advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

pleased to say my friend has improved greatly . it was not pleasant watching him roll around in agony . i think the morphine nearly killed him off . spent a fairly sleepless night worrying about where they will move him to . howver today much better and was able to feed him and try and sort out move to a nice nursing home . had to update about 10 people plus as he is very popular and loads of people want to know progress . happy days

Felt better than I have recently and got straight out of bed at 04.00, rather than going back to sleep and then working from home. Had a productive day and met a potential new client. Will be swimming tonight, I've only missed one session despite feeling knackered every night. Added bonus, I have a 4 day week and fly to Lisbon on Friday.

Cheers BB

Last week I had the cam belt/water pump replaced in my Yeti.

Sods Law - This week a suspension spring has broken (potholes) and the egr valve has failed, with corresponding exhaust management lamp being illuminated.

Bum.

Doing some staff development in relation to promotion opportunities. Briefing some colleagues over a new project i have been asked to lead. Shortlisting for SL

Changed a light bulb, the first in many years. When I got to it it was one of those compact florescent type which we got 2 of free when 'normal' light bulbs were starting to be phased out.
Such exciting times being retired :)

Played the telephone appointment lottery at my local surgery this morning - I won a 7th place in the queue on first try. They managed to squeeze me in this morning despite trying to fob me off with a telephone appointment.
Nasal polyps are funny things aren’t they?
Oh yes, I’m overweight, drink too much and don’t take enough exercise. And apparently I’ll die in due course. Life’s a bugger.
The doc was resigned to the chaos in the NHS. She’s one of the practice partners, and has never seen anything like it. I reassured her that I’ve been trying to stay out of her hair since last year, but needs must in this case.

somewhat knackered . before christmas i moved a 90 year old out of their home into sheltered accommodation . today been organising another person into a home !! oh and managed to visit a lovely hifi store as well , a funeral parlour and a watch shop

Just driven back to Cheshire having popped up to Edinburgh to spend a couple of days with my cousin who has dementia and we have POA for welfare over.
She doesn’t seem to have deteriorated since August but her daily carers keep us updated every evening.
Weather on the M6 was foul.

Out at the fancy local restaurant last night. Chateaubriand again. Utterly fantastic. Nice surprise when the intended realised 6 of her golfing mates were there too. We had a real laugh. Demolished some great wine afterwards, lots of interesting conversations too;) Booked flights for us for a week in Spain end Feb with free accommodation. Life is good again:)

Reconsidering life choices just now:

I fine-diced a couple of Scotch Bonnets into the veg chili in prep on the hob 10mins ago then washed hands, obvs. Yet given I have just flicked some minor annoyance out of one eye and ejected very colourful words immediately in response, the handwash was obviously-insufficient. Paws now re-scrubbed.

... 'Smarting' is a good adjective to use on family-friendly webforum; yes, definitely smarting, as I focus to type this through my non-dominant eye ...

Wife has just taken me somewhere new to eat. Steak, steak and more steak. I went for 50 day aged angus popeye. Very steaky.

The jolly young waiter asked if we had anything planned for the weekend.
Without any hesitation I replied, “Heroin and Opera.”
( :)We don’t really like Opera that much.)
Wife didn’t even try and kick me.

Reconsidering life choices just now:

I fine-diced a couple of Scotch Bonnets into the veg chili in prep on the hob 10mins ago then washed hands, obvs. Yet given I have just flicked some minor annoyance out of one eye and ejected very colourful words immediately in response, the handwash was obviously-insufficient. Paws now re-scrubbed.

... 'Smarting' is a good adjective to use on family-friendly webforum; yes, definitely smarting, as I focus to type this through my non-dominant eye ...
Lucky you didn’t go for a pee

advertisement

Back