton of sealed Chubby Checker reissues £6 each.

Felt like there was something to be learnt from that but I'm not sure what :)

The punters are happy to part with £3 for cleaned/play-tested 7”. In a charity shop. That is the bit that I like. I think I have some regular customers buying up the old stuff as it comes in. It makes it worth the effort to clean them up and play ‘em.

The punters are happy to part with £3 for cleaned/play-tested 7”. In a charity shop. That is the bit that I like. I think I have some regular customers buying up the old stuff as it comes in. It makes it worth the effort to clean them up and play ‘em.

I'm pretty sure I would be a regular punter if I was local!

Spent about six hours a day for the last three days trawling through a couple of podcasts. The rest is Politics and The rest is History.
I’m addicted to news but wasting time on repeats in just a different skirt. The contortions for ‘balance’ is looking old hat now with reasonable journalists finding platforms that don’t neuter them.

Nothing special planned, except it is something that I love doing.
I have a (huge) pile of late 1950’s/1960’s Singles to play and grade, I have wet-cleaned 30 or so.

The bit I particularly like is playing a record and not knowing the artist or tune. Sometimes I find that I may know the chorus or main riff, often it is fresh to my ears. Admittedly there is loads of crap, and I know that a percentage will go straight in the bin.

Last day of lasagne today. It was massive.

advertisement

Back