advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

We've just had 10 sacks of Briteheat delivered to keep the Rayburn chugging along. It's gone up from £150,60 for the last lot we had delivered, admittedly at summer prices, last July to £301,50. :eek: Rather a neat doubling in price ! I wonder how much the next load of wood for the woodburner in the front room will cost. All plus the electricity at £120 per month. No wonder people are struggling. I'm extremely fortunate that the state pension kicked in in October, or we'd be up against it, too.

Happened to us last year (they were also non contactable), can’t understand it myself.

Mrs BM is sometimes involved in Psychological testing for job applicants, all arranged online. The number of candidates who don`t bother to complete the test form or even say they are dropping out is very high.

Bashed-out some effective 'colouring-in' across four different projects today. Got much accomplished and a few small things in side conversations, all squared-away; always satisfying.

Early night tonight for early get-away tomorrow - 350 mile round trip with a colleague, to see particular facilities and talk to particular people all the day. Looking forward to it, esp. from a 'learning new things' POV; and frankly, that's likely the highest-scoring motivator in my attitude to life.

'You are Nadeem Zadhawi and I claim my £5'

If I had access to the amount of loot he had available I would have paid the tax and be choosing which hookers to have before lobster and booze. Then tomorrow fly on a private jet to my holiday home. Rinse, repeat , etc.

Second session with a personal trainer. Perversely, starting to enjoy it! Gym joined too.
Not something I planned but new lady has run the New York marathon, as well as several others and spends a lot to time in the gym so I am showing willing:D

liased with many folks re my friend in hospital . its a full time job keeping all the folks who love him informed

met with carpenter to design a wardrobe

tried to sort out a electronic prescription which the chemist said is `on the spine` but apparently cant be processed !!! all news to me !!

enjoyed a few hours listening to 2 lovely sets of speakers at hi fi shop in jewellery QTR and turned the phone off !! relief !!

Dropped in on ATC to pick up a sub, and had a quick tour of the factory. Long time since I’ve seen it all, but it still comes across as a cottage industry, but under the skin, they’re doing some impressive stuff, and making some not-inconsiderable investments. I particularly liked to see the work they do on motor units with that Klippel laser rig. Confirms my belief that ‘it’s all about the motor unit stupid’.
There are some nice things coming down the line, starting next month, and they’re building some new facilities too. A great example of a British success story. I’m probably at my end-game speakers now, but never say never :eek:
Detoured via Salisbury on the way back to recalibrate my antiques knowledge.

having finished a long week of interviews - making decisions, able to appoint to 5 of the 6 vacancies. Now starting the shortlisting for a more senior colleague

Getting ready for a road trip to visit my poorly cousin in Edinburgh. Going by car, can no longer trust Transpennine railway to even be running. Whilst there I am going to visit the National gallery, particularly to see Gaiguin’s Vision of the Sermon (Jacob Wrestling with the Angel), painted and donated to a tiny chapel in Pont Aven but rejected by the priest as far too avant garde for his flock. It ended up in Scotland’s National Gallery. Then it’s round the corner to visit the Writers’ Museum.

Table tennis this morning with the cancer support group

Followed by mindfulness

Made arrangements for tomorrow with Gothy John

Pub - Thornbridge Jaipur IPA!!

Back home now, Keema Mataa for dinner.

Probably fall asleep watching the City vs Arsenal

Second day lasagne.

Youngest child is 32 years old tomorrow. Time flies.

The Daughter of a friend who is a doctor is going to train as a registered Nurse. That news delighted me no end. I will encourage her when I see her next.

Just The Daughter to have her birthday in February, then I can put the wallet away (!) re: The Kids until Christmas. All 3 of the kids birthdays are within a month. Queer how that happens.

Tomorrow will be Third day Lasagne.

Thinking how lucky dogs are , when they are near the end they can just have an injection .when you are a human you are in hospital and everyone does their best to keep you alive .

Spent most of today with my friend screaming and rolling around the bed ironically pulling out the pain killing drip i just nagged the staff into fitting . Tried to ring palliative care but no one over the weekend .fortunately i have a few contacts but still cant control this guys pain

advertisement

Back